Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1440
    BANNED

The clone theory would work if they tie in Gambit with Sinister like in the comics, minus the Mutant Massacre connection.

As for a clone being responsible for Gambit's heroic moment of self-sacrifice, I think it can be looked at the same with way Jean's return in the comics with the retcon that she wasn't Phoenix. Jim Shooter and John Byrne felt the story wasn't cheapened if it was a copy who went through that moment. The idea was that it became even more powerful if even a copy had the original's propensity to do good, so I can see that being the case for Gambit as well that the clone proved he was just as heroic as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    ok I give up, I don't know what to think anymore

and a little about Storm and Gambit

I think he meant to say that his take is that happy couples are UN-interesting ... which is * deep sigh * the same dumb take we have been suffering with since the literal 90s where unless there are high stakes drama and artifical hurdle after hurdle keeping them apart and miserable then a couple is simply boring!

It's the need this type of writer has for all emotional conflict to be epic and turned to 5000 that I find simply eye roll exhausting. We already had built in low stakes drama due simply to Rogue's powers and the undefined status that Romy had been left in by TAS. I think they understand VERY little about some of their readers/viewers and women in particular. Considering how wildly popular some rather "low stakes" drama couples are in shows are who are equally soapy ... think Bridgerton, The Good Place, The Office, etc ... it makes me beyond irritated that basically the thought process here was that no one would care about Romy unless we inserted BOTH a love triangle AND a death ... I mean it really makes me boiling mad.

Rogue & Gambit and Mr. & Mrs. X both had emotional conflict, both between the couples and them against their situations.

And yeah, the fact that we haven't had Rogue and Gambit on screen together since X-Men: Evolution, which wasn't even a full romance, and prior to that TAS had painted themselves into a corner with them because the no touch issues would have led to some rather adult issues/convos, has left us WANTING a GOOD Rogue & Gambit on screen representation so badly ... only to get THIS.

I don't feel like Beau has a full grasp on these two as a couple. Like clearly there ARE things he gets about them and his Gambit is definitely better written than his Rogue. But thinking we would somehow be pleased with Rogneto, which most X-Men fans dislike, or with killing off Gambit just to send Rogue over the edge ... do they know us at all?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

As Cable can't use Time to Fix Genoaha and I doubt Lucus will leave Shard I figure Gambit will stay dead and I'm OK. Insay this as a Gambit fan as he is Aecond fave below Wolverine. I don't want DeathBit or a clone. I say let the cast breathe as it is still bloated. Remy returning would kill the stakes. This se as on and going into season 2
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

The Phoenix being a separate entity and creating a clone of Jean was done as a solution to a problem--that problem being how does Marvel get Jean Grey back without the nastiness of her extinguishing countless lives. All the glory, none of the guilt. But no one sees Gambit's actions as a problem. I think complicating his sacrifice through a clone plot may be messing with that moment's raw power. Also, if Sinister created a clone, I think the comparison is closer to the Jean|Maddie situation, where there is a conversation being had about feeling/remembering/experiencing things.

I would love for Sinister to have some type of plot with Gambit. I just want it to be an angle not already done on the show or would weaken his big moment in Ep-5. Its clear we all have varying feelings plot-fixes involving time-travel (Cable or Phoenix), clones (Sinister), resurrection (Apocalypse/Death), and New Sun (full potential)... but are there other possibilities? What about Candra, an External more personal to Gambit's past?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If only Candra was introduced back on season 2 of the orginal. In X-Tternally Yours the X-ternal was the goddess who wanted the Tithe from the Assassin's and Thieves.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-11-2024 at 10:35 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It was during the Alan Davis era if I remember correctly. Sabretooth had adamantium and Apocalypse stripped him of it and gave it to Logan.
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    He also had a sword… don’t know why.
    LOL! It was Glorious

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Okay I'm just going to have fun with this...

Someone with a Gambit clone by Sinister theory, that Beau answered to...

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...78267713044708

Bastion temporally defeated and Magneto being mind wiped is predictable. So Beau would be referring to the clone theory...

I think Gambit's real body is buried, but Sinister made a clone. He's using Gambit as a weapon (diamond forehead), his spirit form/consciousness is in the Astral Plane and Cable and Rogue will need Remy to get into his new cloned body?
    I really hope that it is what will happen in the final.
    Just hope that Sinister ressurect and heal original body but maybe it is too complicates and your version about clone ia better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    It's confirmed that Questa was the mysterious dark-haired woman at Remy's funeral.

And yeah, I wish Storm acknowledged Gambit's death, she was the reason why he became an X-Man and was his best woman at his wedding. Not to mention BFFs with Rogue, one of the best dynamics of the original series. I did not like what Rogue said to her in ep 9, considering that she "took a bullet" for Magneto...but anyway...
    I needed to google Questa to remind who she is.
    Strange choice or did she appear in Externally Yours?
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-12-2024 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I've never even heard of Questa (for those who don't want to Google it: the character apparently appeared in the first Rogue series and later on in the Gambit ongoing), and I don't remember her in the cartoon. I don't remember this character at all TBH, not even in the comics...odd choice.

I saw a screenshot on IG of a tweet by DeMayo stating "Rogue chose Remy. Period." in response to someone. Well, I guess she did, literally choose him, but we didn't get to see anything come out of it yet. Gee, thanks, DeMayo.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 05-12-2024 at 07:30 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Who confirmed it was Questa? Last I heard, Emi Yonemura said it was Aurora.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    Who confirmed it was Questa? Last I heard, Emi Yonemura said it was Aurora.
    lol

I really hope that it is what will happen in the final.
    Just hope that Sinister ressurect and heal original body but maybe it is too complicates and your version about clone ia better.
    The resurrection protocols in Krakoa were a similar concept (kind of). Think of it that way.

Questa was created after that episode was aired. I do remember Paquette drawing her in the Gambit (1999) solo, but she was in the first Rogue (1995) mini. I had to look this up as well. She's suspiciously obscure (Mystique?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I saw a screenshot on IG of a tweet by DeMayo stating "Rogue chose Remy. Period." in response to someone. Well, I guess she did, literally choose him, but we didn't get to see anything come out of it yet. Gee, thanks, DeMayo.
    I saw that a couple of days ago. Rogue's "deeper than skin" line was the killer blow for Rogneto for XTAS/97. The only thing left is the AoA universe, which I'd be fine with as long as it's not in season 2 and not for an entire season.

We'll see how episode 10 goes. It's like what someone else here has said, show don't tell. Having Rogue choose Gambit just before he dies wasn't very satisfying for Romy fans.

I do wonder if him forcing the Rogneto storyline into XTAS was because it was a way to introduce the pairing to the audience in order to pursue some form of AOA in the next season. I don't see that pairing as being absolutely essential to the story this season...
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Amazing Member

I try to stay far away from the theories about the ending of this season, but it's important think the world is very stressful with the sentinels prime and the Magnet's blackout.
    And you have a 2 direction's, thinking that Magneto can't recover Earth's magnetic field (because of Wolverine's attack):
    1- fix the world with time travel
    2- more stressfull relationship to human and mutants and direction to AoA.

I think the another soluction is to easy to complex situation.

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    I try to stay far away from the theories about the ending of this season, but it's important think the world is very stressful with the sentinels prime and the Magnet's blackout.
    And you have a 2 direction's, thinking that Magneto can't recover Earth's magnetic field (because of Wolverine's attack):
    1- fix the world with time travel
    2- more stressfull relationship to human and mutants and direction to AoA.

I think the another soluction is to easy to complex situation.
    Rogue wll fix magnetic field.