View Poll Results: Which MU villain team should the X-Teams face this new era?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Bulldozer I, Bulldozer II, Piledriver and Thunderball)

0 0%
  • Black Order (Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Ebony Maw, Proxima Midnight, Supergiant and Black Swan)

5 11.63%
  • Zodiac (updated versions of Taurus, Aquarius, Aries, Cancer, Gemini and others)

3 6.98%
  • Squadron Sinister (Doctor Spectrum, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess and Whizzer)

10 23.26%
  • U-Foes (Ironclad, Vapor, Vector and X-Ray)

2 4.65%
  • Serpent Society/ Squad (Black Mamba, Cobra, Puff Adder, Asp, Rattler and more)

5 11.63%
  • Hencemen (Eel, Plantman, Porcupine, Scarecrow and Unicorn)

0 0%
  • Masters of Evil I (Baron Zemo, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Songbird, MACH-IV and Fixer)

1 2.33%
  • Masters of Evil II (Absorbing Man, Tiger Shark, Blackout, Mister Hyde, Titania and Whirlwind)

1 2.33%
  • Ani-Men (Dragonfly, Komodo, Gort, Cat-Man, Frog-Man, Rabbit woman, Bird-Man)

0 0%
  • Sinister Six (Electro, Kravel, Doc Ock, Sandman, Vulture and Rhino)

0 0%
  • Ten Rings (Razor Fist, Death-Dealer, Midnight Fire, Mandarin, added with extra females)

2 4.65%
  • Hydra (Baron Helmut Zemo, Arnim Zola, Viper, Red Skull, Silvermane)

7 16.28%
  • Femizones (Superia, Quicksand, White-out, Gypsy Moth, Moonstone, Pink Pearl and more)

3 6.98%
  • Other: .......

4 9.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Technet, the Multidimensional Mercenaries!

Attachment 139461
    Someone did not get the purpose of this thread, lol
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Art imitates life.

It was snarkily said in the GURPS rules that the 'etiquette' skill had the counter-intuitive role of being used also to provoke a rival so subtly as to cause them to violently overreact in a situation where doing so could get them killed, while creating the illusion that you are blameless and 'the victim' of the person you provoked. (Provoking them in such a way as to cause them to draw steel on you in the presence of a superior, causing *them* to be punished for aggressive behavior, for example.)
    I mean... I've seen people do that IRL. Goading others into losing their cool.

Korvac - he tries to highjack the powers of a reality warpers inorder to bring about his idea of universal Utopia.
    Hydra - the X-Men learn about their baby stealing program. (In Spider-woman it's been revealed that Hydra adducts super-powered children, brainwashs them and erase all trace of their existence from the world. Naturally mutant kids would be a prime target for this program.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Korvac - he tries to highjack the powers of a reality warpers inorder to bring about his idea of universal Utopia.
    Hydra - the X-Men learn about their baby stealing program. (In Spider-woman it's been revealed that Hydra adducts super-powered children, brainwashs them and erase all trace of their existence from the world. Naturally mutant kids would be a prime target for this program.
    Could the project that changed the Inferno babies be part of Hydra?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sometimes, the X-Men fight non-X villains, like in the past they fought against the Ani-Men, Serpent Squad, Batroc and more.

wouldn’t be mad if you redid all those polls you use to do. the results will prob be different in 2024
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

No that was pure US military, with possible connections to Weapon Plus or Weapon X.
    Immortal in the Force.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

No that was pure US military, with possible connections to Weapon Plus or Weapon X.
    Wouldn't necessarily stop somebody involved in that project from bringing its resources and connections to HYDRA, though. Beyond that, HYDRA stealing the young children of superpowered individuals to repurpose them into agents would be something I'd also expect to see cross into X-Men, with HYDRA targeting mutant children for that program.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Grim Reaper - he hated mutants, A.I. and black people. Which is weird cause he used to date Nekra (a African, albino mutant) and his best friend is Man-Ape. Nekra used magic to resurrect him as a serial killer zombie (he has kill people to stay alive).
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The High Evolutionary has had dealings with the X-Men before, if I recall right. Would be interesting to see him go up against Sinister.
    Yeah, they've already had an encounter. Here's proof...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-18-2024 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The High Evolutionary has had dealings with the X-Men before, if I recall right. Would be interesting to see him go up against Sinister.
    Someone did not get the purpose of this thread, lol
    "Who would you like the new teams to fight against who are not usual X-villains?"

Granted, the Technet are firmly in the X-verse via multiple appearances with CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND EXCALIBUR, the poll doesn't indicate that the villain has to be someone the X-MEN have NEVER dealt with before.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

The Beyond Corp.
    They should do a meta story revealing how Mojo conspired with the Beyonders to keep the iconic X-Men alive by sacrificing young mutants.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah, they've already had an encounter. Here's proof...

Oh, thanks for sharing. I'd even throw in the Jackal, who did raid Sinister's labs and had something of a rivalry with the High Evolutionary in his backstory, as well as arguably invented a more flawed precursor to the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols, which he could sell to humanity to give them a form of "immortality" in competition with mutants and perhaps gain a form of amnesty for his past heinousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The Beyond Corp.
    They should do a meta story revealing how Mojo conspired with the Beyonders to keep the iconic X-Men alive by sacrificing young mutants.
    It would be great commentary on or a great allegory for how the Academy X generation and other potentially great younger generations of mutant heroes got shafted by Marvel editorial.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You know... had another think and... give Alistair Smythe a pile of "junk" Sentinels and time to work.

Yeah... Spider-man villain whose made gimmick is building combat robots.

Ultimate Member

Grim Reaper - he hated mutants, A.I. and black people. Which is weird cause he used to date Nekra (a African, albino mutant) and his best friend is Man-Ape. Nekra used magic to resurrect him as a serial killer zombie (he has kill people to stay alive).
    I like the idea of Grim Reaper becoming some sort of outraged avatar of death (in his own mind, the actual Death could give a hoot about his nonsense...) out to kill mutants for the 'crime' of resurrection and 'cheating death' (specifically targeting mutants who had been resurrected, but with extra animus towards the Five themselves). Nekra, obviously, would be the tip of the spear fighting back against him. Ex-fight!

Grim Reaper did just appear in the current Cable series, so we can tick that box.