Page 371 of 394 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 5903
    Fantastic Member

Well, what will we have to talk about episode 10? The series will be over till next year. It's been interesting how X Men 97 resurrected a great many feelings and opinions about old subplots that hasn't been this discussed in years. It's been an interesting two months.

--jthree

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe Rogue and Roberto will get back to Earth after this arc is done.

Avalon had a small mutant community that already lived there and good enough technology to keep Magneto alive after he was mind wiped, so Colossus decision to stay to take care of Magneto made sense given he felt guilty for helping the X-men to get inside the station but in this series Asteroid M only has them two, it doesnīt look like it can sustain life for longer than whatīs absolutely neccesary and thereīs no one left besides Magneto living there, if he ends up in a coma just like in the comics, thatīs not the best place to leave him so I could see the X-men taking Magneto with them at the end right along with Wolverine.

Apocalypse has been teased to be around in the intros so I could see him bringing Gambit back to life and make him and Wolverine part of his four horsemen,this way Logan can get back his adamantium, just like he did in comics and then they can do the AoA TAS version, after all while they are remaking the comics arcs they are not doing them in the same order.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-12-2024 at 05:55 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I believe Rogue and Roberto will get back to Earth after this arc is done.

Avalon had a small mutant community that already lived there and good enough technology to keep Magneto alive after he was mind wiped, so Colossus decision to stay to take care of Magneto made sense given he felt guilty for helping the X-men to get inside the station but in this series Asteroid M only has them two, it doesnīt look like it can sustain life for longer than whatīs absolutely neccesary and thereīs no one left besides Magneto living there, if he ends up in a coma just like in the comics, thatīs not the best place to leave him so I could see the X-men taking Magneto with them at the end right along with Wolverine.

Apocalypse has been teased to be around in the intros so I could see him bringing Gambit back to life and make him and Wolverine part of his four horsemen,this way Logan can get back his adamantium, just like he did in comics and then they can do the AoA TAS version, after all while they are remaking the comics arcs they are not doing them in the same order.
    Well, in TAS Asteroid M had full facilities for a working space station.

Hard to say how much of it still works though....
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-12-2024 at 06:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed but Magneto just pulled it out of the sea, I donīt think a lot of it is working properly. If this happened some time later then I could see it but right now it would be too forced to expect it to work well.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Well, what will we have to talk about episode 10? The series will be over till next year. It's been interesting how X Men 97 resurrected a great many feelings and opinions about old subplots that hasn't been this discussed in years. It's been an interesting two months.

--jthree
    I'm impressed how its brought the X-Men back to prominence.

Its also massively more well received than the last bunch of major Marvel projects. I think the only thing made this well liked in recent years was Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and the latest Insomniac Spidey game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but Magneto just pulled it out of the sea, I donīt think a lot of it is working properly. If this happened some time later then I could see it but right now it would be too forced to expect it to work well.
    Yeah, it's obviously damaged, the question is how much. We know Francisco Milan helped build it... and... if it's like the comics... it's made out of tech most people don't know exists. It certainly looks like something you'd see in Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Probably counts more toward fan-art but my god this looks awesome also the seems like this person might be a professional animator
    https://twitter.com/JoeyVazquezart/s...59805445677480

The team vs the Tri-Sentinel pt 2 when?
    this is what we need to see in Live-action! MCU X-Men vs. Sentinels should kick-off the new era in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    At the same time, I have a feeling that both Rogue AND Sunspot won't come back to the X-Men. Having both defect but immediately return to the team after what happens to Logan makes me think that at least one will stick around with Magneto.
    If Roberto stays with Magneto, there's an opening for Synch and Monet to join the school and form the Gen X triangle with Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If Roberto stays with Magneto, there's an opening for Synch and Monet to join the school and form the Gen X triangle with Jubilee.
    One of my biggest complaints is not enough characters. I mean... they did an Avalon/Asteroid M story... with no Acolytes....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, it's obviously damaged, the question is how much. We know Francisco Milan helped build it... and... if it's like the comics... it's made out of tech most people don't know exists. It certainly looks like something you'd see in Star Trek.
    Both in science and super hero fiction technologies and space ships can vary between blowing up the moment someone looks at it funny and being insanely robust, depending on how much the plot requires them.

With space ships in particular some writers might lean into taking inspiration from the real world and how often sunken sea ships could be raised and made seaworthy again. Though recovering a derelict ship or other kind of abandoned vehicle seldomly has it in pristine condition.

Hence the typical scene where the chief engineer list off all the problems.

"Well captain. We have 2 out of 6 engines working. Only 4 out of 20 decks have atmosphere. Half of the cargo bays are missing or exposed to space. The main reactor is offline. The reserve generators are running on overdrive and fumes. The AI core is locked in a logic loop, caused by an angry toaser. The toaster managed to achieve sentience and refuses to tell me what it did to the AI core. The artifical gravity works only via dark prayers and to spite me. The hydroponic gardens are overgrown with something that might have been the gardener at some point or at least believes itself to have been him. In short. We might make it for another 72 hours before this whole hulk comes crashing down again."

"How fast can we make it ready to house 16 million people for an uncertain amount of time?"

So it depends on how robust the writers are allowing Asteroid M to be.

But then again it might fit the story for Magneto to be dellusional or not all there and the whole thing would have doomed everyone including the mutants he would have brought on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Oh how I would LOVE to see some Generation X action next season!
    Maybe the majority of the "senior" X-Men leave the Mansion (since its all 'sploded) and take time for themselves.
    And when they return, they come to find the Mansion fully restored thanks to the combine wealth/resources of Xavier and Emma Frost, who as part of the deal has secured herself a teaching position with new students!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh how I would LOVE to see some Generation X action next season!
    Maybe the majority of the "senior" X-Men leave the Mansion (since its all 'sploded) and take time for themselves.
    And when they return, they come to find the Mansion fully restored thanks to the combine wealth/resources of Xavier and Emma Frost, who as part of the deal has secured herself a teaching position with new students!
    I'd hate to see Emma lead Generation X without Banshee. He was the perfect contrast to her less ethical ways.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I guess spring of 2025 would be too soon. Fall/Winter of 2025 is a little late for my taste but it is what it is.

I think this show can get away with covering aspects of the Legacy Virus that the original show definitely could not from being screened on network television. Moreso than Colossus, I feel the show would definitely want to kill off some characters to showcase how deadly the virus really is. The comics used Illyana and Kwannon as contractors of the virus. I'm not sure who the show would use especially after so many of the expendable mutants were already killed off in Genosha.

Based on the long-term AOA plan, now I'm even wondering if Gambit's resurrection will be immediate or not. Maybe they'll keep him dead for some time, at least a season, and only bring him back whenever they get to AOA or their Apocalypse plot. I really hope not because I really was thinking he'd be back by the end of this season. I think they'll utilize multiple Apocalypse plotlines for the Horsemen. Like Wolverine will probably get his adamantium back from becoming a horseman like in The Twelve storyline. That was a major 90s storyline which hasn't been covered yet and I haven't seen any Sentinels identify any of the X-Men as part of The Twelve since that was how we first heard about it in the original comics.

At the same time, I have a feeling that both Rogue AND Sunspot won't come back to the X-Men. Having both defect but immediately return to the team after what happens to Logan makes me think that at least one will stick around with Magneto.
    Yea, was hoping a bit quicker given how far along they seemed but oh well.

I like the idea of the Legacy Virus but the writers need to be careful not to do what Bastion mentioned, overload the emotional bandwidth of the audience so we get desensitized to genocide with X-Men. It's something the comics also overuse and why perhaps people have a hard time letting go of Krakoa, doom n gloom needs to be balanced with lighter moments. If there is death, it needs an emotional connection that feels organic and built up. That's hard to do with only 10 eps...

Hopefully we'll get some answers on that next episode. Honestly I was never a big fan of AOA, I don't mind Apocalypse but I don't want to spend more time in dystopian futures when the X-Men have much better stories. If we do Apocalypse, I rather the horsemen interact with the cast in the present time.

I don't think either will stay with Magneto, not if they want to move with Onslaught. That said, I could see one of them taking a break from the X-Men ala Storm, like with Rogue's 90s roadtrip. (thus Bobby!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd hate to see Emma lead Generation X without Banshee. He was the perfect contrast to her less ethical ways.
    Nightcrawler can be used instead. But I doubt Emma will be a series regular or even semi-regular in a DeMayo script.

One thing I noticed with Nightcrawler, Cable and Forge joining the cast. Were they brought in to form the other 90's X-Teams?

Nightcrawler - Excalibur
    Cable - X-Force (with Sunspot)
    Forge - Already leads X-Factor