Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Anyone remember __________?

A thread to present an old tv show or movie that you’ve never seen anyone talk about online or irl. Did it even really exist?

Of course it did but does anyone remember it!

IT’S YOUR MOVE was a one season wonder starring some kid named Jason Bateman as little con artist, and David Garrison (pre Married w. Children Steve Rhodes) as the equally conniving guy who started dating Jason’s mom.

It only lasted one season, and ended on a cliffhanger!
    So, anyone remember IT’S YOUR MOVE?

^^^No? Just me? Kinda figured.

HARDBALL was an eighties buddy cop show of the mismatched older guy young hotshot variety.

It starred John Ashton (Taggart from Beverly Hills Cop) and Richard Tyson (the villain in Kindergarten Cop).

It’s main claim to fame was the show’s theme song, performed by Eddie Money.

Syfy's Alphas

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^No? Just me? Kinda figured.
    Oh, I loved that show - Bateman and that guy were brutal to each other with their schemes. It was awesome. I did completely forget there was a sister though - she must've been a non-entity.

How about "Masquerade?" Greg Evigan and Kirstie Alley (w Rod Taylor) in a "Mission: Impossible" type show, but they recruit regular citizens on spy missions because they have particular skills that they can use for their espionage. Honestly, the only reason I remembered it was because of Alley:

(Love seeing the first "apple phone" in the opening ... and 1:40 for a tv show opening seems soooooo long now!)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-11-2024 at 08:33 PM.

There was an 80's kind of STAND BY ME-esque film called RUSSKIES about a bunch of kids who befriend and try to help a Russian sailor who becomes stuck in America during a mission.

Featured Whip Hubley (Who was in Top Gun as Hollywood) but also Joaquin Phoenix and post-CHRISTMAS STORY Peter Billingsley.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Terriers (2010)

Incredible Member

A thread to present an old tv show or movie that you’ve never seen anyone talk about online or irl. Did it even really exist?

Of course it did but does anyone remember it!

IT’S YOUR MOVE was a one season wonder starring some kid named Jason Bateman as little con artist, and David Garrison (pre Married w. Children Steve Rhodes) as the equally conniving guy who started dating Jason’s mom.

It only lasted one season, and ended on a cliffhanger!
    So, anyone remember IT’S YOUR MOVE?
    Yep I remember that show I used to watch it too for some reason Jason Bateman as a child seemed to play the same smart ass kid both here and on Silver Spoons, for awhile Crackle had some episodes don't know it they have it still.

From TechTV,

Viper's Creed

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    [l
    Syfy's Alphas
    ^^^REALLY liked that show!
    I remember wanting a LIBRARIANS crossover so Jake…

…and Cassandra could team up and use their abilities in tandem!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Oh, I loved that show - Bateman and that guy were brutal to each other with their schemes. It was awesome. I did completely forget there was a sister though - she must've been a non-entity.

How about "Masquerade?" Greg Evigan and Kirstie Alley (w Rod Taylor) in a "Mission: Impossible" type show, but they recruit regular citizens on spy missions because they have particular skills that they can use for their espionage. Honestly, the only reason I remembered it was because of Alley:

(Love seeing the first "apple phone" in the opening ... and 1:40 for a tv show opening seems soooooo long now!)
    I remember Masquerade. Good concept whose time had passed. IIRC, Mission: Impossible was originally intended to feature more guests selected for the team during the dossier scene of each episode with recurring , rather than constant, supporting cast. Not sure why they dropped that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was an 80's kind of STAND BY ME-esque film called RUSSKIES about a bunch of kids who befriend and try to help a Russian sailor who becomes stuck in America during a mission.

Featured Whip Hubley (Who was in Top Gun as Hollywood) but also Joaquin Phoenix and post-CHRISTMAS STORY Peter Billingsley.
    ^^^This sounds so familiar! I wanna say I saw this once.

^^^REALLY liked that show!
    I remember wanting a LIBRARIANS crossover so Jake…

…and Cassandra could team up and use their abilities in tandem!
    That sounds fun.

Darkroom always gave me the creeps just by watching the intro. Seeing the lightbulb even freaked me out...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."