Page 113 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2401
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i’m intrigued by storm joining the avengers, but i’m wondering if there’s a membership shuffle coming.

Why would it be any problems
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The solar winds are not faster than light. Lightning itself is not lightspeed, as its a cascade of electrons moving through the air, and the resistance slows it down. Storm doesn't need to be a lightspeeder. Approaching half lightspeed would be plenty, and would still allow her to travel from planet to planet in the inner solar system within minutes. Earth is about 8 lightminutes from the sun, so at half lightspeed, it would take her about 16 minutes to fly to the sun from earth, for example.

Again you misread what I said. I stated the solar winds that Storm used on a sentinel were FTL. It takes light 1 second to reach from Earth to the moon. The very solar winds Storm was using to fly on blasted that sentinel from Earth to Deep space which is more than the distance of Earth and the moon. Like I said before lighting has no definite speed. Nowhere did I state lightning is light speed only the flash. The bolt itself can range anywhere between Mach 100 to relativistic speed.
    The editor stated she was approaching light speed off a solar tempest which is still massively faster than Solar winds which are massively hypersonic moving at 1M miles per hour. The editor basically contradicted himself.
    Last edited by KLY360; 05-13-2024 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I think we have our Storm writer:

Attachment 139486
    Bring it on!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Bring it on!
    The art doesn’t excite me. I don’t know anything about this writer. Was hoping for an Immortal Storm by Ewing and Alex Ross on covers.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Hopefully the writer is a person of color.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Why would it be any problems
    thor might get jealous.����*♂️

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Hopefully the writer is a person of color.

It is, they also did some black panther comics as well
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    thor might get jealous.����*♂️
    lol an even more interesting read
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Mark Guggenheim and Greg Land
    K1mv6x.jpg

The devil is a...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies. They heard. They listened.

I wonder if Dotun Akande will be his artist. He is pretty damn good but also very different from what other Marvel artists are doing. And I like and appreciate that. If yes, it will be very stylised and perhaps polarising but certainly engaging.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I need storm in all adaptations to stop being shown moving slow as molasses. I'm talking specifically now to video games. The last few ones I've seen are awful, including the most recent marvel rivals. This idea of storm being slow to use her powers, slow to fly, etc., is why some including myself was hopeful she was moving ftl because why not ? Fans of hers know the potential that is there we just need folks to start consistently showing her as such because marvel rivals, marvel future revolution, marvel future fight all show her being squishy, slow af even though her bio describes her in a way completely opposite of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

I want to see her purple Goddess powers make a return!
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I need storm in all adaptations to stop being shown moving slow as molasses. I'm talking specifically now to video games. The last few ones I've seen are awful, including the most recent marvel rivals. This idea of storm being slow to use her powers, slow to fly, etc., is why some including myself was hopeful she was moving ftl because why not ? Fans of hers know the potential that is there we just need folks to start consistently showing her as such because marvel rivals, marvel future revolution, marvel future fight all show her being squishy, slow af even though her bio describes her in a way completely opposite of this.
    Yeah, In the gameplay shown of her, her Kit is somewhat reminiscent of Lucio from Overwatch, She can speed herself and her allies with Wind or Increase damage with thunder, out of all of the character playthroughs her kit is lackluster to say the least, though plays say she's fun,

Her kit needs to be expanded and made less redundant, her two abilities are basically the same thing but one is for allies and the other for herself, they need to make that one ability or a passive, which builds up her speed the longer she's moving, and damage for every foe she eliminates or assist

and give her another power, an ice barrage that rains from above, or a mist of electric Clouds causing chipping damage the longer the foe is in it which is also blinding,

but this is the beta, it won't be till near the end of the year or even longer till this game is fully out, and if this game is anything like Overwatch, Reworks will be coming, Symmetra and Orisa are prime examples of that

"Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I mean she could ride the suns big A magnetic field across the solar system at light speed while being protected by it but her brain would need a monumental leap in processing speed to keep up with what's going on. Honestly I know this horse has been beat to oblivion but a simple pressure or em shield could end the glass canon debates... if her pressure is strong enough to harm and briefly bind Odin Force Thor baby 9/10 ain't touching her.

oh and Storm in Marvel Rivals is fairly aligned in terms of the comics, I've heard her speak about being a regent, and Krakoa in voice interaction, so we may just get her Gala outfit when the game fully releases, among her current look, and her early Krakoa/Red outfit

"Goddess be Praised"