Page 2476 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 147619762376242624662472247324742475247624772478247924802486 ... LastLast
Results 37,126 to 37,140 of 37314
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Reminds me that Jackie Chan films where the mooks...Are basically the kind of people who could honestly kick your ass easily and give protagonists one hell of a fight are something truly special.

Police Story where is Jackie is the better fighter yet the guys he fought were pretty ruthless and numerous comes to mind. Or any film where Benny the Jet is the main enforcer for the villains...God he was awesome

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Reminds me that Jackie Chan films where the mooks...Are basically the kind of people who could honestly kick your ass easily and give protagonists one hell of a fight are something truly special.

Police Story where is Jackie is the better fighter yet the guys he fought were pretty ruthless and numerous comes to mind. Or any film where Benny the Jet is the main enforcer for the villains...God he was awesome
    Yeah, the first Police Story was awesome. Wheels on Meals with Benny...the final fight scene with him and Jackie rocked pretty hard.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, the first Police Story was awesome. Wheels on Meals with Benny...the final fight scene with him and Jackie rocked pretty hard.
    Ohhhhh yes. The kick that snuffed out the candles without even touching them? Just too sweet. Dragons Forever was cool too...But that really must've hurt, bad, for everyone getting flung around bouncing off stuff like ping pongs.

You didn't KNOW about Rothrock? O_o She of the loud ki-yaps and 'over-the-head' kick?

Kids these days....

Check out Yes, Madame. Got another name in there you likely DO recognize. ^_^
    Heh, I definitely trend newer/have holes in my knowledge for classic MA movies I admit. Yes Madame did seem to be the next logical step from the little I'd scanned of her work, so it's on the list!

Indeed, although with Cynthia in this film she's basically the secondary protagonist tbh. In so far as there are "main" protagonists in this movie, the line kind of gets muddled after a while as everyone just kind of fades into each other lol

In terms of mooks being hardcore, I still hold up The Raid films as one where everyone feels like they were a step away from just being the protagonist/antagonist of their own movie in terms of martial ability/grit. It's something I noticed the distinct lack of when going to the film that is closest to them in terms of actors/action, The Night Comes For Us, because in that film the mooks are generally just mooks.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Yeah, gotta keep up the appreciation here for such films.

Ohhhhh yes. The kick that snuffed out the candles without even touching them? Just too sweet. Dragons Forever was cool too...But that really must've hurt, bad, for everyone getting flung around bouncing off stuff like ping pongs.
    Lots of good stuff, there. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Heh, I definitely trend newer/have holes in my knowledge for classic MA movies I admit. Yes Madame did seem to be the next logical step from the little I'd scanned of her work, so it's on the list!

Indeed, although with Cynthia in this film she's basically the secondary protagonist tbh. In so far as there are "main" protagonists in this movie, the line kind of gets muddled after a while as everyone just kind of fades into each other lol

In terms of mooks being hardcore, I still hold up The Raid films as one where everyone feels like they were a step away from just being the protagonist/antagonist of their own movie in terms of martial ability/grit. It's something I noticed the distinct lack of when going to the film that is closest to them in terms of actors/action, The Night Comes For Us, because in that film the mooks are generally just mooks.
    Valid point with The Raid. It's always better when they don't get one-shot. Another thing I've never liked about Tony Jaa's stuff.

Which is funny, because...there's a Thai movie named Chocolate (Jaa was involved with it, that's the funny part) - it's not the most awesome, but it's fun and some of the stuff is good to watch - about an autistic martial arts savant. There's some pretty good fight sequences, but some of the best sequences are the central character against a dude myself and Wavemaninawe refer to as 'Checkered Bandana Dude'.

Checkered Bandana Dude (3:00 minutes in for a glimpse at him) is just some guy sitting around with other bad mooks. He doesn't get a name. He's nobody special, as far as we can tell.

But for the last, super-long fight situation of the movie, THIS guy - not the main villains, not the special people they pull out to fight the central character, NOBODY else - takes everything the central character dishes out and just keeps. Coming. Back. He get shot - right during their first fight - and beat up by her, but he does okay. She moves through the long fight and he keeps coming back. He comes back again, and again, and again, consistently giving her a good fight while she fights all of these other people, getting taken out of the action somehow (like, really painfully), then popping up again. Like, three or four times, I can't remember, to the point that Wavemaninawe and I - watching it together, he visited - were HOWLING laughing with delight when the guy would 'Raaaaah!' jump out of nowhere and start fighting her again.

Dude was simply awesome.

Yeah, gotta keep up the appreciation here for such films.
    Good stuff, that movie. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Dandadan: I swear, Tatsu never misses when it comes to battle choreography. And we have more context regarding Zuma's hesitation and seeming recognition when he saw the police officer two chapters ago.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i cosign to all of this. benny is so damn underrated and him and jackie have had some classics. (the aforementioned wheels on meals fight).

his fight with john cusack in "groose pointe blank" is pretty solid too. not as flashy or as long as his fights with jackie but i do enjoy how sudden and gritty it is.

it always people to know that cusack had them hands.

Yeah, that’s another good fight, and I have a vague memory and want to say that Benny the Jet actually trained Cusack.

*checks*

Apparently for more than 20 years!
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Yeah, that’s another good fight, and I have a vague memory and want to say that Benny the Jet actually trained Cusack.

*checks*

Apparently for more than 20 years!
    damn. didn't know benny trained him. i knew ol' JC was highly trained and all but didn't know he got training from the jet. makes me respect him all the more.

and that fight was ahead of its time. that movie came out in the 90s and its doing a style of fighting that we wouldn't see until the bourne and wick movies.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Lemme show off some art again.

Power Paintress
    Fangs
    Blue Daisy Battle Pose

There's more, more random sketches, scroll through at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i cosign to all of this. benny is so damn underrated and him and jackie have had some classics. (the aforementioned wheels on meals fight).

his fight with john cusack in "groose pointe blank" is pretty solid too. not as flashy or as long as his fights with jackie but i do enjoy how sudden and gritty it is.

it always people to know that cusack had them hands.
    Very nice.

Well, watched a bit of Wind Breaker, it's something.

Narrative so far is pretty much standard delinquent stuff but yeah, fights are quite something.

*...sorta takes notes*

When I first started watching T.P Bon I thought it was just going to be a family friendly anime that involved time travel, but nope. Right off the bat things get dark. In the just the first half of the first episode the main character accidentally pushes his friend off a balcony and his friend cracks his head on the pavement, and dies blood oozing from his head. Time gets reverse, but the main character still remembers accidentally killing his friend.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Lemme show off some art again.

Power Paintress
    Fangs
    Blue Daisy Battle Pose

There's more, more random sketches, scroll through at your leisure.
    Better than anything I could ever do. Still needs work but not too bad. Blue Daisy came out oretty good.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.