Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wolverine and Namor make no sense because they've already been Avengers. Wolverine was one of the main faces of the Avengers for most of the 21st century and the Avengers is more Namor's home than the X-Men have ever been. Wolverine will likely be saved for when Secret Wars comes out so they can synergize with him on the Avengers again.

It's definitely a new character. Colossus would be an interesting choice but he's one of those characters who feels so random because he's never had any connections to the larger MU outside of the X-Men. I'm very curious how he would work on a team with pretty much all strangers. Characters like Iceman and Polaris have more connections to draw from.
    Polaris on the Avengers makes sense because Mackay is writing his Father on his X-Men book. That can connect the two books

Namor is the first one I thought of, but he’s already an Avenger… (Once an Avenger, etc etc.)

Synch was the next one I thought of, and I think that would be cool..

Did anyone from Marvel say it was going to be someone who hasn't been on the team before?

It be cool if it was a X-Character who has never been on the group but also be cool if was someone who has or Storm who only appeared on the team in like a issue or two
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-13-2024 at 06:48 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Did anyone from Marvel say it was going to be someone who hasn't been on the team before?

It be cool if it was a X-Character who has never been on the group but also be cool if was someone who hasn't or Storm who only appeared on the team in like a issue or two
    People are just inferring that from the teaser. To them it would not be a big moment for someone to rejoin the team, but to Marvel this is a new Avengers team, a new era, and a long time since any X-Men member has joined the main Avengers roster so I would not rule out anyone. I also don't 'believe' Marvel hype so my expectations are pretty open.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Jed Mccay made the Joke on Twitter showing the new member as Doop
    Jesus Christ.

Comics in 2024 are full of talentless idiots with shit patter.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Comics in 2024 are full of talentless idiots with shit patter.
    He's joking and Mackay is one the best Marvel writers right now, and the best one working on the upcoming X-Men Relaunch

Spectacular Member

Could it be Scarlet Witch? (Sorry if someone already suggested that.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Could it be Scarlet Witch? (Sorry if someone already suggested that.)
    She is not an X-Man character, thankfully. She's always been better off not being affiliated with this side of the MU.

And she's already on the team.

Spectacular Member

She is not an X-Man character, thankfully. She's always been better off not being affiliated with this side of the MU.

And she's already on the team.
    The thing on the first post says Earth's Mightiest Mutant, not an X-Men character. The From the Ashes thing could refer to her regaining her mutant status.

I thought Scarlet Witch was already on the team in the last couple of runs?

I'd dipped out of the Avengers titles right around the 2nd Civil War so I'm just basing that off feature art
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Doesn't relying on those powers age him considerably? He'd only be able to bust those out during serious situations. But I haven't been keeping up with Duggan, so I'm not aware if things have changed.
    That hasnt mattered. He still uses random powers like its candy

I'd dipped out of the Avengers titles right around the 2nd Civil War so I'm just basing that off feature art
    She is on the team

Last edited by Havok83; 05-13-2024 at 06:55 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Who thinks any Avengers reader who did not grow up reading Generation X and for some reason have a soft spot for Synch is going to like a character that does everything all the "Mightiest Heroes" can do and do it better?

I can't predict just how serious they are with this announcement. Like several might-actually-be-mutant characters are already on the Avengers and they are already quietly adding a second team of bench warmers that maybe will get their own title? If they want to advertise some big addition of an "X-Men" character, or any character, it has got to be an A list or very close character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Doubt it. I dont know but i bet it will be someone new hasnt been a member before and someone that doesnt have a home elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wolvie already has an Avengers member card. Presumably this is someone who doesn't.
    Wolverine and Namor make no sense because they've already been Avengers. Wolverine was one of the main faces of the Avengers for most of the 21st century and the Avengers is more Namor's home than the X-Men have ever been. Wolverine will likely be saved for when Secret Wars comes out so they can synergize with him on the Avengers again.

It's definitely a new character. Colossus would be an interesting choice but he's one of those characters who feels so random because he's never had any connections to the larger MU outside of the X-Men. I'm very curious how he would work on a team with pretty much all strangers. Characters like Iceman and Polaris have more connections to draw from.

It be cool if it was a X-Character who has never been on the group but also be cool if was someone who has or Storm who only appeared on the team in like a issue or two
    We are getting Wolverine in his classic COSTUME in live action, do people really think that the Disney Corporation is not going to try to capitalize on that; especially after Brevoort said Krakoa had to end because the X-Line is now going to be very important to the studio?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tom-...udio-concerns/

I know we comic dorks love huffing that copium, but this ain't it.

Yeah, Scarlet Witch is already part of the team in MacKay's run. Hope it's Namor or Iceman!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    We are getting Wolverine in his classic COSTUME in live action, do people really think that the Disney Corporation is not going to try to capitalize on that; especially after Brevoort said Krakoa had to end because the X-Line is now going to be very important to the studio?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tom-...udio-concerns/

I know we comic dorks love huffing that copium, but this ain't it.
    And why does that mean he needs to be in the Avengers? This isnt 2016. The Avengers popularity peaked and Marvel has been working to build the X-men brand back up and he being a mmber of one of its team helps do that

BANNED

Wolverine rejoining the Avengers is more a matter of when than if. But I see it being more likely in the lead-up to Secret Wars, not Deadpool & Wolverine.