Page 375 of 394 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5903
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The early shows did really well like WandaVision and FatWS (even though I thought the latter was horrible but I did watch it based on goodwill towards WandaVision). I'm not sure how many of them have had any pop culture impact besides WandaVision. That's also the only one which had significant links to the movies with MoM. FatWS will with Brave New World but already people are predicting that'll be a major flop like The Marvels, if not even worse. I don't see a Captain America without Steve doing well, especially since almost everyone is unanimous that the MCU Falcon is super lackluster.

The issue became from so many shows existing with audiences feeling they have to do homework to be able to follow the movies. The Marvels had 2/3 leads based on the shows. No one watched WandaVision for Monica and nobody watched Ms. Marvel in general. Which is why I think it's bizarre to see X-Fans thinking it's such a big boost for the X-Men to have Ms. Marvel when all this proves is that she's tainted goods and has no selling power outside the comics (if even there). She's in the lowest watched Disney+ show, the biggest movie disaster of all time, and a video game disaster to boot.
    Ms. Marvel is a flop of a character. But I think she was originally intended to be a mutant.
    I only watched FatWS to see that Zemo dance scene lol

Spectacular Member

I'd really like the school to be a full school with all kinds of kids there from New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men, Jean Grey School, etc. eras all attending, and having random displays of powers and/or personality. Then, like Roberto, some could become prominent as needed. Kind of like how Justice League Unlimited had all these heroes who sometimes had the spotlight, but there was always the core main group. We can have a core team of kids. Wouldn't it be cool to introduce Kitty as a founding New Mutant (the irony)? I know X-Men Evolution had a major school aspect (where they went to multiple schools? Huh?). You could include Spyke among those kids as homage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Ms. Marvel is a flop of a character. But I think she was originally intended to be a mutant.
    I only watched FatWS to see that Zemo dance scene lol
    Didn't she debut when Marvel wasn't allowed to make more mutant characters or did that ban came afterwards?

I watched FatWS for Sharon Carter and Zemo because I like them. I've never had any interest in Falcon or Bucky so this show was mostly a slog for me. I did like US Agent and also the girl who played the terrorist in the show, who was Enfys Nest in Solo. But I think I was in the minority there since most people hated the subplot with her people.

I grew up watching Evolution so I never minded it too much but even back then, they weren't my X-Men. Just a nice alternate take on them but not the real X-Men to me. And I really disliked Evolution Rogue because of how big of a departure she was.

Moon Knight's success was a surprise to me as well. It's the highest ranked show on there I haven't seen and I definitely didn't think it would beat WandaVision.

I haven't seen Ms. Marvel but I heard people say it felt like a Disney Channel show. Something made for kids, like you said, rather than adults.
    Totally agree about Evolution Rogue.

I had really high hopes for Moon Knight (love Oscar Issac), but it really disappointed me. I even know a Moon Knight fan who couldn't even get through the series.

As for Ms Marvel, yeah, it should have been grouped with Disney's kids shows.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Spectacular Member

Ms. Marvel (a great character btw) debuted during the Inhumans promotional era. I don't know if she was intended to be a mutant at her creation, but she is one now.

Didn't she debut when Marvel wasn't allowed to make more mutant characters or did that ban came afterwards?

I watched FatWS for Sharon Carter and Zemo because I like them. I've never had any interest in Falcon or Bucky so this show was mostly a slog for me. I did like US Agent and also the girl who played the terrorist in the show, who was Enfys Nest in Solo. But I think I was in the minority there since most people hated the subplot with her people.
    She came around the same time as ban, but the creators of the character originally intended her to be a mutant instead of an inhuman. God I hated those times... IvX was the last straw for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Totally agree about Evolution Rogue.

I had really high hopes for Moon Knight (love Oscar Issac), but it really disappointed me. I even know a Moon Knight fan who couldn't even get through the series.

As for Ms Marvel, yeah, it should have been grouped with Disney's kids shows.
    Oh wow, I'm surprised to hear the bad reviews. I was thinking about checking it out because I'm also an Oscar Isaac fan. I've heard it was confusing and the finale in particular disappointed but it sounds like the entire show even before the finale doesn't do its job.

Agreed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    She came around the same time as ban, but the creators of the character originally intended her to be a mutant instead of an inhuman. God I hated those times... IvX was the last straw for me.
    Honestly, it doesn't make a difference at this point. I've heard the MCU is already shunting her off to the Marvel Zombies project because they seem to realize that audiences aren't interested in her. Monica's spinoff show has already been cancelled. And I'm curious how much longer they'll make efforts with Carol especially after all the time they've invested in her. Weird how the female characters that the audience actually favors, like Natasha and Wanda, were both killed off, but Carol, who's never taken off with audiences, seems to still be given a big push. As a fan of her from the comics, it's kinda sad to see how badly Carol's been treated.

Honestly, it doesn't make a difference at this point. I've heard the MCU is already shunting her off to the Marvel Zombies project because they seem to realize that audiences aren't interested in her. Monica's spinoff show has already been cancelled. And I'm curious how much longer they'll make efforts with Carol especially after all the time they've invested in her. Weird how the female characters that the audience actually favors, like Natasha and Wanda, were both killed off, but Carol, who's never taken off with audiences, seems to still be given a big push. As a fan of her from the comics, it's kinda sad to see how badly Carol's been treated.
    I love comics Carol. But I have no feelings towards the mcu version. She's just meh there.
    Come to think of it most of my favorite superheroes are actually female lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    I'd really like the school to be a full school with all kinds of kids there from New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men, Jean Grey School, etc. eras all attending, and having random displays of powers and/or personality. Then, like Roberto, some could become prominent as needed. Kind of like how Justice League Unlimited had all these heroes who sometimes had the spotlight, but there was always the core main group. We can have a core team of kids. Wouldn't it be cool to introduce Kitty as a founding New Mutant (the irony)? I know X-Men Evolution had a major school aspect (where they went to multiple schools? Huh?). You could include Spyke among those kids as homage.
    Yeah the school aspect is so weak, the Fox Movies are beating it in that regard.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I've heard the MCU is already shunting her off to the Marvel Zombies project because they seem to realize that audiences aren't interested in her.
    That was in the works before her show and movie flopped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    That was in the works before her show and movie flopped.
    I thought that was already a downgrade for her so I can't imagine what they'll come up with now. It seems like the majority of the new characters they introduced from Phase 4 and 5 will go the way of the Eternals and quietly disappear.

I thought that was already a downgrade for her so I can't imagine what they'll come up with now. It seems like the majority of the new characters they introduced from Phase 4 and 5 will go the way of the Eternals and quietly disappear.
    Good riddance

Astonishing Member

But I'll say this that I enjoy it as an already existing X-Man fan. With how fast the pace is and so many characters and lore, often multiple storylines covered in one episode, I can see how this show would not have much appeal to casual audiences. I don't think I would introduce the X-Men to anyone through this show, whereas the original 90s show was a lot more user-friendly since it was meant for kids on network television. '97, in comparison, clearly caters to a more niche crowd with fans who are already familiar with the X-Men and can more or less follow along.

Even the kids I'm seeing who are watching this show are watching because their parents are already X-Men fans and watching it with them. I don't know if kids with no idea about the X-Men would randomly put this on Disney+ to check it out and stick with it.
    It's true that X-Men 97 isn't an easy entry for new audience, since the story assumes you're already attached to these characters.

However, it's unlikely the numbers will be better even if the story was more friendly with a new audience. In itself, new original animation (especially adult animation) doesn't tend attract a really big amount of audience in streaming.

In Disney+, the really popular animated shows are Bluey, The Simpsons or Family Guy.

'97 is being compared to the other Disney+ animated shows, not the live-action shows. So a lot of people assumed it was a huge hit because it was described that way in the media, but it's only considered a huge hit in the sense that it's doing better than the animated shows mentioned below, minus What If?, which its on par with. And the joke about What If? is that nobody watches it.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-m...rs-1235951732/

That's why you also see some clickbait articles and threads saying X-Men '97 is a huge flop and the worst performing Marvel show on Disney+, moreso than Ms. Marvel...which is technically true but taken out of context.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...7_low_ratings/
    An important thing to mention is animation shows seems to be cheaper to make than live action shows. That's why the requirement to their success is less.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-13-2024 at 09:01 PM.

There was no ban that Marvel couldnt make new mutant characters. when she was created. Kamala got her first full appearance in 2014, 3.5 years after Second Coming concluded and mutant characters were popping Wolverine and the X-men book had existed and created a bunch of new teen mutant characters by the time Kamala entered the scene and Bendis of course was introducing his own in his Uncanny run.