Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    When did the revised version come out? I don't remember it at all.
    Original OHTMU entry for Dani as Psyche was 1983, Volume 2 Mirage update was in 1986

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-27-2024 at 02:19 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Good point. Seems like human allies often end up as causalities that need to be "cashed in" by offing them too.

Will do!

Lookin really good!
    Thanks! I may have a picture of the final version, later. I think it's gonna be cuter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Original OHTMU entry for Dani as Psyche was 1983, Volume 2 Mirage update was in 1986

Odd. I wasn't reading superhero comics in '83, but I was by '86. Maybe I just wasn't reading Marvel at that time...
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Nearly done! Just need to finish the skirt/belt and make her hair.

20240428_202046.jpg

It's based on a pattern by Crocheniacs on YouTube. (Body And head vids.) I made it a bit bigger, mostly because I didn't want to sew the arms on. The pattern's neat because you make the head and body completely separate. Even if I attach them later the head will still turn. I've seen it done with other dolls, but I didn't realize why until now.

20240428_202152.jpg
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Nearly done! Just need to finish the skirt/belt and make her hair.

20240428_202046.jpg

It's based on a pattern by Crocheniacs on YouTube. (Body And head vids.) I made it a bit bigger, mostly because I didn't want to sew the arms on. The pattern's neat because you make the head and body completely separate. Even if I attach them later the head will still turn. I've seen it done with other dolls, but I didn't realize why until now.

20240428_202152.jpg
    That's really freaking cute!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Thank you! I've started the hair, but I don't think I'll get it finished tonight.

I really need to give her a nose, though...
    - Helen Keller

It almost looks like Dani is turning into Man-Thing, which makes sense considering how they both have fear based powers.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    It almost looks like Dani is turning into Man-Thing, which makes sense considering how they both have fear based powers.
    Yeah, that is funny, when you think about it.

Anybody have any ideas for what Dani should be doing in the From the Ashes era? Being field leader of X-Corps, maybe?
    - Helen Keller

This probably has been talked about before, but what are y'all opinion on her power enhancement in the late 80's where she could seemingly created matter using her imagination? I always figured it was just an extension of her illusions made solid by psionic energy instead of creating actual matter. I know they were not popular, but I prefer it over the psi-arrows they gave her in the mid-90s. That was too close to Psylocke's Psi-knife. It really made me think that the 90's artists didn't have the skill or imagination to render illusions - solid or otherwise - so they changed her powers to point and shot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This probably has been talked about before, but what are y'all opinion on her power enhancement in the late 80's where she could seemingly created matter using her imagination? I always figured it was just an extension of her illusions made solid by psionic energy instead of creating actual matter. I know they were not popular, but I prefer it over the psi-arrows they gave her in the mid-90s. That was too close to Psylocke's Psi-knife. It really made me think that the 90's artists didn't have the skill or imagination to render illusions - solid or otherwise - so they changed her powers to point and shot instead.
    Yeah. It was discussed here. Can't recall what everyone's thoughts on it were and I don't think I ever contributed much the topic. ^^; I think she was doing it just before she was written out of New Mutants vol.1 and it didn't come back with her when she returned form Asgard but I'm sure someone can correct me on that.
    ~*Earthbound.

It's annoying that Dani doesn't have a new costume , I think if she gets one it should be yellow and red or even turquoise .

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    It's annoying that Dani doesn't have a new costume , I think if she gets one it should be yellow and red or even turquoise .
    I honestly never gave it a thought until I came to these forums but she really does need her own costume.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I honestly never gave it a thought until I came to these forums but she really does need her own costume.
    Magik and Cannonball are the only ones who now have unique costumes but Magiks the only one that sticks around , with Dani I need a fantasy inspired outfit tbh

Mark Brooks animation style renderings of X-characters reached our fair MOONSTAR...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-13-2024 at 04:52 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

That is sooo cute.

Looks like Dani's going to get a big moment in X-men Unlimited #141.

Screenshot_20240508_201945_Firefox.jpg

I wonder if this leads to her inclusion in Heir of Apocalypse.
    - Helen Keller

Mark Brooks animation style renderings of X-characters reached our fair MOONSTAR...
    That's so freaking good!
    ~*Earthbound.