Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Don't kill me, people, but... with the whole timescale and bla bla, does it even make sense for her to be tied still tied to disco? Shouldn't be updated to pop?
    (Any time I play scenarios with an AU or an update-current-times X-Men, I like to picture her as a Lady Gaga, but any pop star would work).
    That's the thing, she's been updated a lot. She's had practically every hair color and style. She's been punk, she's been goth and modern day pop star, but always reverts to the classic silver suit and mirrored ball aesthetic. It's her most iconic look.

Time teleporting would be a great secondary mutation for her, because then she could stay up to the minute or retro and it really wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's the thing, she's been updated a lot. She's had practically every hair color and style. She's been punk, she's been goth and modern day pop star, but always reverts to the classic silver suit and mirrored ball aesthetic. It's her most iconic look.

Time teleporting would be a great secondary mutation for her, because then she could stay up to the minute or retro and it really wouldn't matter.
    This and retro is a thing. There are plenty of artists that go on tour performing their dated music (by today's standards) from 30-40 years ago bc there is an audience that wants to hear that stuff

Here's hoping they keep the silver suit in play.

From the Ashes has finally won me over, I'll get Storm, Phoenix and Dazzler and wait to see about the rest.

BANNED

The silver suit is my personal favorite and her most iconic. Almost all of her merchandise comes from this look (followed by the Outback X-Men costume) and it's usually what people think of when they think of Dazzler. I imagine if Taylor Swift is playing her, we'll be seeing the silver suit.

Very exciting period for the X-Women between Storm, Phoenix, and Dazzler all getting solos and Rogue leading the flagship X-Men team. With the solo books in particular, it feels like a return to the late 70s/early 80s. It would be kinda fun to see these three books crossover at some point especially since Dazzler is a public celeb which could lead her to Storm and she's gone cosmic when she briefly became Galactus' herald, so she could encounter Phoenix in space.

Mighty Member

Her 80's series was excellent. I can't wait to read this.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Please no short hair Dazzler.
    I loved the short hair look of the Outback and the costumes she wore then a lot. I hate the disco look with the onesie and roller-skates.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    My favorite takes on her were in her short haired eras. Marc Silvestri drew an awesome Dazzler back in the Outback days and then Clay Mann created the awesome Age of X look.
    I’m not against her having long hair, but these two are very iconic to me.

Love this look as well, big time
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Dazzling! Can’t wait to add this to my reading list

Two words.... Jojo. Siwa.

Part of me wants it to happen just to see the world burn

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Don't kill me, people, but... with the whole timescale and bla bla, does it even make sense for her to be tied still tied to disco? Shouldn't be updated to pop?
    (Any time I play scenarios with an AU or an update-current-times X-Men, I like to picture her as a Lady Gaga, but any pop star would work).
    Pop is always going through retro phases, so it's totally believable she had a disco era, just much later in time.

Extraordinary Member

Her disco stuff did not even make sense by the mid 80s, and I cannot recall it ever being important as to what music genres she has ever been doing other than whatever the creative team at the time felt like fit the concept they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Her 80's series was excellent. I can't wait to read this.
    I just thought of something. We don't know a lot about Alison's parents other than the fact her dad was a prominent attorney that wanted her to go to law school instead of becoming a singer. Her mom was a former entertainer that became a frustrated housewife that got divorced and married Lois London's father. Who's to say any of that was true, Mr. Sinister, Selene or someone else could be responsible for Dazzler and Mortis' creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I just thought of something. We don't know a lot about Alison's parents other than the fact her dad was a prominent attorney that wanted her to go to law school instead of becoming a singer. Her mom was a former entertainer that became a frustrated housewife that got divorced and married Lois London's father. Who's to say any of that was true, Mr. Sinister, Selene or someone else could be responsible for Dazzler and Mortis' creation.
    I hope not. I like that she actually came from a normal family

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Please no short hair Dazzler.
    Please!

And don't do the whole depressed grunge/punk rock thing. Let her hair flow free and the sparkles fly.

To those that prefer the long haired version... What looks/eras do you enjoy?
    I can understand the appeal of the classic, but her recent long haired designs (Land, Dodson) have been so generic...