Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1478

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah it’s a little ridiculous, I’m really only here for DC vs Vampires and Green Lantern. Outside of those two the only other character is Deathstroke.
    Did Gargoyle of Gotham and City of Terror sell well? I ask because there’s a couple of these which seem to be an artist writing and drawing and I’m not sure if they’re going to do a good job. I found GoG and CoT to be merely ok and didn’t see them attract a lot of attention. I’m skeptical that Clay Mann can pull off a Batman time travel story for example.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh the reason why was because of Didio’s experience with the New 52. All the comics guys kept trying to bring back old continuity which frustrated Didio because he wanted to do new stuff (hence the mandate that the first arc for every New 52 book had to star a new villain except JL). Tynion talked about trying to bring back old Tim Drake continuity, I’m sure there were others. So for 5G Didio got people outside of comics who probably wouldn’t be as attached to old stuff.
    It's kinda ironic, considering that he was all about Silver Age characters and hated everything that was after, especially legacies.

Her new shirt doesn't feel very in character and I'm worried that Captain Atom will be character assassinated, but the Authority's involvement makes me want to at least give the series a try.

If King can go the full six issues without Atom blowing up, that'll make him one of the best Atom writers ever regardless of what else he does with him lol.

Huh, I remember someone suggested/theorised, that he was going to write Authority screenplay. And now this all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If King can go the full six issues without Atom blowing up, that'll make him one of the best Atom writers ever regardless of what else he does with him lol.
    Yeah I mean can anything really be as bad as Captain Atom becoming Monarch and imprisoning multiverse characters into a slave arena during countdown to final crisis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so do we think this Zero Hour special is an alternate timeline that survived the end of Zero Hour or is this about the version of Parallax from Convergance last seen in Green Arrow?

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/dc...k-exclusive/#1

Didn't know Supergirl ever wore a version of Superman's black suit. And is that Donna in a blue version of her Wonder Girl costume?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not surprised they have King trying to re-introduce Authority characters/concepts before the movie.

I just hope Captain Atom gets out of this mini unscathed.

Fantastic Member

Does DC not have any good villains that they turn their heroes into the antagonists? Can't wait to see King making Captain Atom into a war criminal.

I miss the days when comic books were made by writers who actually liked comic books and the characters in it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The Batman domination
    Every Elseworlds is just Batman but in a different decade lol. DC writers are really brimming with imagination aren't they?

Setting up a new Authority book? Could be cool. Would King actually write that?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm so down for this! Great to have Jenny back.

Wait so I see Batman in the lower left corner and obviously we have Cap Atom but is this actually taking place on Earth 0?

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind OOC Captain Atom in a Black Label book if they actually did something substantial with him in the main continuity to counteract it. Too bad that's not the case.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022