Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah, I'm excited. I suspect I will like this far more than House of the Dragon, partly since Dunk & Egg stories aren't like Fire & Blood, aren't history books filled with uncertainty. And the stories are "smaller," and I think have more potential that way.
    Dunk and Egg have a much stronger "political thriller", mystery thing going on, and the more intimate conflicts have their own appeal.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

New Trailer for HOTD Season 2.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

How are Both sides equally bad when one side literally made a coup to steal the crown while murdering people in the process and the other side is the rightful heir fighting back. I wonder what Rhaenyra should have done according to Condal to be considered as the right side in that story ? give up the throne and be sorry like every good woman should be ? Is it what he is implying by saying that she is equally in the wrong as Aegon or am I mis understating his point ? Because every time I’m reading him talking about the dance it really feels like he’s excusing misogyny and patriarchy.

How many seasons is this how suppose to be? Are they going for 8 like GoT?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I doubt it, I predict 3 seasons for the DoD saga proper. It could stretch to 8 seasons, if they flash forward to Aegon IV+(leading to the first Blackfyre rebellion) but I'd prefer GRRM is done with the second Fire and Blood book before then.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    How are Both sides equally bad when one side literally made a coup to steal the crown while murdering people in the process and the other side is the rightful heir fighting back. I wonder what Rhaenyra should have done according to Condal to be considered as the right side in that story ? give up the throne and be sorry like every good woman should be ? Is it what he is implying by saying that she is equally in the wrong as Aegon or am I mis understating his point ? Because every time I’m reading him talking about the dance it really feels like he’s excusing misogyny and patriarchy.
    Condal is probably trying to communicate that there was no right side of the Dance. Only victims of both Rhaenyra and Aegon II's respective reigns. Watching the behind the scenes at the end of each episode for season 1 and lengths the showrunners went to with regards to sanitize the worst aspects of Rhaenyra (to the point that she nearly lacks agency and comes off as a victim); while also amplifying the worst aspects of Aegon II. When he is barely a character we the audience followed or got to know in season 1. The showrunners are definitely on the side of the Blacks. However, the narrative doesn't fit the one side good, one side bad. It's really comes down to the lesser of two evils.

For those who are familiar with the story and read the book. Then you are aware that some prominent Rhaenyra supporters defect to Aegon after they see how she governs as queen. Of all the great houses we know from GOT and HOTD. Excluding the Martells of Dorne; Aegon II never wins the support of the Starks (Cregan was a friend of Jace), Tullys (the river lords were split, but Tullys picked the Blacks as the war was drawing to a close) and Arryns (Jeyne Arryn is Rhaenyra's cousin and also a woman in power).

The showrunners have said season 2 will focus more on the children of Alicent and Rhaenyra going forward. As they play big parts in the story through the end.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    During season 1, they were hoping for 3 or 4 seasons.

Now that Dunk and Egg is officially a go for airing in 2025. They plan on doing alternating years for seasons of HOTD. With Aegon I's conquest and potentially the Blackfyre rebellion being next for adaptation.

IMO, the story can be wrapped up in 4 seasons. But with them shortening the number of episodes per season from 10 to 8 and, I can see them stretching it to 5 seasons.

I imagine they'll stretch the Hour of the Wolf portion of the Dance to be as long as possible in the last season.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-28-2024 at 10:21 AM.

All-New Member

Season 1 was good. It was not Game of Thrones level but it was still very watchable. I will watch Season 2.

I cannot say the same thing for Ring of Power. The show was boring with bland characters.