Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    But its a lot of worrying and hand-wringing over nothing.

We don't know what they are planning, we don't know what they are going to do. So constantly dreading something horrible is going to happen is just placing unnecessary fears and stress.

Sure Cyclops might not appear in the next movies, but assuming Disney will cast him as a villain is completely ludicrous with no basis in reality.
    It is good to be a cynic. At least you won't be disappointed

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I absolutely love the push female characters are getting in From the Ashes.
    At least it's not Jackpot

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    It might be fine by you, not fine for me as a Cyclops fan.
    That part I can sympathize. I don't dislike Cyclops at all, but I can understand if him and Jean are not used because of the past movies. I could almost say the same for Prof X and Magneto but Prof probably has to be in it.

It's the "probably police" that drives me crazy. "They're probably going to make it all women and all the men are stupid and useless." "They're probably going to make Cyclops a terrorist."

It's always like this on every project now.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Think it will just temporary. They have Thor, so don't really need storm's power set
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Soooooooooooooo, we gonna act like this wasn't done before when Mutants were getting killed and they separated Storm to Be with BP, The Fantastic Four and the Avengers during the Brubaker and Fraction era especially when they needed her most. This era is just not for me. I'm sorry everyone.
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 05-14-2024 at 01:46 PM.
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Soooooooooooooo, we gonna act like this wasn't done before when Mutants were getting killed and they separated Storm to Be with BP, The Fantastic Four and the Avengers during the Bubaker and Fraction era especially when they needed her most. This era is just not for me. I'm sorry everyone.
    Yeah this era reads pretty stale. I'm waiting for something exciting.

I know Krakoa had it's problems, but it was such an ambitious story and so different that it's hard to come down from that. This new era needed to come out the gate with a bang, but instead it seems pretty reductive.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Emma Frost called it before everyone else did.

One thing I absolutely HATED about this era and the surrounding era's concerning Storm. Was how casually Emma would insult her and she'd do nothing about it, like who, what, when, and where?!?!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm hoping this could be a good grounding moment for Storm.

As Bevoort said, her presence tends to overwhelm everyone around her which is exactly what happens in X-Men Red where when Mags and Sunspot were taking off the table, it basically turned into the Storm book. Making her into a full on invincible hero soloing everyone including other omega level mutants.

So if Mc Kay writes her as he does everyone else, then Storm might actually struggle to get her wins or think more creatively with her powers than just "Blam Zap, Lightning Blast!" We have gotten some great moments here with the Avengers having to think outside the box in their solutions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the possibilities are limitless like Ororo's power!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Soooooooooooooo, we gonna act like this wasn't done before when Mutants were getting killed and they separated Storm to Be with BP, The Fantastic Four and the Avengers during the Brubaker and Fraction era especially when they needed her most. This era is just not for me. I'm sorry everyone.
    Her solo was literally pimped as Queen of the Mutants so i expect she will have x-men ties in her solo but time will tell. I'm just going to enjoy two books with Storm. and Mccay being a good writer.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ha. All the people concerned about Storm not being on a team… well, she’s on the Avengers (with a badass artist on the book too!) and getting a solo. How you like them apples?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. All the people concerned about Storm not being on a team… well, she’s on the Avengers (with a badass artist on the book too!) and getting a solo. How you like them apples?
    I am mixed on it too be honest. It's too early to tell.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I'm with CotA here. I've seen a lot of your posts lately being very white-man-fragility adjacent. Empowering females does not always mean a male is suffering for it. If Storm has a big role, then maybe Cyclops has a medium role. Or none at all, which honestly would be fine by me (get rid of Jean too lol). But they're not turning him into a mutant terrorist that is stoooopid and wrong and dumb and oh useless man we hate all men.

Disney makes a few female centric movies and shows and people act like they've murdered all men. The vast majority of all MCU projects (past, present, AND future) are male dominated. I'm tired of folks sucking the joy out of any project that they think is trying to do something other than tell a story that they want to tell (and sorry, not all stories are for you and only you).
    Look I can agree some people do just hate women and minorities but your rhetoric is one I routinely run into and it often times PURPOSELY misrepresents the arguments in order to male critics seem like they put for blood. I would like people to stop using the phrase male fragility. Because be honest with yourself, nerd culture is about catering to fragility. Let's stop pretending like all of us are the beacons of self confidence. We come to these stories to feel empowered. Everyone does. But you are misrepresenting the issue by saying "a few female centric" movies. The xmen community loves fe,ale characters. Storm and Rogue are probably 2 of the best female characters for crossover appeal between gender. But it's not fragility to be media literate and understanding things on a deeper level than just female/male or anything. You can love the direction it's going. I'm not stopping that. But I do wonder why women are often more understanding when these issues and will support men talking about this stuff but it's always other men who call men fragile for trying to explain issues if the way things are being presented

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the possibilities are limitless like Ororo's power!

Cause I haven't kept up Storm hasn't been retconned right? She's still a mutant and this is just a fan being excited right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Look I can agree some people do just hate women and minorities but your rhetoric is one I routinely run into and it often times PURPOSELY misrepresents the arguments in order to male critics seem like they put for blood. I would like people to stop using the phrase male fragility. Because be honest with yourself, nerd culture is about catering to fragility. Let's stop pretending like all of us are the beacons of self confidence. We come to these stories to feel empowered. Everyone does. But you are misrepresenting the issue by saying "a few female centric" movies. The xmen community loves fe,ale characters. Storm and Rogue are probably 2 of the best female characters for crossover appeal between gender. But it's not fragility to be media literate and understanding things on a deeper level than just female/male or anything. You can love the direction it's going. I'm not stopping that. But I do wonder why women are often more understanding when these issues and will support men talking about this stuff but it's always other men who call men fragile for trying to explain issues if the way things are being presented
    Im fine with all of this and I’m a beacon of self confidence.
    But then again, I’m a happily 40something year old man.