Page 131 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3023

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Brevoort probably doesn't like the character. He was the one advocating for Cyclops to be mutant hitler after all.
    Brevoort believe that angry fans buy comics, he said it in a interview. He doesn't care if you are buying because is the best book you ever read, or because you are a collector, or if you just have to know what is going to happen or is hoping they are going to finally fix you favorite. As long as you are buying it.

I think he makes a very cold calculation of how much more sales each one of those decisions would bring, it's not personal. He also said how some book are approved even if they won't bringing the desired numbers if they fit their overall strategy.
    So is just it, maybe his research show Cyclops wouldn't sell as much as they wanted and that's why he doesn't have a solo and he didn't fit any other goal the editorial may or may not have.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 05-14-2024 at 02:34 PM.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Scott and Jean are going to be communicating regularly through telepathy
    I don't think that makes him a supporting character in the Phoenix book. We'll probably see a panel of them in the first issue and that'll be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Brevoort believe that angry fans buy comics, he said it in a interview. He doesn't care if you are buying because is the best book you ever read, or because you are a collector, or if you just have to know what is going to happen or is hoping they are going to finally fix you favorite. As long as you are buying it.

I think he makes a very cold calculation of how much more sales each one of those decisions would bring, it's not personal. He also said how some book are approved even if they won't bringing the desired numbers if they fit their overall strategy.
    So is just it, maybe his research show Cyclops wouldn't sell as much as they wanted and that's why he doesn't have a solo and he didn't fit any other goal the editorial may or may not have.
    Well, if he reads the forums (big ask, I know) he'd know that my response to Scott being crapped in is to stop buying. No, not the single title. ALL MARVEL TITLES. Treat my favorite like a punching bag, and nothing you offer has any appeal to me.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If they didn't tank Cyclops' character during the Krakoa era he would've been able to carry a solo pretty easily, whether you like his characterization in Krakoa or not, you gotta admit that it's a huge downgrade from decimation era Cyclops or even post AvX Cyclops, now to get a solo he'd have to build momentum again, hopefully MacKay's run is good and develops his character, that would make Scott getting a solo more likely, if he gains more relevance in the second season of X-Men '97 then I can see it too, especially if the rumors about a certain mini being adapted are true (although it'd probably be done in half an episode at best lol)

Post AvX would've been the best time to give him a solo, although to be fair, Bendis' Uncanny X-Men was practically a Cyclops' solo so I'm not mad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    If they didn't tank Cyclops' character during the Krakoa era he would've been able to carry a solo pretty easily, whether you like his characterization in Krakoa or not, you gotta admit that it's a huge downgrade from decimation era Cyclops or even post AvX Cyclops, now to get a solo he'd have to build momentum again, hopefully MacKay's run is good and develops his character, that would make Scott getting a solo more likely, if he gains more relevance in the second season of X-Men '97 then I can see it too, especially if the rumors about a certain mini being adapted are true (although it'd probably be done in half an episode at best lol)

Post AvX would've been the best time to give him a solo, although to be fair, Bendis' Uncanny X-Men was practically a Cyclops' solo so I'm not mad about that.
    Krakoan Cyclop was just a husk of his former self. They really did carpet bomb his reputation. Cyclops was my favorite superhero and Hickman and pals made me wish he was actually dead

We know that there are solos yet to be announced. At the very least one by a character from the X-men book cast, which could very well be him

Also we know they did market research to decide on the solos, but they didn't pick all the ones from the top and that's it. Otherwise that would imply that Dazzler was more popular than Cyclops and the odds of that are below zero. There are going to be a lot of solo books on this era, they could have just decided to use him on a solo later. The market has a limited capacity, you don't put all th3 best sellers at once

We know that there are solos yet to be announced. At the very least one by a character from the X-men book cast, which could very well be him

Also we know they did market research to decide on the solos, but they didn't pick all the ones from the top and that's it. Otherwise that would imply that Dazzler was more popular than Cyclops and the odds of that are below zero. There are going to be a lot of solo books on this era, they could have just decided to use him on a solo later. The market has a limited capacity, you don't put all th3 best sellers at once
    Dazzler getting a solo is probably because of Taylor Swift, it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Anyway, Scott getting a solo is a possibility but he needs to get some momentum because he wasn't great in Krakoa, I think the show might help.

Brevoort is an idiot then. Why not give fans what they actually want?
    All his comments show that he hates the character probably even more so than Jordan D. White, that's why Cyclops has been neglected to a team book with the largest roster.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-14-2024 at 03:24 PM.

Dazzler getting a solo is probably because of Taylor Swift, it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Anyway, Scott getting a solo is a possibility but he needs to get some momentum because he wasn't great in Krakoa, I think the show might help.
    I think all the characters that are getting solos are appearing in MCU. Cyclops not getting one probably means the he won't have role in the X-Men reboot.

Cyclops is definitely gonna be in the MCU, he probably won't be an important character but he will definitely appear, he's one of the most known characters, if you ask anyone to name 5 X-Men characters they will definitely name Cyclops as one of them.

Cyclops is definitely gonna be in the MCU, he probably won't be an important character but he will definitely appear, he's one of the most known characters, if you ask anyone to name 5 X-Men characters they will definitely name Cyclops as one of them.
    His role will probably be similar to his fox movies counterpart, being mute for most of the movie and doing nothing.

Krakoa did so much damage to the character overall, that he probably won't be redeemed untill at least a few years have passed.

Astonishing Member

I really doubt Scott will have a solo, since he is already the team leader in a book. Scott is a popular character, but they will use that popularity to sell the team book.

Astonishing Member

Krakoa did so much damage to the character overall, that he probably won't be redeemed untill at least a few years have passed.
    The biggest issue is Krakoa makes Scott to feel irrelevant for the story, which is big downgrade from his previous role.

Many people feel Scott looks bad in his relationship with Jean in Krakoa. However, I think he looks less bad than previous "conflicts" in the relationship.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-14-2024 at 03:53 PM.

Fantastic Member

In the movies, he's just someone standing between Logan and Jean's love. Marsden had zero chemistry with Janssen.

Wish it had been better. But at least at the end of X Men: Days of Future Past, Marsden still had Janssen.

--jthree