Page 377 of 394 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 5903
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    for me it’s all about who are the X-MEN at the end of of episode. i want a new team (and a new tank rogue doesn’t deserve to be an X-MAN after her stunt last week)
    I think we're definitely getting new team members in season 2... the question is, will we get a sneak peek by the end of season 1?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think we're definitely getting new team members in season 2... the question is, will we get a sneak peek by the end of season 1?
    They could have ended the season with the remaining heros comming back to the damaged mansion and find Iceman and Cecilia Reyes there, who via some comment indicate that they just had their own offscreen adventure involving the prime sentinels.

Season 2 could have begunn with Cecilia tending the wounded X-men, most notably Wolverine, before becomming a re-occuring supporting character, while Iceman temporarily joins the team, allowing a 05-1 type of reunion.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    If Marvel is happy/confident with the show( which they seem to be) that's good enough for me
    It helps this is probably the most acclaimed thing they've made in recent memory. With all the mixed reception they've been getting, with the last major movie The Marvels being an outright bomb, 97 is the most major win they've had in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'm really going to cry, it feels like the season just started.

Looking forward to the finale tonight, but damn it's going to be a wait for season 2.
    Ah, I know! It's going to be a long wait.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Barring one seriously head scratching unforced error in the last episode that kind of ruins things, Moon Knight is a largely excellent show. It's just not really a Moon Knight show. It's a Marc Spector's multiple personalities show, with like two appearances from Moon Knight.

If you're looking for comic book Moon Knight you'll likely hate it. If you can roll with some melodrama and just enjoy an absolutely stellar performance from Isaac then it's absolutely worth watching. If you're looking for big action you'll be bored silly. If you're into damaged psyches and emotionally traumatized heroes you might really dig it.

It's an odd one, because in a lot of ways it's a really radical reinvention of the character, which makes the familiar comic book MK stuff feel awfully out of place at times.
    Thanks for all that! I have very little familiarity with comic book Moon Knight so sounds like I'm in the clear then. I don't have many expectations so that'll probably work in my favor and everything you described the show as being about appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thanks for all that! I have very little familiarity with comic book Moon Knight so sounds like I'm in the clear then. I don't have many expectations so that'll probably work in my favor and everything you described the show as being about appeals to me.
    I had zero knowledge about Moon Knight and I still wasn't thrilled with it, LOL! It had all the elements I should have liked, but I found it a slog to get through, but definitely, give it a shot. Oscar Issac is always great to watch.

As for the X-men '97 finale...I don't know what to expect. Just hoping I like it...
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I had zero knowledge about Moon Knight and I still wasn't thrilled with it, LOL! It had all the elements I should have liked, but I found it a slog to get through, but definitely, give it a shot. Oscar Issac is always great to watch.
    Definitely, I remember you said you still weren't a fan even as an Oscar Isaac fan. Hearing two polar opposite reviews has me even more interested lol in seeing where I'll fit into the spectrum.

BANNED

The Lego X-Mansion set that's coming out this October has just had its 10 minifigure roster leaked. It's more or less the original TAS roster.

Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, and Morph.

Jubilee, for whatever reason, has been omitted.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Definitely, I remember you said you still weren't a fan even as an Oscar Isaac fan. Hearing two polar opposite reviews has me even more interested lol in seeing where I'll fit into the spectrum.
    to me it’s like they were trying to reinvent the wheel… the accent and his cowardice etc etc.. i just kept thinking why is he always casted in comic book stuff and changing everything with the chars. moon knight like only non mutant char i actually like so show bummed me out. his gf was cool though
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

As for the X-men '97 finale...I don't know what to expect. Just hoping I like it...
    Samesies my friend.

However I did like one of the episodes where it explores his character's backstory and him having an abusive childhood. It was emotional and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Samesies my friend.

However I did like one of the episodes where it explores his character's backstory and him having an abusive childhood. It was emotional and effective.
    Yes, exactly, there were moments where you could see the potential of the series, it just didn't get there for me.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Tomorrow is going to be So bittersweet! I’m super excited for the finale but also sad this is already ending. I’m so so happy how the series turned out in all aspects. It’s perfect even without my fave Betsy in it.

It will be hard to wait a whole year for season 2. I sure do hope it comes a little sooner than that.

As for the ending I hope it’s even better than episode 5. Could it be possible? I hope so. If not, I’m hoping it’s the second best. I hope we get Onslaught teased or shown in the end. I hope for the team to be divided à la Schism. I would really love for Psylocke, Archangel and Colossus to show up. I hope no Avengers crashing the party.

But most of all, I hope they serve like they’ve been serving.
    A picture would last longer darling...

As for my favorite versions of the characters in a media outside the comics I think most of them are in XTAS and 97: Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Magneto, Jubilee, Beast, Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse, Emma

In Evo I would go with Kitty and Mystique

In the OG Fox Movies I would go with Professor (Wolverine, Magneto and Mystique were awesome as well)

Betsy still has to be done justice. I like her in TAS and her look in the movies but not enough of character development …
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Tomorrow is going to be So bittersweet! I’m super excited for the finale but also sad this is already ending. I’m so so happy how the series turned out in all aspects. It’s perfect even without my fave Betsy in it.

It will be hard to wait a whole year for season 2. I sure do hope it comes a little sooner than that.

As for the ending I hope it’s even better than episode 5. Could it be possible? I hope so. If not, I’m hoping it’s the second best. I hope we get Onslaught teased or shown in the end. I hope for the team to be divided à la Schism. I would really love for Psylocke, Archangel and Colossus to show up. I hope no Avengers crashing the party.

But most of all, I hope they serve like they’ve been serving.
    i have no doubt they will, i have a feeling they are gonna do a "calling all agents" type fight, bringing in X-force, Iceman-Angel, Colossus any mutant member who aided or was helped by the X-men, also i can't help but feel like there gonna bring Phoenix back from the Cosmic bird cage, they've been hinting at it and Apocolypes since the second episode, cause i dont think Nathan killed jean,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

beau will be hosting a watch along tonight with sunspot mom voice actor at midnight
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.