Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I am not convinced this is the big league. How is joining a team with your deposed ex cheeseburger and Cthon's librarian a step up when she was the voice of sol?
    It is a step-up in the sense of looking at how casual audiences see the MU. The Avengers are the big team that's prime time. Being part of this team highlights her as Marvel's A-List premiere team, and shows Marvel values her now as a solo character who can carry her own ongoing series while still being popular enough to be on the Avengers. Like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, etc.

And I feel Marvel wants us to associate her with these big names now because that's the plan for synergy with the MCU. It's all coming together. Like others said, Wanda and Vision are also exes so I don't think that's going to be a problem for Storm and Black Panther. And frankly, I still remember how snide some T'Challa fans were about Ororo back in the day so this is the perfect way for them to remember that this goddess is not going anywhere and she can outperform him anyday. T'Challa got his big boost from marrying her so there's a nice irony here.

I am not convinced this is the big league. How is joining a team with your deposed ex cheeseburger and Cthon's librarian a step up when she was the voice of sol?
    Oh lawd not Cthon's librarian. I'm dead.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That I will apologize for, that was rude of me, sorry.

But if the Avengers has plenty of Gods among their membership (Hercules and Ares included) then a Goddess really shouldn't be an issue.
    If there is no issue, then why are you trying to rain on this parade?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It is a step-up in the sense of looking at how casual audiences see the MU. The Avengers are the big team that's prime time. Being part of this team highlights her as Marvel's A-List premiere team, and shows Marvel values her now as a solo character who can carry her own ongoing series while still being popular enough to be on the Avengers. Like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, etc.

And I feel Marvel wants us to associate her with these big names now because that's the plan for synergy with the MCU. It's all coming together. Like others said, Wanda and Vision are also exes so I don't think that's going to be a problem for Storm and Black Panther. And frankly, I still remember how snide some T'Challa fans were about Ororo back in the day so this is the perfect way for them to remember that this goddess is not going anywhere and she can outperform him anyday. T'Challa got his big boost from marrying her so there's a nice irony here.
    That's a fair way to look at it.

Extraordinary Member

It is a position of status in the marketing of the character that I would not expect any significant development or importance to found. Luckily she has a solo that this 'promotion' might cause a few more people to want to check out.

BANNED

Most of the Avengers characters have their own solo books so they rarely get any development in the main book. It's their solo books where they get the character development so I expect the same for Storm.

That I will apologize for, that was rude of me, sorry.

But if the Avengers has plenty of Gods among their membership (Hercules and Ares included) then a Goddess really shouldn't be an issue.
    I agree but didn't the writer refer to Storm and the Avengers as equals? Or were you responding to her fans.

Glad to see MacKay will be writing the two best mutants (Storm & Cyke) in the upcoming era. He's a fantastic writer and his Avengers has been a fun ride so far.

Most of the Avengers characters have their own solo books so they rarely get any development in the main book. It's their solo books where they get the character development so I expect the same for Storm.
    I think that's why Thor fans don't mind him taking a back seat in the team books... cause he's doing cosmic things in his own books. If that was the case for Storm historically there wouldn't be near as much complaining from us.
    Last edited by The Regent; 05-14-2024 at 04:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I agree but didn't the writer refer to Storm and the Avengers as equals? Or were you responding to her fans.
    To fans operating under the idea that she's to "too big" to be on any team. Feels too character shilling and harmful for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I think that's why Thor fans don't mind him taking a back seat in the team books... cause he's doing cosmic things in his own books.
    The Avengers is more just a way to group these characters together than anything else. Storm gets the best of both worlds. The exposure of being an Avenger with these A-Listers, proving she is every bit their equal (if not superior for some of them in particular, looking at you shady T'Challa stans who turned their back on Ororo when they felt they didn't need her anymore), and all the development she can get from her own solo book and adventures.

Also Earth's mightiest mutant means she is the most powerful mutant now with Jean in space. Marvel is finally acknowledging her power levels (even if the rankings on the website desperately need to be changed).

To fans operating under the idea that she's to "too big" to be on any team. Feels too character shilling and harmful for the character.
    Oh ok makes sense.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Ah, so it's Storm! While it looks like a boss move on paper, it's more like a desperation move by Jed MacKay and editorial to see if Storm and X-Men fans will support his failing Avengers comics. Nobody is reading MacKay's Avengers, and I am not sure even the addition of Storm can change that. We just heard Brevoort say that they didn't use Storm on an X-Team proper because it would make sense for her to not be the leader, so then will she just be a sidekick to Thor or an antagonist to T'Challa? Rubbish!

Jed MacKay is working on too many books at once IMO, and they are all bound to be mediocre just like his Avengers, and Doctor Strange books. I didn't initially have high hopes for his X-Men run, and if he will be working on seven books at once, I really don't have high expectations.

Yay for Ororo fans though if you are happy with her being in a mediocre book by a mediocre, overextended writer.
    I thought it, you said it. I would choose some very extreme acts before I ever spend a penny on an Avengers comics, or a non-x-comic at marvel. To be fair, I can't say Brevoort isn't wrong for saying Storm sort of has to lead because it is weird when she doesn't.

This excites me. I love Storm!

To think it used to be being a member of the X-Men was the highest pedigree one could have in the MU.

Though at this point T'Challa and Storm don't really need each other (and frankly are better separated).