Page 136 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3023
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Cyclops, Cable and Magneto are the only male X-Men that I love. I used to be a huge fan of Wolverine when I was younger, but as an introvert I couldn't relate to him anymore. The rest of my favorites are female
    those are good I would add nightcrawler and chamber and sometimes maggot... but even with those 6 they wouldn't all hti top 10 cause yeah, jean emma storm Rachel Betsy jubiliee shadow cat and rogue all beat out most of them.

Gambit and Wolveren only get into my list at all cause of there relations to the women on it.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    He literally said that he doesn't like the character, what do you think "the Maddie situation ruined the character for me" means? he hates Cyclops, it's literally a fact, and the fact that he wanted to retire him proves that he didn't like him in the first place.
    He was asked if he hates Cyclops. He says he doesn't hate him, he hates what was done to him. He feels the character is irredeemable now until that original sin of leaving Maddie is addressed which is why Claremont always addresses it whenever he writes Cyclops after that.

The retiring thing was because he wrote the X-Men in real time and felt that with every new generation, it would make sense for characters to move into different parts of life outside of the X-Men. He said he wanted to give Cyclops a happy ending but he would always be able to come back for special occasions. He wanted to retire Colossus as well and in fact, Colossus returning in the Muir Island Saga is considered the point where Claremont more or less lost control of the X-Books. He had plans for all the characters, including Kitty one of his pet favs, eventually moving on.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

He literally said that he doesn't like the character, what do you think "the Maddie situation ruined the character for me" means? he hates Cyclops, it's literally a fact, and the fact that he wanted to retire him proves that he didn't like him in the first place.
    Claremont thought that comic books were going to have an actual ending. That's why he wanted to retire Cyclops. And his original plan was to have him and Jean married

BANNED

Why isn't Cyclops wearing his yellow trunks?
    It's too expensive to give him yellow hips and leg printing. Marvel minifigs are infamous for not getting leg printing (Captain America, Captain Marvel, Thor, etc.)

However, with Morph appearing in the X-Mansion set, it's very likely they'll make the effort to make legs with printed leg detail and yellow hips that can be reused for both Cyclops and Morph. Since the bottom halves of their costumes are identical.

BANNED

Claremont thought that comic books were going to have an actual ending. That's why he wanted to retire Cyclops. And his original plan was to have him and Jean married
    Exactly this.
    “My grand plan was that Scott and Jean would get married in the 1981 X-Men Annual #5 and for the 20th anniversary issue in ’83 (X-Men #175), they would have a child,” Claremont revealed in The X-Men Companion. “And Scott would have to deal with the fact that his job is to lead the X-Men and he wants to raise the kid, and Jean would be dealing with the fact that she loves this child but she loves working, fighting by Scott’s side. So Mariko, perhaps, ends up taking care of the child, or Kitty. And Kitty would get pissed, because she doesn’t want to be a babysitter all her life. I wanted to show the evolution, the ages of man, so to speak.”

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I've understand why the Maddie situation ruined the character for him.

However, I don't really think Claremont really hates Scott. He retired the characters due to the way he handled the stories.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-14-2024 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Cable never really interested me. I never had an interest in the 90s time-traveler characters. For me, it was the O5, Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Colossus out of the male characters. Then Havok and Gambit to a lesser extent.

But my favorites were generally the female ones too, both in the X-Men and outside the X-Men. Like you said about Carol, I always loved her but have zero interest in the MCU version.
    1. Cyclops
    2. Jean Grey
    3. Magneto
    4. Cable
    5. Storm
    6. Angel
    7. Psylocke
    8. Magik
    9. Polaris
    10. Havok

He introduced the love triangle out of spite for a fictional character, the first thing he did when he wrote X-Men Forever was cuck Cyclops and instead of letting him be mad and move on with someone else like Emma he had him wanting to be friends with Jean lol, that's Kendrick's levels of hatred right there, I won't change my mind, I don't want Claremont to write Scott ever again.

Incredible Member

He introduced the love triangle out of spite for a fictional character, the first thing he did when he wrote X-Men Forever was cuck Cyclops and instead of letting him be mad and move on with someone else like Emma he had him wanting to be friends with Jean lol, that's Kendrick's levels of hatred right there, I won't change my mind, I don't want Claremont to write Scott ever again.
    I think this MIGHT be the actually right way to use cuck
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

He's not touching him ever again. How long do you think he's going to live?

Incredible Member

I don't want Claremont writing any X titles anymore

Astonishing Member

I don't really feel that's hate for a character.

I've understand people won't like their favorite characters in that kind of situation, but I think Claremont tried to show Scott as a "mature" person.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    It's too expensive to give him yellow hips and leg printing. Marvel minifigs are infamous for not getting leg printing (Captain America, Captain Marvel, Thor, etc.)

However, with Morph appearing in the X-Mansion set, it's very likely they'll make the effort to make legs with printed leg detail and yellow hips that can be reused for both Cyclops and Morph. Since the bottom halves of their costumes are identical.
    Still he looks cute though

BANNED

1. Cyclops
    2. Jean Grey
    3. Magneto
    4. Cable
    5. Storm
    6. Angel
    7. Psylocke
    8. Magik
    9. Polaris
    10. Havok
    That's a good list and very similar to mine. When it comes to female favs, mine are Jean, Betsy, Ororo, Rogue, Lorna, and Rachel. I used to like Dazzler as well but that was more because of her disco costume than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    did we ever find out what the original plot was supposed to be?
    I'm sure Cyclops would have still tried to destroy the clouds, but since the status quo was the general public and even the X-Men hating Cyclops and loving the Inhumans, his original plan would probably have killed a ton of people and the Inhumans would have save them.

The funny thing, is that at the time what upset me the most was that the Inhumans were in a great place, so Cyclops hwas not only evil but also incompetent.