Page 675 of 677 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677 LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 10155

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Not sure how that works in real life, and I don't want it for it to become a mutant ghetto or what, but I think it would make sense that mutants who didn't want to be part of the X-Men started to take house in a specific district/city and grew their own small community as "normal" people who happen to have mutation but don't wanna use it (or the mutation doesn't even give any "usable" power). I mean. A couple of mutants find a nice apartment in a block. Some time later another mutant they have known (in Krakoa, at the school) is looking for an apartment to relocate and they call this couple for suggestions. "Oh, the apartment under ours is vacant, it's a nice neighbourhood!", and before they know it, the whole building is occupied by mutants who want to go by their lives and watch together a movie in someone's appartament on Saturday night.

Either a district in a big city or a (what's the name? suburban?) bunch of one-family houses in a quiet town with small garden on the back.

(Mutants also have some very rich people in their mists who could buy whole buildings/areas and rent the apartments for decent, affordable rents. Or take some area that has been neglected, fix things and turn it from criminal/dangerous area to a nice neighbour)

I seem to recall it happened with some specific communities (queer?) in some cities but might be wrong.
    I know nothing about how things works in NY or USA, so take this with a grain of salt.
    It sounds like you just described the premise of the upcoming book NYX

And this concept was also already done with District X

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whops! Missed that!

Is the district/area of this comic mutant-friendly (as far as we know)?
    Edit: in a perfect world, the mutants who don't want to be superheroes would settle down and have their normal lives, including the nosy neighbour who eavesdrop any time a mutant not from the area turn up and knock at your door for a chat.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

There are only two villains whose reformations I ever bought. Rogue, who's always been more hero than villain in the public eye since she was barely a villain in publication history, and Magneto, because at least his first reformation was earned and took several years. Both characters proved themselves over and over and I think it's no coincidence that Claremont was behind both of them. Magneto's constant swaps from villainy to heroism since Claremont left ring false to me.
    Magneto has never really felt like a hero to me. At best, he's felt like a villain that stopped doing villainous things.

Even if he's not trying to murder humanity or take over the world, he still tends to look, act, think, and in most cases be drawn like he's still a bad guy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Magneto has never really felt like a hero to me. At best, he's felt like a villain that stopped doing villainous things.

Even if he's not trying to murder humanity or take over the world, he still tends to look, act, think, and in most cases be drawn like he's still a bad guy.
    the irony (see what I did there... iron magnets...) he is pretty much Logan... he is the "I will do what it takes" guy.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Under Claremont’s pen, eventually, Magneto became really a good guy though… I suppose it didn’t interest the authors that were his successors…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

IA that for the most I wouldnt quite call him a hero but he definitely doesnt act like a bad guy anymore. I did feel he was a hero in the Krakoa era, especially in X-men Red

Incredible Member

I am afraid to say but "All minorities and life choices should be and can be represented with the mutant metaphor" has become a controversial opinion...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Scott did not cheat on Jean with Betsy. It's clear he was uncomfortable with her advances and when she kissed him without his consent, his response was to push her away.

Extraordinary Member

The last time Magneto was a hero was right before Fall of the Mutants, over 35 years ago. He's been an anti-hero or anti-villain at various points in recent decades, but never a full-on hero like he was in that brief period from 1985-1987.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Under Claremont’s pen, eventually, Magneto became really a good guy though… I suppose it didn’t interest the authors that were his successors…
    I remember reading that when JL and CC were first getting the new book, JL was really excited to get into the Sentinels, Hellfire Club, and all the other classic old villains and tropes, while CC wanted to press forward and not tread previous ground he had already gone over. Seems the creators that followed thought similarly to JL.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I am afraid to say but "All minorities and life choices should be and can be represented with the mutant metaphor" has become a controversial opinion...
    It really.... dilutes the metaphor when you over stretch it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I remember reading that when JL and CC were first getting the new book, JL was really excited to get into the Sentinels, Hellfire Club, and all the other classic old villains and tropes, while CC wanted to press forward and not tread previous ground he had already gone over. Seems the creators that followed thought similarly to JL.
    Its true. Morrison's whole run is just him doing his versions of Claremonts greatest hits.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I’m for letting the author do what he or she wants as long as the story is good, characters are respected and the tone is not too heavy or light-hearted…

I follow an author’s adventures because I trust him or her to do a good job and to be surprised…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Karma should be Headmistress of the school. Xavier and Emm are always too busy on x-teams.
    Karma has a degree in education unlike every other X-Man, save for Beast.
    Plus she’s already looking after her kid brother and sister.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

And this concept was also already done with District X

TMNT also did the same thing in the recent run.