Page 701 of 708 FirstFirst ... 201601651691697698699700701702703704705 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 10607

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, all this raging about "representation" in cinema and games... peeps ignore the EXISTENCE of my race completely. Like they act like only 2 or 3 races exist in the universe....

My "lived experience" is that most people pushing "representation" don't even know what "Sami" are.
    The way Hollywood tends to depict Europeans in general is appalling. Remember the Siberian bar scene from Sonic 2? Or how American cinema almost exclusively portrays Eastern-Europeans as traffickers, pimps or prostitutes, yet they can't stop talking about how harmful stereotyping is. Apparently it's only harmful depending on who you're stereotyping.

Incredible Member

Yeah, all this raging about "representation" in cinema and games... peeps ignore the EXISTENCE of my race completely. Like they act like only 2 or 3 races exist in the universe....

My "lived experience" is that most people pushing "representation" don't even know what "Sami" are.
    People absolutely do not know what Sami are. They don't even get representation in Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The way Hollywood tends to depict Europeans in general is appalling. Remember the Siberian bar scene from Sonic 2? Or how American cinema almost exclusively portrays Eastern-Europeans as traffickers, pimps or prostitutes, yet they can't stop talking about how harmful stereotyping is. Apparently it's only harmful depending on who you're stereotyping.
    The reason I mentioned this is that, while Sami are from Europe... they're not the same as what people think of as "white people".

But yeah, Hollywood has chosen an "approved" list of stereotypes, and is fine with THOSE.... and only those.

The reason I mentioned this is that, while Sami are from Europe... they're not the same as what people think of as "white people".

But yeah, Hollywood has chosen an "approved" list of stereotypes, and is fine with THOSE.... and only those.
    The entertainment industry has always had a farcically basic idea of what a "white European" is or what a "person of color" is for that matter. All the talk about changing perceptions and they can't change their own it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Most annoying thing is that this is mostly Russian/Soviet stereotype. Would be cool to at least get our own stereotypes.

Not sure I believe this but there’s a rumor that the Booster Gold series will start filming in July.

https://twitter.com/DCFilmNews/statu...jcnPV7k-Q&s=19

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not sure I believe this but there’s a rumor that the Booster Gold series will start filming in July.

Hmm perhaps after peacemaker 2 is done

Apparently he’s been cast for a while now.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    If that’s the case we should get an announcement very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I wonder who it is. A lot of current actors would be amazing in the role.

Will Jaime appear on the show?

I wonder if that means he's showing up in something else first.

Extraordinary Member

If that’s the case we should get an announcement very soon.
    San Diego comic con? I assume Superman will shoot till September
    Mabey a teaser, it’s kinda early.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Bro, people from my race are not even considered in movies and TV shows. Racism is a multi faceted evil so lots of people face it in different forms.

Well i see all races(black,white,brown and asiatic) shown in media(live action and cartoons) and superhero movies and shows.
    Speaking of sami,when i see them,they look either white or asiatic.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-15-2024 at 03:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Of course not every ethnic group within those races are shown as much compared to others.
    For example when it comes to asiatics you would see more media about chinese and japanese then folks from laos or mongolia or when comes to whites you see more english folks then folks from iceland.