Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I liked the hidden scene with Apocalypse finding the Queen of Hearts on Genosha. That's it.
    It's so hidden, I almost missed it until I saw the "skip credits" button.

God…if their uniforms just hadn’t been ruined, that episode would have hit me even harder. I just can’t stand the uniform changes! But apart from that highly distracting flaw, I was both pleasantly surprised and yet somewhat disappointed. The highlight of the season was most definitely still episodes 5 and 7. But all of the Mother Askani stuff with Jean and Cyclops is something I never explored, so that will be completely unfamiliar territory for me, as is (what looks like) will become “The Rise Of Apocalypse” storyline (something else I skipped reading). I am honestly kind of surprised that they would do Deathbit as that storyline (I thought) was universally hated?! But, if that will be the only way to bring back Gambit, it could work out better in the show.

I was very surprised that they didn’t go hardcore into showing Wolverine with his adamantium being pulled out. They really only showed the one freeze frame and then just some bleeding wounds. I figured Phoenix would come back but I don’t think it was explained very well how that happened. And they sure could have used Phoenix again there at the end. So I am guessing a sizable chunk of Season 2 will be dedicated to focus on Bishop finding all the scattered X-Men in different timelines and slowly bringing them back together? And then Apocalypse resurrecting Gambit? I will admit, I thought for sure they were going to tease Onslaught but now, it doesn’t look as likely a focus for Season 2 (which might be for the better so they don’t keep speed running through all of these major stories).

Anyway, I will need to watch it again to see everything I missed. I know Rogue, Cyclops and Jean won’t get their 90s uniforms back while they are stuck in the different timelines *groans* so hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get these characters back together and fighting evil mutants again in the present and in all their 90s Jim Lee/Andy Kubert greatness! But at very least, the season didn’t end quite as hopelessly as I was originally fearing it would (I was certain another key character would be killed off). I am anxious to see where they go with it from here. The long wait will certainly suck.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 05-15-2024 at 02:55 AM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

For those of you who are waiting for more fan service at least for Logan lol. This was definitely going to end abruptly. They didn't even show him by the end of the show. Such a waste. Jean has gone full mommy in this show smh

It's too bad Marvel doesn't have the balls to actually pair Logan and Morph. The show creators couldn't have made it any more obvious that Morph is in love with Logan. I'm curious how far they'll take it or if it'll just be dropped in the next season.

When did Logan become bi?

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

My boy looks so good without his visors on...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Loved Kurt and Jubilee were cool asf teaming up together. Hope to see something like that in the comics. Everyone was awesome, at least to me since I'm only seeing clips. Loved the MU cameos but loved Cloak and Dagger the most. I was surprised to see them.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-15-2024 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng
    It's too bad Marvel doesn't have the balls to actually pair Logan and Morph. The show creators couldn't have made it any more obvious that Morph is in love with Logan. I'm curious how far they'll take it or if it'll just be dropped in the next season.
    I have a probably horrible idea, but if they brought in Daken as an antagonist... Daken messing with Morph could be fun and very on-brand for him if he became aware of Morph's feelings for his dad.

It's the type of messy drama that would fit from S1.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Good finale but 40 minutes was too long. I appreciated the concept of humanizing Bastion and making him more than a 1-note murderbot, but he still killed waaaay too many people to really deserve a redemption arc. Humiliating Sinister instead of killing him felt like a mistake too. Nice bromance between Charles and Erik.

This season was a lot of fun. IMO, 12 episodes was perfect. All killer, no filler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Good finale but 40 minutes was too long. I appreciated the concept of humanizing Bastion and making him more than a 1-note murderbot, but he still killed waaaay too many people to really deserve a redemption arc. Humiliating Sinister instead of killing him felt like a mistake too. Nice bromance between Charles and Erik.

This season was a lot of fun. IMO, 12 episodes was perfect. All killer, no filler.
    There were only 10 episodes. I wish there were 12 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    When did Logan become bi?
    There's an alternate version of Logan that was in a relationship with Hercules, so it's not unprecedented.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wow so much to say. Love all the cameos especially MJ.
    Peter was there as well, standing next to Mary Jane. That was a nice way of finally letting us know he found her and brought her home after the Spider-man TAS finale. It only took 25 years, Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    There were only 10 episodes. I wish there were 12 though.
    My bad. There were two extra-long 40-minute episodes.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 05-15-2024 at 03:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Dust better watch out. She gets a small picture cameo and next time she appears proper it's 4 seconds before getting disintegrated by a Sentinel beam.

Meh…

The show had a good ending but this episode shows why characters power levels need to be contained a bit. To many moments of characters showing they can end things in a second and then being shown completely incapable at all or just doing nothing as if they were looking for snacks to watch the show. You want to know why your favorite characters gets so prone to PISS watch this episode again and again and you will discover why. Hard to have multiple players when your most gifted can fill almost any spot on the team by themselves.

Even still I’m interested in what comes next. Overall, it has been a very good season and it was a landing that the show can walk away from so that is a win in of itself.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Peter was there as well, standing next to Mary Jane. That was a nice way of finally letting us know he found her and brought her home after the Spider-man TAS finale. It only took 25 years, Marvel!

My bad. There were two extra-long 40-minute episodes.
    Yes! I appreciated seeing them together onscreen. Apparently Flash was there too but I was too busy looking at Peter and MJ to notice him.

I actually liked the pace of this episode with the extra 10 minutes. Finale episodes tend to be longer.