Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Loved this episode, as Beau said this felt healing and it didn´t dissapoint. That said I agree the series peaked on Ep 5 but for me this doesnt mean this was a bad episode at all.

Highlights for me:

Rogue beating Bastion into a pulp over Remy´s memory "remember it"

Scott and Morph being there for Logan.

Nightcrawler praying with Charles and Magneto.

Cable oppening to Jean and Scott about his childhood and their farewell.

Storm simply laughing at Phoenix appareance, just like her sister to save them all at the nick of time from the prime sentinels.

Morph making fun of Sinister

Charles remembering he is supposed to have a degree on psycology and having a therapy session with Magnus instead of leaving him in a coma, not gonna lie, this always pissed me off in the original FA, him having regrets post fact and remembering Magneto only made me feel more mad at him, so seeing him this way helped me remember why I liked his character, especially considering what has been done to him in current comics.

The first people Magneto remembers are Rogue, who is right there on Asteroid M and his children Lorna, Pietro and Wanda as well as his parents.They help him center himself in his humanity, just wish this series tackled Magda and Anya as well. Talking openly about his sense of isolation over not having an actual family and fully feeling himself part of the X-men now was great, I don´t think even in comics this has been tackled with quite the same intensity.

I personally don´t think Magneto at this point or Rogue see each other in a romantic sense, Rogue more than Magneto´s lover this season, has been more like an honest friend who could understand where he was coming from but also tell him when he was being a jerk so even if they tackle AoA, I don´t see them being end game, their relationship is more like an AU but this doesn´t mean they don´t trust or appreciate the other pov.

Just "Magneto is alive" moment.

Cyclops bad ass leadership moment in which he hoped to understand and help Bastion, supported by Storm and X-men, following the logic of the dream. Bastion reaching out to them.

Just all the cameos. Captain America, Iron Man, Peter, MJ, Cloak, Dagger, Psylocke, Omega Red to name a few, I just missed another cameo by Doctor Doom

This Ep effectively closed up previous plot points and showed what to expect of season two

Gambit will come back as death but I am almost sure this won´t last long. My guess is that Storm, Logan and Morph were selected by Apocalypse to be his current horsemen.

This kind of fun and expectative is something that has been missing for a long time in comics and I am very happy to see XM 97 feels like a fresh take of old stories.

This looks as well as if S2 is tackling different X-men teams, one in the future, another in the present and another in the past. My guess is that it was Apocalypse the one who used time manipulation to take them to different spaces in time.

That comment by Apocalypse "My children, so much death" made me remember current comics Apocalypse, so I expect him to gain new nuances in the series, just like Bastion did.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-15-2024 at 04:04 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Very happy with the whole entire season. Fantastic job.

Ok this last episode had a lot going on but can I just say we just saw Daredevil???!!! LOL I am a huge DD fan and he was shown a few times and I flipped out. Was waiting for the Punisher to show but that can happen at a later time.

Lots of Cameos which were all awesome. We need a new Avengers show from that area. I can see it happening. I keep hearing about Spidey but well see what happens.

The final end credit scene with Apocalypse holding the card....Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha GAMBIT is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much potential for season 2. Askani aka Rachel Summers blew me away that was a big surprise. It will be cool to see Scott and Jean interact with her and where the relationship goes from here.

Overall 9/10 for me for the entire season. Only reason I dont say 10/10 is because we need Iceman. Bobby just belongs on the show permanently. Ever since I was a little kid with the original show I always thought they needed more Iceman.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The episode didn't quite land for me, just too much stuff going on. But they showed Betsy for one second, so I forgive them

Overall, a very strong season that could've been even better if it had a couple of more episodes or less storylines. And more Betsy of course.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm kind of bummed out over Morph simping for Wolverine. It's not going to go anywhere so that just makes it baiting. Setting our faceless angel up to leave the team to wander the earth once the awkwardness really sets in.

Final was very messy and not good, really. Very dissapointed final for a great season.

I liked the finale, the wait for season 2 will be painful. My favorite moments were Rogue punching the hell out of Bastion, Jean and ascott showing Nathan his father's eyes and Phoenix channeling her inner avatar with the watery raptor, fiery aura and earth talons

It's funny how comicbook fan nostalgia fan works sometimes. I don't think most people in the mid aughts were especially keen on Milligan's run or happy about Gambit becoming one of Apocalypse's new Horsemen—but now that it's being adapted for a cartoon two decades later, people are like GAMBIT IS DEATH LET'S GOOOOO.

In the reverse: I wonder how many new-ish X-fans who were blown away by the three-parter are going to buy and read the Operation: Zero Tolerance collection and wish they hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    And people calling Gamit as a Horseman are right! The post-credits is Apoc about to resurrect him!

I was so convinced Onslaught’s gonna happen but I am glad it went the other way. It would’ve been too predictable. Although the build up they could use was already there.

This was good! A lot of cameos I probably missed some of them. Even Peter Parker and Mary Jane made some appearance.

The drama, shed some tear a bit especially with the Cable scenes.

Love that Mother Askani/Rachel is playing a part here as well as young Nate. That’s Nate Grey, right? I guess they are really delving into this storyline since their bloodline drama is really tied with Apocalypse if you think about it.
    Given the pace they go it they can probably do Apocalypse and Onslaught in one season but suspect Onslaught will be further teased and then show up for season 3.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Wait… there was an end credit scene? I think I missed it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Why did the episode completely ignore Rogue and Sunspot joining Magneto? I guess we have to assume they thought Magneto pulling the adamantium out of Wolverine a bridge too far I guess even though Rogue seemed fine with attacking her teammates. That just was not a good plotline.

Incredible Member

I want iceman in this show. Does he have ANY good storylines from the comics to bring in? I always got the sense that most writers hated iceman and never did anything interesting with him from afar. And the one time iceman was allowed to cut loose, it was him being controlled by Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damn, Apocalypse being on the loose in the present, while X-Men are scattered across the time stream is kinda scary set-up.
    Should make it easier for him to usher in AoA but for it to be reversed because it isnt a fixed point in time like Genosha as it only came about because Bastion was defeated and the timeline was altered.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

I just want to say stealing Gambits iconic line and remixing it for Rogue isn't good writing. In fact the problem with this show is there is no creativity in it. It's all just remixes. Its meant to cater to nostalgia. If you take the references and cameos out the hype for this show would not be do high. I kinda skipped through the episode because I was bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wait… there was an end credit scene? I think I missed it.
    Right after the blue credits.

Also, a minor nitpick: I loved seeing Betsy, but showing her with the Alpha Flight was kinda random. Should've been with Brian and Meggan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I want iceman in this show. Does he have ANY good storylines from the comics to bring in? I always got the sense that most writers hated iceman and never did anything interesting with him from afar. And the one time iceman was allowed to cut loose, it was him being controlled by Emma.
    I feel like his only famous story is getting outed by Jeen.