Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1439

spoilers:
    I did like this episode better than the last two. I thought the pacing was better, and it gave more time to its emotional moments, though I also was frustrated by how there was no payoff at all for Rogue and Sunspot's decisions, or for Magneto stripping Wolverine of his adamantium. I get it wasn't a situation where they could be explored in depth, but a few comments or even some tension would have been good.

I also still don't understand Rogue's arc. She's back to being a team player and talking about how Gambit would want them all to live a single episode after being "let them all burn." I get that emotions aren't consistent when you're in grief, but ... She really does seem to feel what the plot requires her to feel from episode to episode. Lenore does her best with it, and almost pulls it off, but the writing for her is not good.

Also, I love how not a single Magneto beat was clearly left on the cutting room floor. Ironically, he has sucked the oxygen out of this season.
    end of spoilers

X-Men 97 final was very messy and not good, really. Very disappointed.

But X-Men 97 showed that Gambit is the best thief because he stole the best episode and people will remember it!

spoilers:
    As season ended I clearly can say that Gambit funeral should being better and have more effect. Storm also should have being affected with his death.
    And I am really tired of Mags.

At this point I am not excited for S2 and Gambit`s role in it and more of Rogue/Mags fantastic tension in the past.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-15-2024 at 04:14 AM.

More optimistically, I do appreciate how this show has made more people realize how awesome Gambit is, and I hope that translates into more good things for him and Rogue in the comics beyond even Uncanny. They revived Dazzler, so why not Mr and Mrs X? Time for the Remynaissance and the Romynaissance.

Don't get me wrong. I could not be more excited about Uncanny or them being in the flagship again, but, like Rogue when Gambit was about to go to heaven, I want more!!
    Last edited by DearMachine; 05-15-2024 at 04:25 AM.

spoilers:
    I can see S2 going a couple of ways:

1. We suffer through a few more episodes of Rogneto. Especially if there's a significant time jump between S1 & S2.
    2. Rogneto is over and they're just friends. After all, Mags admits to Xavier that Rogue didn't choose him and left him.

Regardless, the minute Deathbit sees those two together, things will get bad quickly, but Rogue will be the one to save him. It wouldn't look good for Mags if she dumps him again, so that's why I'm (naively?) believing in option #2.
    end of spoilers

Yes, bring back Mr & Mrs X!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I enjoyed the last episode. Probably my favorite after Episode 5. No Gambit tease but I prefer it that way as it gives his death more impact and significance IMO.

If you are watching this for Romy or Gambit then you will be disappointed but for me it was good drama. Also be sure to stick around for just after the initial credits.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

spoilers:
    I actually didn't catch the closing credits scene in Genosha until someone pointed it out here. So I was a little hopeful at the end, at least he's coming back.

Beau's obsession with Magneto is really irking me now.

Hopefully Rogue will return back and find out about Gambit soon into s2. I'm sure it'll be an emotional scene.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I enjoyed the last episode. Probably my favorite after Episode 5. No Gambit tease but I prefer it that way as it gives his death more impact and significance IMO.

If you are watching this for Romy or Gambit then you will be disappointed but for me it was good drama. Also be sure to stick around for just after the initial credits.
    Happy that others liked it and I have seen people on Reddit who are enjoying the Gambit tease. So there is definitely more Gambit love now after the show returned than before. People really hated he died but loved the way he went out. Which is good, in vacuum. Really great even.

Still for me this season has been disappointing because it showed me how good it could have been. Going in I had my expectations at roughly XTAS but with better animation. Just some fun every week.

I knew DeMayo was not a big Gambit fan but I hoped he was indifferent and that others in the writing room would be tasked with writing his parts. This was also when I thought it would be a less compact show with more space to breath. Motendo not withstanding.

But instead he had a more active part in the process and Remy was picked to die to fuel other plots. Which is a shame because I never gelled with Rogue’s plot. Probably because she was so isolated, almost no one except talked about Remy dying. Not even Magneto, one would think he would make it part of his grand speeches. Alas it was probably also left on the cutting rooms floor…

Rogue had a lonely plot. Magneto, Scott and Jean had to much focus. It never really felt like an ensemble show for me. Still probably a 7/10. It just sucks because it had to work hard to not rise higher. It really took some determination from the creators to stay at 7.

I noticed that too, people were REALLY rejoicing over that tease at the very end. Really happy for them. For me, I just wanted a little more...

Rogue quoting Gambit was a nice touch when she beat up on Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Happy that others liked it and I have seen people on Reddit who are enjoying the Gambit tease. So there is definitely more Gambit love now after the show returned than before. People really hated he died but loved the way he went out. Which is good, in vacuum. Really great even.

Still for me this season has been disappointing because it showed me how good it could have been. Going in I had my expectations at roughly XTAS but with better animation. Just some fun every week.

I knew DeMayo was not a big Gambit fan but I hoped he was indifferent and that others in the writing room would be tasked with writing his parts. This was also when I thought it would be a less compact show with more space to breath. Motendo not withstanding.

But instead he had a more active part in the process and Remy was picked to die to fuel other plots. Which is a shame because I never gelled with Rogue’s plot. Probably because she was so isolated, almost no one except talked about Remy dying. Not even Magneto, one would think he would make it part of his grand speeches. Alas it was probably also left on the cutting rooms floor…

Rogue had a lonely plot. Magneto, Scott and Jean had to much focus. It never really felt like an ensemble show for me. Still probably a 7/10. It just sucks because it had to work hard to not rise higher. It really took some determination from the creators to stay at 7.
    I would give it 7.5. And certain not a lot of focus on Gambit or Romy but Gambit clearly had the highlight of the season and Beau was wrong. Episodes 8-10 did not outdo Episode 5. So for all his love of Mags, Professor, Jean and Scott I think social media and views will provw that Episode 5 was the pinnacle of Marvel animated shows.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I noticed that too, people were REALLY rejoicing over that tease at the very end. Really happy for them. For me, I just wanted a little more...

Rogue quoting Gambit was a nice touch when she beat up on Bastion.
    I wanted to like that but it felt fake. Not that Rogue wouldn’t feel angry, but it was more artificial. I think it would make more sense if Bastion even acknowledged Gambits death but he didn’t care, he didn’t know who he was. So it felt like Rogue was trying to hard. Trying to make it personal. Also it happened so early that we all know it wouldn’t lead anywhere. Nah the big moment instead went to Scott. No one was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I would give it 7.5. And certain not a lot of focus on Gambit or Romy but Gambit clearly had the highlight of the season and Beau was wrong. Episodes 8-10 did not outdo Episode 5. So for all his love of Mags, Professor, Jean and Scott I think social media and views will provw that Episode 5 was the pinnacle of Marvel animated shows.
    I would like to believe these thing factor in with why he was fired. But it probably was due to behind the scenes behavior. Still he took this project and raised it up, he just couldn’t get past his own personal biases it seems.

I wanted to like that but it felt fake. Not that Rogue wouldn’t feel angry, but it was more artificial. I think it would make more sense if Bastion even acknowledged Gambits death but he didn’t care, he didn’t know who he was. So it felt like Rogue was trying to hard. Trying to make it personal. Also it happened so early that we all know it wouldn’t lead anywhere. Nah the big moment instead went to Scott. No one was surprised.
    Yeah, it did feel a little forced, like the writers/DeMayo saying, "See? See? Justice for Remy!" I did appreciate the fact she kept referencing Gambit, but it didn't hit as hard as in ep 7. No one else seemed to care.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    He is a disingenuous person. He has been laughing at us all the time. Romy fans being the most vocal fans and campaigning to get this show back for years, since TAS was the only good adaptation we had and now he has destroyed that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    After this season, my trust in him is below zero

Apparently killing Gambit, destroying Rogue, and shoving Rogneto down our throats is the best story they could come up with for our lovebirds

We need more women in the writers' rooms
    YEP. Fuming mad. Episodes 8-10 were nothing but dissapointing. And he's full of lies.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I also still don't understand Rogue's arc.
    spoilers:

forget about her arc, I don't understand her character at all

first she dances with Magneto, but then she chooses Gambit
    she wants to avenge Gambit, but then she regrets that she “killed” Trask
    joins Magneto, and then she changes sides again
    fights Bastion #justiceforRemy, Cyclops gave a speech? all is forgiven
    literally every one of her decisions was reversed
    and if they restore the relationship between Magneto and Rogue (again!) and then between Gambit and Rogue (again!) .... aargh

Once again apologizing for my bad Engrish
    end of spoilers

Thought it made sense as is. It is only personal for Rogue not Bastion. Dude killed thousands of mutants why should he care about Gambit? Further he was at the gala so what is he going to say. "You should have remembered Gambit was at the gala and not made out with Mags in front of him and everyone."

Bastion is probably confused as to why she talking about Gambit and not Mags. He has no reason to know about Romy as Rogue insisted on it not being official so only the X-men would know.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-15-2024 at 05:56 AM.