Page 378 of 394 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 5903
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    beau will be hosting a watch along tonight with sunspot mom voice actor at midnight
    I hope she has an apology ready for her son lol.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post

well it’s kinda interesting she’s the only va that will appear publicly with him… next week we get the behind the scenes episode which I assume will have everyone involved with the show minus beau… so after today i expect multiple spoilers for next season or ideas that he wanted to include… hopefully things stay cordial going forward but i assume his quiet time is up
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I mean, considering they'll probably save the Earth and Roberto will realize the error of his ways, I'm curious to see what'll happen.

Where the heck is Emmanuel Da Costa? I gotta say, while I was open to this Jubilee romance despite it having no baring the comics, Roberto has some great canon stories, and his relationship with his father and mother were clearly defined, so I don't know what the heck they think they are doing here. He has been severely underserved this season.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Where the heck is Emmanuel Da Costa? I gotta say, while I was open to this Jubilee romance despite it having no baring the comics, Roberto has some great canon stories, and his relationship with his father and mother were clearly defined, so I don't know what the heck they think they are doing here. He has been severely underserved this season.
    In the Comics, he was an Overzealous Enterprise Suit, who had ties with the Hellfire Club, if I had to guess, he's swimming in a murky pond with suspect people, if he's still alive that is
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    In the Comics, he was an Overzealous Enterprise Suit, who had ties with the Hellfire Club, if I had to guess, he's swimming in a murky pond with suspect people, if he's still alive that is
    They could name drop that Emma knows Sunspot. This version's got ties maybe, but he's not in on it, he just knows people who are.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They could name drop that Emma knows Sunspot. This version's got ties maybe, but he's not in on it, he just knows people who are.
    maybe, his comic story was pretty through and through, Like Robertos mother in the show his father was ambitious and beholden to the wrong things, way back when, during clarmounts era he was the only member that was human and without any superpowers, in the Hellfire club he took the name of the 'White Rook" his ties to the club soured his marriage and family relationship,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

42/43 mins wow
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

spoilers:
    Whelp, Apocalypse and Deathbit basically confirmed. Not sure how I feel about the episode, felt almost too neatly wrapped up but I did enjoy it overall.

Also holy hell this episode was cameo-city.
    end of spoilers

Great finale, no notes

Sad that a few characters were left out of the epilogue for some reason, but I guess it’s a waiting game!
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 05-15-2024 at 01:56 AM.

One of the most messy episodes of the bunch. Hmm, I wish they had landed this thing better. Lots of cool little moments, but not as elegant as Remember It. More like a grab bag. Unfortunate. Overall the show did well, but it peaked early. Now that I've seen the whole thing I'd rank the episodes from Best to Worst:

5.Masterclass, I hope they win the Emmy.

2.Excellent. Teamwork, speeches, artful editing, devastating consequences.

1.Upon further consideration, the action is so great and it's so fun, it ranks highly.

7.Novel storytelling approaches for this series, but it works. Rogue is amazing, the Prime reveal scary! Jet-setting, big emotions, character development, good stuff!

3.Impressive adaptation of a lot of content, well animated, fun and emotionally resonant.

4.Best Jubilee and Mojo anywhere. Fun 90's and video game references. LifeDeath wonderfully adapted, love the redesign for the Adversary!

8. Getting into Bastion's story was effective here, Summers family drive was cute, the nanobot activation was so scary, "Magneto was Right" while he EMP's the world was intense, but we're starting to get a little wonky with all these plots and beats.

9. Cute costume changes and retro gear, love the space station/jungle backdrops, Jean vs. Sinister was slick, but underwhelming depiction of the EMP'd world/the consequences of it, Storm's return is a bit soft, they could have animated that adamantium scene a bit, and overall the narrative is unwieldy.

10. Lots of cute cameos and little moments, but ultimately just too all over the place, nothing lands correctly and too much time is spent on Charles/Magnus, the future plot points are somewhat interesting but it's a wonky set up. We'll be waiting over a year to know what happened to Wolvie, Storm, and Morph.

6.Biggest misfire of the season for me, the Adversary/LifeDeath/Storm's powerless period just wasn't adapted at all. Shocking really. And while Deathbird's "Milky Way ghetto" might be the line of the season, overall the Shi'Ar stuff didn't land for me, and Xavier's lecture on colonialism was just completely tone deaf coming from him.

Overall I give the show a B+. Definitely had potential to be an A+ from the first half, but several misfires in end bring down the average for me. Still very good, but room for improvement.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

They finally released the clip on YT for Ep. 10. I like all the MU cameos but I was so excited to see Cloak and Dagger. I wasn't expecting them. They have a special place in my heart.

Final was very messy and not good, really. Very dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Final was very messy and not good, really. Very dissapointed.
    I agree. They didn’t stick the landing IMO. We didn’t even get to see the bone claws, so I definitely felt robbed there.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    One of the most messy episodes of the bunch. Hmm, I wish they had landed this thing better. Lots of cool little moments, but not as elegant as Remember It. More like a grab bag. Unfortunate. Overall the show did well, but it peaked early. Now that I've seen the whole thing I'd rank the episodes from Best to Worst:

5.Masterclass, I hope they win the Emmy.

2.Excellent. Teamwork, speeches, artful editing, devastating consequences.

1.Upon further consideration, the action is so great and it's so fun, it ranks highly.

7.Novel storytelling approaches for this series, but it works. Rogue is amazing, the Prime reveal scary! Jet-setting, big emotions, character development, good stuff!

3.Impressive adaptation of a lot of content, well animated, fun and emotionally resonant.

4.Best Jubilee and Mojo anywhere. Fun 90's and video game references. LifeDeath wonderfully adapted, love the redesign for the Adversary!

8. Getting into Bastion's story was effective here, Summers family drive was cute, the nanobot activation was so scary, "Magneto was Right" while he EMP's the world was intense, but we're starting to get a little wonky with all these plots and beats.

9. Cute costume changes and retro gear, love the space station/jungle backdrops, Jean vs. Sinister was slick, but underwhelming depiction of the EMP'd world/the consequences of it, Storm's return is a bit soft, they could have animated that adamantium scene a bit, and overall the narrative is unwieldy.

10. Lots of cute cameos and little moments, but ultimately just too all over the place, nothing lands correctly and too much time is spent on Charles/Magnus, the future plot points are somewhat interesting but it's a wonky set up. We'll be waiting over a year to know what happened to Wolvie, Storm, and Morph.

6.Biggest misfire of the season for me, the Adversary/LifeDeath/Storm's powerless period just wasn't adapted at all. Shocking really. And while Deathbird's "Milky Way ghetto" might be the line of the season, overall the Shi'Ar stuff didn't land for me, and Xavier's lecture on colonialism was just completely tone deaf coming from him.

Overall I give the show a B+. Definitely had potential to be an A+ from the first half, but several misfires in end bring down the average for me. Still very good, but room for improvement.
    I was prepared to disagree with some points but I think you got it right. :Thumbs up:

It looks like late autumn/early winter 2025 for season 2. So 1,5 years wait.