Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    It's funny how comicbook fan nostalgia fan works sometimes. I don't think most people in the mid aughts were especially keen on Milligan's run or happy about Gambit becoming one of Apocalypse's new Horsemen—but now that it's being adapted for a cartoon two decades later, people are like GAMBIT IS DEATH LET'S GOOOOO.

In the reverse: I wonder how many new-ish X-fans who were blown away by the three-parter are going to buy and read the Operation: Zero Tolerance collection and wish they hadn't.
    I wonder how many of them read Milligans run. Because back then there was a lot of hype for the premise. Gambit could make a cool horseman. But then it soured early, on how he was chosen, his powers, his lack of impact and gravitas. Well some liked Larrocas design.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I just want to say stealing Gambits iconic line and remixing it for Rogue isn't good writing. In fact the problem with this show is there is no creativity in it. It's all just remixes. Its meant to cater to nostalgia. If you take the references and cameos out the hype for this show would not be do high. I kinda skipped through the episode because I was bored.
    Agree with you. I was sighing loud at that part. It didn’t feel heartfelt or earned, just added on top to sound more then it is. Not unlike a remix. But I am notorious for disliking remixes

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Why did the episode completely ignore Rogue and Sunspot joining Magneto? I guess we have to assume they thought Magneto pulling the adamantium out of Wolverine a bridge too far I guess even though Rogue seemed fine with attacking her teammates. That just was not a good plotline.
    Both are highly traumatized and barely did anything evil.

Beau De Mayo clarified on twitter what Magneto was doing was simply leaving the earth in the stone-age, not actively killing the magnetic field despite some of the X-Men's comments, so it softens the narrative around them "turning". I do think they should have made that clearer in the show, though.

And X-Men attack each other all the time, Rogue and Sunspot were clearly holding back a ton in the previous fight, compare EP 9s fight to how viciously they attack Bastion in EP 10.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-15-2024 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Both are highly traumatized and barely did anything evil. Beau De Mayo clarified on twitter what Magneto was doing was simply leaving the earth in the stone-age, not actively killing the magnetic field despite some of the X-Men's comments, so it softens the narrative around them "turning".

And X-Men attack each other all the time, Rogue and Sunspot were clearly holding back a ton in the previous fight, compare EP 9s fight to how viciously they attack Bastion in EP 10.
    In this context, it will be funny if in the situation with Logan and Magneto they try to blame Logan for trying to kill him.

If Marvel are smart they would release an extended cut of the show as I suspect a lot of good content was left on the cutting room floor and the interest woukd probably be there to watch it.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    In this context, it will be funny if in the situation with Logan and Magneto they try to blame Logan for trying to kill him.
    Not them blaming Logan. T.T

Erik did still kill people with the EMP and needed to stopped, even if he hadn't completely lost his mind just yet.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I wonder how many of them read Milligans run. Because back then there was a lot of hype for the premise. Gambit could make a cool horseman. But then it soured early, on how he was chosen, his powers, his lack of impact and gravitas. Well some liked Larrocas design.

Agree with you. I was sighing loud at that part. It didn’t feel heartfelt or earned, just added on top to sound more then it is. Not unlike a remix. But I am notorious for disliking remixes
    I feel dead inside sometimes because I hate nostalgia I like getting new stuff. Lol. Call me horseman gripstir I guess

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    True, true. Maybe Apocalypse will only have Deaths in his Horsemen: Gambit, Wolverine, and Archangel. Who else has been Death?
    Off memory I think Caliban and I think Betsy i would have to check
    Hickman was right!!!!!!! Long live Krakoa

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Freaking amazing episode… buuut for the ending… should I be anxious/concerned about Jubilee and Sunspot being AWOL? I’m very worried that they will be written out of season 2 and just not show up. Or, is that not likely and they will be shown still, possibly forming another team(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I feel dead inside sometimes because I hate nostalgia I like getting new stuff. Lol. Call me horseman gripstir I guess
    Haha I am more nostalgic as a person. Still I am happy because this show has reignited interest in the X-men and in Gambit. I doubt I will watch season 2 every week when it comes out. Maybe I will have changed my opinion by then.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Freaking amazing episode… buuut for the ending… should I be anxious/concerned about Jubilee and Sunspot being AWOL? I’m very worried that they will be written out of season 2 and just not show up. Or, is that not likely and they will be shown still, possibly forming another team(s)?
    Cable is also AWOL.

Maybe a X-force team with Jubilee?

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Did you scream a little on the inside when Jubes went for Bastion's head in their fight?

I was so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Cable is also AWOL.

Maybe a X-force team with Jubilee?
    It's 90's perhaps Gen-X.

All-New Member

Storm once again sidelined. So glad demayo ain't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticcore View Post
    Sidelined is a strong word.

There was a lot going on but I think she was used properly in the mix.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    If Marvel are smart they would release an extended cut of the show as I suspect a lot of good content was left on the cutting room floor and the interest woukd probably be there to watch it.
    That's really not how animation works usually. What you see is what you got and there isnt anything else. They knew episode count and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticcore View Post
    Have fun not watching S2 then....