Page 196 of 221 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3312

You gotta laugh at some of the IWC sometimes.

People are really upset that Jey won clean to Ilja, as if WWE would just cut his gaining momentum and/or give a Gunther vs Ilja match for free on Raw.

Surely you'd think they'd know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    People are really upset that Jey won clean to Ilja, as if WWE would just cut his gaining momentum and/or give a Gunther vs Ilja match for free on Raw.
    Then maybe don't book the match to happen to begin with?
    Last Read: Black Hammer: Streets of Spiral

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Lilo & Stitch, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So by that logic, don't put other burgeoning up and comers like Tiffany Stratton in a big time EC match either?

It's helping Ilja not hurting him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I do like the WWE decided NOT to do what Cody seemed high on at Backlash. He wanted to face LA Knight. But Knight doesn't need to eat another loss in this situation. He already has gotten a reputation of never sealing the deal. (Maybe its long term grooming Knight towards Vegas Wrestlemania. A fact Cody claimed...we need to see who THE MAN is now.

The vignettes could have a very tweener Knight proclaim. "This company for years have rolled out the red carpet for every former star and looked over me ! Cody you were handed the glass ring the moment you returned while I had to bite , scratch and claw my way to the top ! You talked about FINISHING the story , well come Wrestlemania 41 , LA Knight's gonna kick that damn door open and BEGIN A STORY !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

You gotta laugh at some of the IWC sometimes.

Surely you'd think they'd know better.
    ^^^Yeah, it was a good match and the right finish.

So by that logic, don't put other burgeoning up and comers like Tiffany Stratton in a big time EC match either?

It's helping Ilja not hurting him.
    Not really apples to apples. There's a lot more ways to protect someone in a loss in the Chamber than a one-on-one match.

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Lilo & Stitch, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

criticizing tk booking of hangman against archer after he won the title and then suggesting joe go to a draw with hook after just winning the title in the same post was pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Should Hook have beaten Joe or even Jericho? Would it hurt Joe or Jericho of he beat them?
    he did beat jericho, beat him clean as a whistle too.

The answer is it would not have hurt them. Especially Joe as it was a one off and I can see him Losing to Jericho to further the story.
    As for wins and losses...Do you REALLY think Sean(1-2-3 Kid) beating Razor hurt Razor? And it catapulted Sean to the moon.
    So, Hook beating either of them would have helped A LOT and hurt neither. Fans love it when a Cocky guy gets their butt handed to them by an underdog.
    those 2 situations are completely different. razor hadn't just won the world title.

hook going to a draw or even beating joe could work fine, that was just not the time for it. joe needed to win as champ and the stronger he looked going into the match with swerve the better. probably gave hook too much offense to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Speaking of Umaga...Remember when Santino won against him in Italy? Vince asks for someone from the audience to get a beatdown from Umaga and Santino won...Do you think that hurt Umaga? Nope...

AS for Cena...Remember when Stone Cold wouldn't put over Brock? A bigger talent than ANYONE that Cena "didn't put over". Sometimes the talent knows a little more than the bookers and it's not like Cena was pulling a Hogan to protect himself.
    i remember lashley killed umaga and then draped santino's near lifeless body over him for the pin. if you think umaga losing cleanly to a randomly pulled out of the crowd santino wouldn't have hurt him idk what to tell you.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-14-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Why? Having a competitive match with Raw's top male babyface helps Ilja in the eyes of the fans. He was somewhat protected too since he hurt his arm and couldn't deliver his H-Bomb forearm finisher as effectively helping explain Jey kicking out of it. He main evented Raw in only his 2nd match as a member of the brand I don't see the negative in that at all. People are acting like Jey squashed him. Plus they clearly have plans for Ilja to face Gunther some other time which is why they crossed paths twice.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Plus they clearly have plans for Ilja to face Gunther some other time which is why they crossed paths twice.
    So then don't put one of them in the tournament so that one would have to take a loss in order to avoid that match. The tournament did nothing for Ilja. He had a victory over a guy that everyone beats, and then lost in round two. That loss being in the main event of Raw doesn't really mean anything when he was main-eventing NXT shows and PLEs as it's top champion barely a month ago.

So then don't put one of them in the tournament so that one would have to take a loss in order to avoid that match. The tournament did nothing for Ilja. He had a victory over a guy that everyone beats, and then lost in round two. That loss being in the main event of Raw doesn't really mean anything when he was main-eventing NXT shows and PLEs as it's top champion barely a month ago.
    Honestly came across as a thing Pat and Vince would do in the 90s with guys hot from excursions or a different promotion.
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Yeah, it was a good match and the right finish.
    I thought so also.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Why? Having a competitive match with Raw's top male babyface helps Ilja in the eyes of the fans. He was somewhat protected too since he hurt his arm and couldn't deliver his H-Bomb forearm finisher as effectively helping explain Jey kicking out of it. He main evented Raw in only his 2nd match as a member of the brand I don't see the negative in that at all. People are acting like Jey squashed him. Plus they clearly have plans for Ilja to face Gunther some other time which is why they crossed paths twice.
    Precisely.

Putting the guy in the tournament, giving him a push on a main event on your flagship show with one of your top guys and also laying down the seeds for a program with another top talent did nothing for Ilja? I disagree man.

Putting the guy in the tournament, giving him a push on a main event on your flagship show with one of your top guys and also laying down the seeds for a program with another top talent did nothing for Ilja? I disagree man.
    I'm not saying he's buried or damaged goods or anything. I'm saying it was bad booking to put them in that position to begin with, where he had to take the loss in order to avoid doing Gunther/Ilja on free TV. He also shouldn't be taking a loss in his second match on the main show. That's why the have mid and lower card wrestlers, so he can punch up some wins for a month or so before moving on to their top talent.

Stratton has an IG story with her punching Jade and the audio is Brandi saying black bitch.

Yikes.
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Stratton has an IG story with her punching Jade and the audio is Brandi saying black bitch.

Yikes.
    Oh hell no.

man i just can't see uso as a main event guy, but he's over like rover so that's all that matters i guess.

i got mixed feeling on the uso/dragunov thing. for the most part i don't think losing to the guy most likely to win the whole tourney really hurts him at the same time it was only his 2nd match on tv and that seems pretty early to start doing jobs.

i hope they have some plans for dragunov, i'm a big fan since watching that wxw 16carat tournament he won in 2017.