Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I agree that this episode felt a little too messy and was just packed with too many side-plots that didn't go anywhere or had enough time to breath. It is a joy as a long-term comicbook fan too see so many different comicbook storylines meshed together but at the same time it is just too much and indeed feels messy at times.

Jean Grey's Phoenix moment for example felt so random. They could at least give her the Phoenix powers for the rest of the episode. It probably will relate to Mother Askani who may send the Phoenix to Jean from the future to save Nathan?

The set up for season 2 was pretty amazing. Already like a "best of" of Apocalypse storylines we love (and hate!).

Still, season 1 was a wonderful ride with gorgeous moments throughout!!! I just wished they wouldn't have pushed too much into it and stayed with certain storylines just a little longer.
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-15-2024 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Cable is also AWOL.

Maybe a X-force team with Jubilee?
    I think Cable, Morph, Storm, and Wolverine might all still in the present.

It would explain or lean towards this future

I also think that is how we get Horseman Wolverine with Horseman Gambit, so Wolverine can get his metal back.

At the pacing this show moves it will all happen in a span of an episode.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    There's an alternate version of Logan that was in a relationship with Hercules, so it's not unprecedented.

By that logic of alt versions, Logan of XTAS is not bi. Not the main 616 version either.

Love the set up for Apocalypse in past, present, and future. He’s a richer character than he was back in his 90s genocidal-madman heyday and they could do some really neat stories with him as antagonist.

So beautiful,every single Moment...even the music, for a Moment almost cry.
    I was sooo scary when Kurt flights bastion... For a Moment i m scared for Kurt s Life

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Both are highly traumatized and barely did anything evil.

Beau De Mayo clarified on twitter what Magneto was doing was simply leaving the earth in the stone-age, not actively killing the magnetic field despite some of the X-Men's comments, so it softens the narrative around them "turning". I do think they should have made that clearer in the show, though.

And X-Men attack each other all the time, Rogue and Sunspot were clearly holding back a ton in the previous fight, compare EP 9s fight to how viciously they attack Bastion in EP 10.
    Oh ffs. If that's your intent, Beau, then write the show that way. Don't have every character say "we have twelve hours until the earth diiiieeees". Your Xhitter account isn't canon.

If I have any pet peeve about the show, it is that the writers are so inconsistent. The stakes, the characters and their motivations and decisions, the narrative flow seem to change wildly from episode to episode. They needed a really good editor to do a full read for consistency.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 05-15-2024 at 06:22 AM.

Its funny how nostalgia works because I remember the era of comics when Gambit was made into a horseman of apocalypse
    I was young but it was a incredibly hamfisted and ill thought out moment meant to cap off a character being buried and put into limbo. Even the design and powers felt tacked on and barely explained compared to other Horseman transformations.

But now you see those same fans who were probably not Gambit fans at the time(I know I was) celebrating yet another reference to deepest lore when ironically this should be the last storyline for Gambit that his fans should want referenced or even touched upon.
    If anything prepare for a season of him being a joke or whipping boy(He is not going to be a intimidating villain) while Rogue spends yet another season with Magneto because Demayo has shown his hand in that regard imo

I feel like the highpoint of this season was ep 5
    The writing just never touched that highpoint again and the emotional moments just failed to hit because the pacing was not appropriate for the speed of all the storylines being run through

A very good fan will be critical of this shows issues and not just blindly champion it for being the only good marvel show in the last 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    So beautiful,every single Moment...even the music, for a Moment almost cry.
    I was sooo scary when Kurt flights bastion... For a Moment i m scared for Kurt s Life
    Me too.
    Mainly because of Second Coming's Bastion design.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wanda and Pietro being off-world has been confirmed by Beau to be the Avengers in space during Operation Galactic Storm.
    yet Iron Man and Cap were on earth at WH... I figured that the 'my team' cap was talking about to rouge WAS the avengers.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Love the set up for Apocalypse in past, present, and future. He’s a richer character than he was back in his 90s genocidal-madman heyday and they could do some really neat stories with him as antagonist.
    I really liked that too. Krakoa made me love Apocalypse and I'm eager to see that complexity making the move to the animated show.

I liked the finale a lot. It had good drama and tons of fun action scenes.

I agree, though, that a bunch of the characters got lost in the narrative (since episode 5, tbh) and it really shows in episodes 9 and 10. Like I previously said, there's a lot of care given to Jean and Cyclops' characterizations and development while the others (Storm, Rogue, Wolverine) only get checks on their plot points without too much thought.

Storm especially had a really bad showing since her return.

Let's hope next season is more balanced, but honestly I doubt it. The fact that the Phoenix made an appearance and that Beau seems laser focused on this whole Jean as Nathan's true mother thing should tip us.

Fantastic Member

I think Wolverine, Storm, Morph, and Gambit will most likely be Apocalypse's Horsemen in the present timeline.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    please lets this be the new team for atleast half of season 2. i knew they’d swap rosters!
    Dust, Emma, Magik, Exodus, Forge, Bishop, Havok, Iceman... sounds great
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Exactly for this��

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Me too.
    Mainly because of Second Coming's Bastion design.

Exactly for this ��

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    yet Iron Man and Cap were on earth at WH... I figured that the 'my team' cap was talking about to rouge WAS the avengers.
    do they show them before the 6 month time skip? cuss that can explain that
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.