Page 121 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I was really confused why she didn't blast Bastion when he was standing in front of her and even choking her, rudely interrupting her monologue. I expected lightning eyes to zap him.

Only good moment with her was her laugh at seeing Jean become Phoenix. Just a laugh...where was her Phoenix moment with Bastion? There was no reason Storm couldn't free herself and the rest of the X-Men.
    i was expecting her to go full Elemental Wraith mode from when she emerged from the water, or pretty much anything of grand Omega measure, I'm not feeling how she didn't even get to fight Bastion, only sentinels

and Ororo laughing in the grand show of her Bestie's power was great, you know what would be great? too, if Jean could do the same and watch Ororo eviscerate her foes
    "Goddess be Praised"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    i was expecting her to go full Elemental Wraith mode from when she emerged from the water, or pretty much anything of grand Omega measure, I'm not feeling how she didn't even get to fight Bastion, only sentinels

and Ororo laughing in the grand show of her Bestie's power was great, you know what would be great? too, if Jean could do the same and watch Ororo eviscerate her foes
    We didn't see her rise from the water either which was red flag number one. I was waiting to see that only to see Bastion had already collected all the X-Men like toys he was picking up offscreen.

After Jean turned back to Marvel Girl and dropped, that should have been the scene where Storm takes her place and unleashes her full power on the prime sentinels since we were promised that EMP pulses would knock them out...but never got it.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lol he's done a lot for the franchise, and even storm imho, so Imma give him a pass. he's also actually a very, very nice guy too! but I do hope he's able to do more for her next season.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

What worries me is that S1 is the season he said he viewed as having Storm as a co-protagonist with Cyclops. Now I'm wondering who the protagonists of S2 are supposed to be because there's no guarantee it'll be Storm again.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    What worries me is that S1 is the season he said he viewed as having Storm as a co-protagonist with Cyclops. Now I'm wondering who the protagonists of S2 are supposed to be because there's no guarantee it'll be Storm again.
    Yeah, I'm baffled how he thought she was a co-protagonist when it's clear that it's Cyke and Jean. The only explanation I can offer is maybe he thought LifeDeath was going to hit harder, but it was essentially a dud. Storm peaked in episode 2, was benched for much of the season, and did nothing and made no impact at all when she returned. She certainly wasn't done the worst in the season but if I'm being honest, I don't think she was done well at all.

All-New Member

I'll say it here since no one else seems brave enough to. I don't want Beau Demayo involved with xmen 97 anymore. He's done Storm wrong and sidelined her most of the season. "Omega level threat detected" scene are just lip service to shut fans up. Compare Storm in The Animated Series first season where she was THE main character along with Wolverine compared to this one where she's ones again relegated to throwing lightning and a few tornadoes. Demayo doesn't even get creative with her powers. So glad he's not involved for season 3.

Fantastic Member

I have to admit, I was a little baffled by the under utilization of Storm in the final episode as well. I feel like almost every other character got a moment but her. It almost felt like she was super powerful, lost her powers, left, and came back philosophically whole but a shell of her former self power wise. Right when I thought they were going to let her unleash, the reason with Bastion lol. It seems they are setting her up to be a horseman of Apocalypse for season two though. But yeah, she was off the table for so many episodes, I am not sure how Storm was considered one of the main protagonist by Beau. It was basically the Scott/Jean and Charles/Magneto show. Not necessarily bad but surprising given the previous statement made about Storm. Perhaps the most surprising was how minor Wolverine felt as well.

And please don't tell me that there were cool Storm scenes in this one too but that they got cut for time lol.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticcore View Post
    I'll say it here since no one else seems brave enough to. I don't want Beau Demayo involved with xmen 97 anymore. He's done Storm wrong and sidelined her most of the season. "Omega level threat detected" scene are just lip service to shut fans up. Compare Storm in The Animated Series first season where she was THE main character along with Wolverine compared to this one where she's ones again relegated to throwing lightning and a few tornadoes. Demayo doesn't even get creative with her powers. So glad he's not involved for season 3.
    He didn't treat her like piece of sidewalk. She started strong, ended mediocre but far from any character assassination.

I was expecting more from her in the finale which sucks but far from the worst.

Also let's not act like his predecessor will automatically do above and beyond with her

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah, I'm baffled how he thought she was a co-protagonist when it's clear that it's Cyke and Jean. The only explanation I can offer is maybe he thought LifeDeath was going to hit harder, but it was essentially a dud. Storm peaked in episode 2, was benched for much of the season, and did nothing and made no impact at all when she returned. She certainly wasn't done the worst in the season but if I'm being honest, I don't think she was done well at all.
    Speak the truth, shame the devil.

As a Storm fan this series was not bad but I was underwhelmed after episode 2.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

That episode wasn't good. Storm deserves better than that.

Incredible Member

She’s not even apart of the MCU yet and is already trending on Twitter with over 100K tweets. Oh Storm you’ll always be famous
    IMG_4275.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He didn't treat her like piece of sidewalk. She started strong, ended mediocre but far from any character assassination.

I was expecting more from her in the finale which sucks but far from the worst.

Also let's not act like his predecessor will automatically do above and beyond with her
    The problem is that she was sidelined the entire season for no real reason and he personality seemed off. She was too hopeful, where the rage? Where is her grief? Where are the things that make her storm compared to the first few seasons.?

All-New Member

Naw I'm not gonna settle for less and be happy with crap. We were told Storm would be the main character this season along with Cyclops. Well the Cyclops part was right. Storm got done dirty in xmen evolution & wolverine and the xmen, looks like shes getting the same treatment in xmen 97.. sorry but we gotta speak up.

I hope fans are going in on Demayo on Twitter. I WANT ANSWERS as to why Storm was treated as an after thought.
    Last edited by Galacticcore; 05-15-2024 at 08:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticcore View Post
    Naw I'm not gonna settle for less and be happy with crap. We were told Storm would be the main character this season along with Cyclops. Well the Cyclops part was right. Storm got done dirty in xmen evolution & wolverine and the xmen, looks like shes getting the same treatment in xmen 97.. sorry but we gotta speak up.

I hope fans are going in on Demayo on Twitter. I WANT ANSWERS as to why Storm was treated as an after thought.
    I hope so too, he's earned it.