Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Honestly, everything has felt downhill and progressively more dissapointing for me after episode 5.

Also ... talk about a total rewrite for Magneto. No Onslaught and getting turned to heroic by Charles instead. Not going the Planet X route or Fatal Attractions route apparently but making up the story he wants. You can't just "reverse" the damage of an EMP. More implied AoA & Rogneto makes me want to barf. It would be an insult to fanfic to call this fanfic, but can definitely tell who the favorites of this writer were and were

I am frankly just annoyed, unsatisfied and don't care a lick about S2 right now.
    Yeah I felt maybe I didn't understand EMPs when he asked him to reverse it but apparently Magneto was destroying the earth or something? I mean I guess?

And yeah, I do feel like I see why Beau was hated by so many Witcher fans. He had a solid concept but I hate his writing choices. Hickman again

Mighty Member

They didn't stick the landing at all this episode and it wasn't even that hard to do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What I didn't like of the episode was well Phoenix sadly, it's cool and all but it felt like a ridiculous plot device moment, why would she just remove Sinister's botox and not just atomize both him and Bastion.
    I also hated Storm being sidelined. She barely did anything in this finale, what the hell , also Magneto got forgiven a little too easily.
    I feel like doing what they did with Sinister hurts his main villain potential. A main villain has to be kinda cool, showing Sinister like that just makes him embarrassing and not threatening at all

So this episode pretty much confirmed that Jean was most likely switched with Maddie in the season 4 finale. The fact that she could power up as Phoenix means that she was Phoenix in season 3, not Madelyne

This episode had a lot going on? Yes! But this is the show’s formula since episode 3 so we are used to it by now. I don’t get all the complaint. I learned to appreciate it and not fight it. Because all in all, this was an outstanding season full of action, heart, high stakes and amazing characterization.

It’s normal, with a huge roster, that some characters shine more than others. But I sincerely feel like all X-Men shown here were highly respected. This season was Magneto, Jean, Scott, Rogue, Professor and Storm’s show to a degree.

This episode was amazing for me: The team dynamics were great, we had amazing individual moments for everyone, Bastion was a great villain, we got tons of cameos and a very exciting ending and setup for next season. I’m super glad they didn’t do Onslaught and instead are leaning heavily on Apocalypse.

My guesses for season 2:
    -Morph, Wolverine and Storm could turn out to be Horsemen next to Gambit but I would much rather like if they are in the near future where Apocalypse rules, the AOA. And the Horsemen turn out to be all mutants that died in Genosha: Gambit and 3 of Banshee, Maddie, Dazzler, Callisto, Shaw, Marrow…
    - Next season would have 4 timelines:
    1. ancient Egypt with Professor, Magneto, Rogue etc
    2. Present day (more on that)
    3. AOA with Storm, Morph and Logan
    4. Far future with Scott, Jean, Nathan and Askani
    - In present day I guess we could have:
    1. Forge and Bishop time traveling to find the X-Men.
    2. At the same time Emma, Jubilee, Iceman, Sunspot etc could be running the school: Gen X/ Hellions mix up.
    3. Cable decides to form X-Force with Domino, Psylocke and Archangel to try and shut down Apocalypse’s ascension like in Remender’s Uncanny X-Force’s run.

My only tiny complaint would be that Betsy was not featured in Forge’s poster in the end. Would have loved her there instead of Exodus or Dust as it would had made me feel more confident she would come back in season 2. But they keep showing her so I have hope.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    That "Don't you dare break her heart" line was pathetic and cringe, Scott dude, Jean is YOUR wife, if Logan dying would break her heart maybe you should move on and divorce her.
    if my wife's brother or best friend died it would break her heart... especially if we didn't do everything we could to save him. As much as I love the ENM of Kraokoa era, this was at best a nod and wink to that... this was a normal thing to say.

Cyclops is not afraid of or intimidated or jealous of logan.. he is secure.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

As quick as this show moves, I'd imagine all the X-men are back together for the first or second episode of season 2.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I've always suspected that if Apocalypse was introduced, his Horsemen would be mutants who died on Genosha, like Gambit (Death). Maybe Maddie and Dazzler or Callisto. There's also the possibility of Wolverine as War...not dead, but suffering.
    Oh god Goblyn Queen as pestilence or famine is a terrifying idea... love it
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I've always suspected that if Apocalypse was introduced, his Horsemen would be mutants who died on Genosha, like Gambit (Death). Maybe Maddie and Dazzler or Callisto. There's also the possibility of Wolverine as War...not dead, but suffering.
    Maelyne was vaporized though so I think its unlikely that she would be used. The others had bodies which are easily able to be recovered and revived

I'd personally like to find out how Cap got his shield back after Rogue threw it all the way to Hell. LOL.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I really liked that too. Krakoa made me love Apocalypse and I'm eager to see that complexity making the move to the animated show.

I liked the finale a lot. It had good drama and tons of fun action scenes.

I agree, though, that a bunch of the characters got lost in the narrative (since episode 5, tbh) and it really shows in episodes 9 and 10. Like I previously said, there's a lot of care given to Jean and Cyclops' characterizations and development while the others (Storm, Rogue, Wolverine) only get checks on their plot points without too much thought.

Storm especially had a really bad showing since her return.

Let's hope next season is more balanced, but honestly I doubt it. The fact that the Phoenix made an appearance and that Beau seems laser focused on this whole Jean as Nathan's true mother thing should tip us.
    Demayo is a jean fan and has a phoenix tattoo. So expect more of the same in season 2. Season 3 he is no longer apart of. I'm not happy with how they treated Storm this season. She got sidelined. I want demayo out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'd personally like to find out how Cap got his shield back after Rogue threw it all the way to Hell. LOL.
    a long time searching...

I have to ask this... if I'm understanding this correctly, the reason Wolverine played a lesser role in this show was because of his prominence in the movies, yeah? Ok, so explain the Magneto wank. Didn't he also play a big role in all the X-Men movies(even the ones Wolverine wasn't in)? Magneto gets so much focus in this show at the expense of others(Storm, Gambit, Beast, Bishop, etc.) and yet everyone is ok with it. Speaking of Magneto wank, apparently he's more powerful than the combined might of Storm, Jean, and Rogue while injured. With that said, I still love the show(the animation team is killin it), but I won't miss that Beau Demayonase(however you spell his name) contributions on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Im pretty sure he has multiple shields

Another great episode. Don't think there was an episode i disliked out the bunch. Especially a great show if you just go with it's flow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/