Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

It was kind of funny that the team spent all that time trying to use their own powers to stop the asteroid, when Rogue could have just absorbed Magneto's powers and done it pretty easily. I hope she gets to use her own powers more in the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It was kind of funny that the team spent all that time trying to use their own powers to stop the asteroid, when Rogue could have just absorbed Magneto's powers and done it pretty easily. I hope she gets to use her own powers more in the second season.
    How is she going to absorb it when it's been shown she can touch him. Even if she could it would be jarring after that dance show and kiss they put on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How is she going to absorb it when it's been shown she can touch him. Even if she could it would be jarring after that dance show and kiss they put on.
    ? The same way she absorbs everyone else

Demayo has his favorites like every writer
    Jean and Madeline were not amazing this season so its clear liking someone doesn't make you a good writer with said character though
    Scott however shined this season
    I still think Magneto was utterly useless for the majority of the season and jobbed more than he helped
    If we are being kind I think Storm, Gambit, Rogue, and Wolverine were the most popular characters this season and still got hit by awful pacing or being shoved into the background

The same writers championing Wolverine's lack of prominence are making all the same mistakes with other characters
    The correct thing should be balance

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ? The same way she absorbs everyone else
    So they had all those moments where she could touch him without absorbing his powers and then she just randomly touches him and absorbs his powers? How does that even make sense. Would the time even be there to be all "Well he has to actively be trying to stop her (despite her surprising him with a kiss.)" for her to then just absorb him. Seems pointless and more like just for a moment than it making sense to the story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I have to ask this... if I'm understanding this correctly, the reason Wolverine played a lesser role in this show was because of his prominence in the movies, yeah? Ok, so explain the Magneto wank. Didn't he also play a big role in all the X-Men movies(even the ones Wolverine wasn't in)? Magneto gets so much focus in this show at the expense of others(Storm, Gambit, Beast, Bishop, etc.) and yet everyone is ok with it. Speaking of Magneto wank, apparently he's more powerful than the combined might of Storm, Jean, and Rogue while injured. With that said, I still love the show(the animation team is killin it), but I won't miss that Beau Demayonase(however you spell his name) contributions on this show.
    That's another thing I have an issue with that the fox movies also had a problem with. Stop pushing magneto so much. He's not a main xmen character. Focus on other villains. Demayo straight up lied. I'm glad mama Demayo is gone too.

So they had all those moments where she could touch him without absorbing his powers and then she just randomly touches him and absorbs his powers? How does that even make sense. Would the time even be there to be all "Well he has to actively be trying to stop her (despite her surprising him with a kiss.)" for her to then just absorb him. Seems pointless and more like just for a moment than it making sense to the story.
    It was my understanding that it was a conscious effort on his part that allowed an electromagnetic shield to disrupt her powers. The guy is knocked out so I dont think she'd have that issue

I have to ask this... if I'm understanding this correctly, the reason Wolverine played a lesser role in this show was because of his prominence in the movies, yeah? Ok, so explain the Magneto wank. Didn't he also play a big role in all the X-Men movies(even the ones Wolverine wasn't in)? Magneto gets so much focus in this show at the expense of others(Storm, Gambit, Beast, Bishop, etc.) and yet everyone is ok with it. Speaking of Magneto wank, apparently he's more powerful than the combined might of Storm, Jean, and Rogue while injured. With that said, I still love the show(the animation team is killin it), but I won't miss that Beau Demayonase(however you spell his name) contributions on this show.
    Not just the movies. Wolverin plays a major role in everything and that includes the past cartoons as well. The fact of the matter is that Magneto was core to the story arc being told this season in a way that Logan just wasnt. I dont think the same story could be told with Magneto getting a reduced role
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2024 at 08:44 AM.

It was my understanding that it was a conscious effort on his part that allowed an electromagnetic shield to disrupt her powers. The guy is knocked out so I dont think she'd have that issue
    Probably not but it makes little sense. JMO. Seem like it would be more to just give rogue a moment and deflate the drama. Also most who have only watched the show i am sure would have questions. It was never made apparent magneto was doing anything to allow himself and rogue to touch.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Demayo has his favorites like every writer
    Jean and Madeline were not amazing this season so its clear liking someone doesn't make you a good writer with said character though
    Scott however shined this season
    I still think Magneto was utterly useless for the majority of the season and jobbed more than he helped
    If we are being kind I think Storm, Gambit, Rogue, and Wolverine were the most popular characters this season and still got hit by awful pacing or being shoved into the background

The same writers championing Wolverine's lack of prominence are making all the same mistakes with other characters
    The correct thing should be balance

This is what I was trying to say in my previous post. No excuse for what they did, or rather didn't do with Storm and others on this show. Hope it balances out better next season.

Yeah, he was unconcious, so he wouldn't be able to put up the energy shield. I'm mostly joking; this ending absolutely worked for me, but it was an interesting observation.

The more I think about this episode the less I like it
    "Magneto lives" f-ing srly? I rolled my eyes so damn hard at that phrase
    thank god they fired Beau DeMayo, I don't need another season of jerking off to the "great and wonderful Master of Magnetism Magneto"

Quote Originally Posted by Galacticcore View Post
    Demayo is a jean fan and has a phoenix tattoo. So expect more of the same in season 2. Season 3 he is no longer apart of. I'm not happy with how they treated Storm this season. She got sidelined. I want demayo out.
    Same. DeMayo just threw a bunch of stuff together haphazardly. And a lot of it was stuff from the 90s that I didn’t care for the first time around. The show peaked at Episode 5. I thought the three part finale started strong, but got worse with each episode.

Was kind of intrigued by Wolverine with the bone claws, I’m not gonna lie; but of course we never even saw that. Instead we just got a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    The more I think about this episode the less I like it
    "Magneto lives" f-ing srly? I rolled my eyes so damn hard at that phrase
    thank god they fired Beau DeMayo, I don't need another season of jerking off to the "great and wonderful Master of Magnetism Magneto"
    Ha. Between that and all the Jott wank I lost interest as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Not just the movies. Wolverin plays a major role in everything and that includes the past cartoons as well. The fact of the matter is that Magneto was core to the story arc being told this season in a way that Logan just wasnt. I dont think the same story could be told with Magneto getting a reduced role
    TAS - Everyone got focus on the original show and it wasn't as Wolverine focused as internet ppl claim. Just because he was in the most episodes don't mean he was the main character.
    Movies - Sure, but so did Magneto.
    Wolverine & the X-Men - Sure.
    Anime - was more Cyclops focused if anything.

As for Magneto' story arc in this show, it should've ended last episode(at least for this season). They should've let him stay comatose for the entire episode and let the X-Men save the day.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Was kind of intrigued by Wolverine with the bone claws, I’m not gonna lie; but of course we never even saw that. Instead we just got a mess.
    wen it comes to X-MEN it’s dam if u do dam if u don’t

they basically came close to killing him in ep 9. they weren’t gonna show him up and fighting again the next episode. if they did ppl would have complained about that.. save bone claw for next season. wolverine wasn’t missed in the finale imo or as a main character in the show
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I wasn't a fan of the blatant Magneto fanboyism from the showrunner, would've been way cooler if the X-Men managed to stop the asteroid by themselves instead of Magneto doing it effortlessly while everyone else combining their powers couldn't do anything about it. He also said that he wanted to adapt AOA because Rogue and Magneto have a baby... the fact that Rogue was more important to Magneto than his children was weird as well.

The season was good but there are some strange decisions and if Beau DeMayo being fired means that the show will stop being Magneto and The X-Men, then I'm glad he's gone.