Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Rachel being only Jean's daughter (with Phoenix) is a Claremont idea. However, it has never really been confirmed in comic pages.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decides to confirm the idea of Rachel being only Jean's daughter, since they have promoted Jean, Rachel and Hope connection with Phoenix.
    maybe but I think I like Rachel having summers DNA myself... but they could
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Hmmmm...if they ever get out of the WHR, what's stopping them from resurrecting Hope? Did the new Phoenix somehow stop resurrection? Before, they used Synch as a standin for Hope, also Tessa/Sage is a synergist (a forgotten power she has). Why can't they technically bring Hope back? I would think they'd have to kill Egg/Goldballs or Proteus in order to completely kibosh resurrection.
    All the 5 were left behind in the white hot room... which is weird to me. If youretaking all the active trained fighters, i would think they'd take the girl who can freeze time, the omega level reality warper and the omega level biokinetic with them.
    I mean, love surge and the cuckoos and mystique, but... we could have ditched one or two of them for someone more useful (do we really need all 5 cuckoos, we did pretty well with 3, just leave 2 in the WHR)������

Also, second big question.
    Why are they complaining about only having tubers to eat? Isn't proteus sitting right there? And they confirmed his powers work in the WHR. So why can't he turn the tubers into fried chicken???

Annoyed about hopes death. I hope she appears in the upcoming jean solo. I hope the whr colony appear. Since the whr is the mind/heart of the phoenix, then phoenix jean should be able to communicate with them.

Or is the hungry baby phoenix going to eat all of them.... i wouldn't be mad at that ����

The only child Jean actually conceived was from a lesbian hookup �� take several seats Scott and Logan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    I miss something ...its arakko a things now o Will be erase in the ashes?
    Arrako is still around post Krakoa's fall, we don't know how its going to be used.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

DAE pick up on that line where the Phoenix says it needs to feed? That might settle the question of what's going to happen to Krakoa, and the 250K.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

I mean, its a possibility, but again it doesnt really mesh with the tone of their last pages here. Plus it would be a weird taint to mar Jean/the Phoenix with right before beginning an era where they're heavily marketing her as a cosmic hero and not someone who's like, guiltridden over being the one to snuff out the lives of the very people she was devoted to saving. I definitely think the Phoenix feeding on the 250K mutants in the WHR, at least in any way that actually kills them, is the least likely of all options IMO.

She does need to feed on something, it seems. I just don't think it'll be on them. Sentinel City's likely to look more appetizing to her.

Ah, Jumbo is in the White Limbo Room. That explains the costumes for the next era.

Keep safe the five and atlantik krakoa in whr could be a escamotage if "the ashes" dont works, so we have all the elements to "krakoa" era in "limbo" ready for and hipothetical restart. Ok we havent Hope, but why the five cant rebirth her? They yet made in the past, sooo...we LL see

Maybe it's because of the art, but I find that death page kinda underwelming, though.

RIP Hope. You were a pretty good character.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I love how diffenr site call it a mystery 17 years in the making or that its a big deal ot whatever. But the Pheonix has always been behind creating Hope. I have yet to reqd myslf bus was it expl a ned qhy they had to recreate the Phoenix. And are theyvsaying it was Phoenix but it was time traveling Jean with the power of Phoenix?
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Keep safe the five and atlantik krakoa in whr could be a escamotage if "the ashes" dont works, so we have all the elements to "krakoa" era in "limbo" ready for and hipothetical restart. Ok we havent Hope, but why the five cant rebirth her? They yet made in the past, sooo...we LL see
    from your mouth to editorial ears... a democratic krokoa with telepathic clarity and a homeland for all mutants to claim and visit, even as many still live else where... a country like wakanda, and latviria, and Atlantis. Keep the Xmen,force and factor off there, have them "fight for the world that hates and fears them" but give them someplace to retire and send no active members
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    from your mouth to editorial ears... a democratic krokoa with telepathic clarity and a homeland for all mutants to claim and visit, even as many still live else where... a country like wakanda, and latviria, and Atlantis. Keep the Xmen,force and factor off there, have them "fight for the world that hates and fears them" but give them someplace to retire and send no active members
    Best last words ever: "On it."

Goodbye Hope. I will miss you

Also was it just me or did anyone else think Sinister was talking to Selene at the start? It wanst until the word destiny was mentioned, that I realized it was Destiny

Anyone notice that Louise called Jean, fiery hair? Firehair was the name of the Phoenix of Avengers 1,000,000 BC

Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2024 at 03:44 PM.

Sigh.. is that it? Bye Hope, best x -char in years.

Jean describing Hope as someone that "swears a lot" was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The X-books never change.
    Perpetual sacrifice of the new to save the old.
    For real.
    Last edited by Antarctic; 05-15-2024 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    This issue is something. Idk what has happened to Gillen but its written horrible. Jean seems so emotionless and more like a plot device. What has happened to Jean Gillen wrote in AXE.

Hope’s death was shallow af.

Jean once tell hope she can’t kill phoenix and a few moments later jean tells hope to kill phoenix?? ��

Jean being phoenix or phoenix creator makes post new xmen phoenix stories kinda dumb, especially AvX.

So why hope hunted phoenix with a big legion gun?
    This is my main gripe with the issue! Also the remaining 5 staying in the WHR but NOT being there for Hope’s death seems like a huge missed opportunity. Also very dumb because they pretty much all have abilities that can be used for combat outside of resurrection protocols. I GET needing to write the 5 out for the next era, but at least give them a proper goodbye and emotional scene with their leader to justify their impending banishment to limbo.

Extraordinary Member

I appreciate Gillen for trying but part of me hopes that the amount of disappointment I feel about the scene means it is not the end of her.