Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

ok now i need to know who the artist and writer are for Dazzler

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...from-the-ashes

My head-canon is still that Wind Dance is all media savvy now because she died and was resurrected in Mojoworld. Like Nanny and Orphan-Maker’s Amenth resurrections. But, you know, MojoWorld-y instead of violent.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...from-the-ashes

Let the music play!

With the fall of Krakoa, the X-Men’s dream of coexistence has never felt more impossible. Luckily, mutantkind’s very own pop princess has a song that will unite the masses—and paint a big target on her back—in an all-new DAZZLER comic bok limited series! From rising Marvel star Jason Loo (SENTRY, INFINITY PAWS) and extraordinary Marvel newcomer artist Rafael Loureiro, DAZZLER will launch this September as part of the X-Men’s new From the Ashes era!

No stranger to headlining, Alison Blaire enjoyed a successful solo career outside the X-Men in the 1980s with the fondly remembered and long-running DAZZLER series. Now, she’s back to inspire a whole new generation, spreading a message of love and acceptance one sold-out show at a time.

Her tour is for everyone, but backstage, Allison is joined by a crew of fellow mutants: head of security Domino, personal guard Strong Guy, one-man roadie Multiple Man, drummer Shark Girl, and expert publicist Wind Dancer! Anti-mutant fervor has never felt more personal, but anyone who tries to dim Dazzler’s light will just have to face the music!

Out and proud as a mutant and back on the road! Dazzler, Marvel’s glittering mutant songstress, has been in and out of the limelight over the years—but now the time has finally come for her to take center stage! Dazzler embarks on a new world tour, the culmination and celebration of her entire musical career. But while Dazzler may be ready to focus on her music, her celebrity-mutant status and a violent attack may sideline the entire endeavor before it’s even begun…

"Rafael and I are giving everyone backstage access to the greatest show of the decade: the Dazzler World Tour!" Loo said. "Sounds exciting? Not for Dazzler when she’s facing tons of pressure from all sorts of people trying to cancel her shows. But she’s not going down without a fight."

"Ever since I can remember, I've been crazy about two things: music and drawing comics. To think that I would be able to combine both passions in my Marvel debut is beyond my wildest dreams. Not only that, but with such an amazing X-Men character as Dazzler—I absolutely had to jump at the chance!" Loureiro shared.

"When I read Jason’s script, I kept thinking to myself, 'Oh, I'm gonna have so much fun with this!' Now, Dazzler has a special place in my heart, and I can almost hear her singing inside my head with every page that I draw," he added. "I'm honored to be a part of this project, bringing her into the spotlight for all readers and lifting her to her rightful place as a super star!"

Each issue of DAZZLER will also feature all-new song lyrics from Ali’s notebook!

"Get ready to sing along to some new, original songs off of her new album!" Loo added. "Some of them may be about her exes."

After Lift was cute, so I'm ok with the writer. I hyped my self a bit much with Rowell.
    Loureiro seems a bit fan, judging by his insta. His art looks cool and dynamic, so happy with him too.
    The cast sounds COOL. I just realised Loo wrote those Unlimited issues with Madrox and Strong Guy, so it makes sense to use them. VERY happy with Wind Dancer ! Her ties to MojoWorld will probably be used.
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 05-15-2024 at 10:29 AM.

This feels like it was supposed to be an Unlimited series. Strange roles for Domino and Jamie, and Shark Girl always seems random. It's a no for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This feels like it was supposed to be an Unlimited series. Strange roles for Domino and Jamie, and Shark Girl always seems random. It's a no for me.
    And don’t think they’re strange roles.
    Every mutant is now trying to reintegrate in normal society post-Krakoa.
    So of course a few go work for Dazzler on a goodwill World Tour.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-15-2024 at 10:45 AM.

I wonder where this world tour will be. They could've go further with worldS tour, and have her on different... worlds lol

This feels quite Taylor Swift-y with the lyrics and exes.

Without any surprise, nothing new, it's still a story of a dazzler who wants to make music but who sees anti-mutants without taking to her and preventing her from doing her concert because she's a mutant like the first series...
    and domino who goes from x-force to head of security of a concert... another regression in this "new era" of further heating on the part of brevoort.

brevoort said there were too many x-books with random teams during krakoa, what does he think of the casting of this series so lol
    I like dazzler and I had read the first series but to see the same thing again no thank you but happy for Sofia hoping that she does not die for the mutant misery...
    Last edited by mugen; 05-15-2024 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Sample Rafael Loureiro artwork from other efforts...
    More samples, including sequential panels available here

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-15-2024 at 10:51 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Oh. It's just a mini
    I don't know enough about the creative team to really get excited. I do like the supporting cast, except for Shark Girl. I love that Wind Dancer is included.

No new costume?

Hopefully she wears a bunch of tour outfits each issue. Kinda need Shark Girl and Domino gone.

Extraordinary Member

Well, different planet World Tours is already Lila Cheney’s schtick. And alternate universe World Tours is already Spider-Gwen’s.

Should've been a maxi series , love Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Sample Rafael Loureiro artwork from other efforts...
    More samples, including sequential panels available here
    That looks really good. If her son and his boyfriend show up, I might check it out.

Awesome. Love Dazzler...she's always one of my go-to characters on any "make your dream X-Men team" thread (and sometimes non-X-Men teams too). Can't wait to see this!