Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He doesn't, it's famously unique. Iron Man probably had to go retrieve it for him.

Roberto only took his codename in this episode, I'd expect his roll call shot to debut in season 2 episode 1.
    He's only had one appearance in this series and thats not something that was stated. I think its easy enough to buy that he has multiple and/or he had another remade. Even in the comics, he's had his shield broken several times and there are have been mulitple Caps at one time so to think another couldnt have been made would be a odd position to take

As to the second comment. Thats still lame. The season seemed like it was building up to this being a moment and it didnt happen. I also thought Forge would get added and he didnt

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Yes. All the people I've seen hating the show are just weird stans who are mad their favorite was either mistreated (in their opinion) or not used enough (or at all). Only liking one character sounds like a rough way to live.
    My major complaints about it are narrative pacing, consistency and lack of pay-off for set-up they do. Those three issues affected one of my favorite characters in Rogue more than anyone else, but they weren't unique to her.

If you think about the two or three big beats last episode, they were basically hand-waved away this episode. Magneto rips out Wolverine's adamantium, and no one sees it as him going too far. Rogue's still yelling for Erik, and Xavier is still trying to reason with him.

Likewise, Rogue and Sunspot's betrayal of the team doesn't have any repercussions. She's back to lecturing them about how Gambit would want everyone to live (even though she was burn them all last episode) and Sunspot is back to making time with Jubilee.

And, most egregious of all, did the earth have twelve hours to survive (as multiple characters said), or was it just going to be a somehow permanent technological regression that people would survive? And why would Magneto just let himself get talked into saving the earth a few hours after shattering it with that EMP?

I don't think I'm an unintelligent viewer missing subtleties. I just think there are massive gaping holes in plot and characterization in the service of Shocking Moments and Cool Feats.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    this is what i want to know about… are a lot of ppls opinions online based on their favs not getting the showing they wanted
    For sure it influenced me, but also remember they didn't make a new show, they exploited nostalgia knowing thats what we wanted. They used the theme song and everything just to character assassinate a lot of characters for the sake of plot. I'm a character Watcher not a plot Watcher. Some people love good events (that's fine btw) but I'm someone who will see a big event and be like meh if I'm not into the characters in the scene. So I think not being able to cheer for characters is actually a solid reason to not like something. Others just want to see how stories unfold and the characters are secondary. I think fans just need to realize criticism of plot or character is valid criticism. Especially if the show's whole marketing strategy is about you wanting to see these characters.

I just want to remind you the final shot of the first trailer. Gambit and Wolverine team up to take down a sentinel with Gambit charging Wolverines claws. Just for both of them were almost completely non consequential in the ending of this season. So yes that is straight up false advertising. You have to take into account Wolverinebaiting and Gambitbaiting
    Last edited by Gripstir; 05-15-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its funny how writers can without skipping a beat write Magneto being in love with someone he mentored like Rogue but then those same writers will without fail criticize Charles for lusting after Jean. These characters are the same age just apparently morally held to different standard

I do find it hilarious how stupid scenes like this play out when Magnus has had 2 whole wives and 3 kids but somehow Rogue is the clearest picture in his mind and not a silhouette.

Oh and evil Magneto has been mind wiped away so he won't have to deal with the consequences of killing so many with his EMP(apparently no one died it was a miracle according to demayo)

I could go on and on about this shows use of Magneto
    Well hospitals do have generators so I thought that argument was always moot. Pacemaker and plane arguments I'm not so sure about

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Well hospitals do have generators so I thought that argument was always moot. Pacemaker and plane arguments I'm not so sure about
    We literally saw in this episode that the hospitals didn't have energy

Wouldn't the emp damage the generators too

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    So beautiful,every single Moment...even the music, for a Moment almost cry.
    I was sooo scary when Kurt flights bastion... For a Moment i m scared for Kurt s Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Me too.
    Mainly because of Second Coming's Bastion design.

Omg I kept thinking this too! I did want to see Kurt use his technique of bamfing away parts of Bastion's armor like he often does in the comics. That would have been cool.

Overall I'm very pleased and I bet a rewatch of the whole season would be very satisfying. It's completely different from watching '92 since it's so serialized and much more movie-like. The voice actors (and writers!) are giving their ALL.

As for the finale, the few things I would have liked to make it a bit cleaner:

- Magneto just has a bandage lol. Maybe could have shown him using his powers to close his wound or something. Could have happened in like half a second as he emerged from his coma.

- Really just wish we got a hint of Madelyne being alive somewhere in this 3-part finale.

- There should have been one beat of the team reacting to what happened to Logan. If it came from Rogue, it would have been perfect. Also should have shown someone pulling Mag's helmet off of Xavier.

- The captured Gold Team should have had collars on because Storm not doing anything was stupid.

- I wish Jubilee had been shown making Bastion's particles start going atomic instead of the close range move she did. It just wasn't convincing that he'd let her get that close haha.

- And biggest thing: How are they just flying around outside of Earth's atmosphere to the moon and back like it's nothing. Come on SCIENCE guys!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

- And biggest thing: How are they just flying around outside of Earth's atmosphere to the moon and back like it's nothing. Come on SCIENCE guys!
    Like I said earlier, Jubilee should have been dead. i can buy Roberto's powers protecting him but flying from space down to Earth seems like a stretch for someone that doesnt have much experience with his powers nad never pushed it that far

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    We literally saw in this episode that the hospitals didn't have energy
    Which is a debatable topic. A lot of places have Faraday cages around their generators to protect them from emp.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wouldn't the emp damage the generators too
    Some are built to survive but even if damaged you can manually start a lot of them. Some use Faraday cages to disburse emp waves

I began sweating the moment Kurt started going after Bastion.

I wish someone would have addressed how Magneto managed to survive the devastating blast the wild Sentinel hit him with in “Remember It”.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I wish someone would have addressed how Magneto managed to survive the devastating blast the wild Sentinel hit him with in “Remember It”.
    plot armor I think
    three wounds from Wolverine don’t bother him much either

When I saw the youthful El Sabin Nor from 3000 B C, what struck me how much he looked like the youthful El Sabin Nor from X-Men Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Like I said earlier, Jubilee should have been dead. i can buy Roberto's powers protecting him but flying from space down to Earth seems like a stretch for someone that doesnt have much experience with his powers nad never pushed it that far
    Yeah they should have had that happen after they breached Earth's atmosphere. Would have been cleaner.

The whole asteroid scene needed a different look. It should have been barrelling towards Earth and been much more massive looking since it was described as several cubic miles large. It did not look dangerous at all when it was in the sky towards the very end.