Page 141 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3023
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Doesn't leading a nation make you a politician?
    It's a weird grey area. X-Men in general deal with politics to develop change for mutant kind, but with Scott, I don't think he was ever officially seen as a leader of a nation. He led the X-Men on Utopia, but it never really developed from there. I don't think they ever had official sovereignty.

I guess you could argue most X-Men are politicians in a way.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's a weird grey area. X-Men in general deal with politics to develop change for mutant kind, but with Scott, I don't think he was ever officially seen as a leader of a nation. He led the X-Men on Utopia, but it never really developed from there. I don't think they ever had official sovereignty.

I guess you could argue most X-Men are politicians in a way.
    Storm is much better at politics imo. Cyclops is better on the field, he's a military commander while Ororo is a diplomat.

So the X-Men '97 finale...

When I saw the spoilers:
    Don't you dare break her heart
    end of spoilers scene, I was like "f#$k this sh$t!".

But the rest of the episode was so sooo good. Everyone got their moments. This is how you write an ensemble cast.

I still think they need to make Cyclops' optic blasts more powerful. I mean, Jubilee was doing more damage than him. But that's a problem with all mediums and I have no clue why his blasts are so nerfed these days.

And I can't believe I'm saying this. But Logan was done dirty this entire season?! I would never have imagined in my wildest dream that spoilers:
    Wolverine would be knocked out for the entire finale of an X-Men show. And his last dialogue would be again just pining after Jean.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, awesome finale. Great hook for next season. Just go and watch it if you're an X-Men fan. Also, lots of cool cameos.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So the X-Men '97 finale...

When I saw the spoilers:
    Don't you dare break her heart
    end of spoilers scene, I was like "f#$k this sh$t!".
    I just finished the episode and was debating weather or not to say how much I loved that line... but here you said it, and I LOVE it.
    But the rest of the episode was so sooo good. Everyone got their moments. This is how you write an ensemble cast.
    better then many comics and most of the movies...
    awesome finale. Great hook for next season. Just go and watch it if you're an X-Men fan. Also, lots of cool cameos.
    I especially love the story it appears will be the scott story... based on the mini form the 90s
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Fantastic Member

Storm is much better at politics imo. Cyclops is better on the field, he's a military commander while Ororo is a diplomat.
    I agree with this 100% and I'd add Jean as well. Scott is the ultimate planner. The master tactical genius I think we'll see it next season for sure.

That line was horrible and cringe, really.

I disagree, Scott was great at politics as shown during the San Francisco/Utopia era.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Honestly, I don't think any X-Man is particularly good at politics, but that's more the nature of superhero comics and the overarching narrative of the X-Men, in particular.

Scott at least understands politics, he worked alongside San Francisco's mayor, hired a PR agent to help with the way humans see them, is great at public speeches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    I agree with this 100% and I'd add Jean as well. Scott is the ultimate planner. The master tactical genius I think we'll see it next season for sure.
    I'll also add that, particularly Jean. My hope when they co-led the team was for her to be the face, being the political lead representing Krakoa and he as the field leader, strategizing on th battlefield

https://twitter.com/KongoZande/statu...54572865659104

This was my favorite scene of the show, it was pretty rushed but at least Scott and Cable got some nice bonding moments and imo Scott and Magneto are probably the only characters with an actual character arc so I can't complain much about his treatment.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I still think they need to make Cyclops' optic blasts more powerful. I mean, Jubilee was doing more damage than him. But that's a problem with all mediums and I have no clue why his blasts are so nerfed these days.
    I agree 100% , I want a blast through a mountain or get off my lawn moment!

That being said, I think Cyclops falls into an old writing trope/problem:

If a character is powerful, then they must be unskilled. (This way writers can have drama of the character missing, causing damage to innocents etc...)

If a character is weak then they can be skilled. (This way the writers can have villains defeat the character or have the character fail due to just lacking power).

This is particularly true for characters like Cyclops who have their powers always available.

(Note: Jean, Storm, Super-Man and similar characters have an even worse version of this especially as their powers are more versatile).

Most time writers will just 'forget' how powerful these characters should be or more rarely show them as missing or making mistakes.

While I agree, I think it's important to note,

Neither Storm or Scott lack skill/ability in their respective weak spot.

Storm is an great/excellent at tactics.

Scott is also great/excellent at politics/diplomacy.

It's just that they are better in their respective fields.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I disagree, Scott was great at politics as shown during the San Francisco/Utopia era.
    Scott at least understands politics, he worked alongside San Francisco's mayor, hired a PR agent to help with the way humans see them, is great at public speeches, etc.
    Yup basically my point.

Scott is the master tactician of the X-Men but he is savvy enough in politics as well.

He is. But I prefer him to be more active on the field.

He is THE planner. Imo only Batman comes close

https://twitter.com/KongoZande/statu...54572865659104

This was my favorite scene of the show, it was pretty rushed but at least Scott and Cable got some nice bonding moments and imo Scott and Magneto are probably the only characters with an actual character arc so I can't complain much about his treatment.
    This was my favorite scene as well. Cyclops is really a good looking man, shame he has to hide most of his face behind a visor lol.
    I can't complain either, love both Cyke and Mags and they seemed to be the most competent characters of the show.