Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    If you look at social media (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), X-Men '97 has been receiving near universal praise, and its Rotten Tomatoes score is almost perfect. It also has trended #1 every single week when an episode drops.

Hardcore fans are always the hardest to please (just look at Star Wars), and this forum is nothing but hardcore fans. This forum isn't a good representation of the general audience.
    But you also gotta remember this show pulls in less viewership than Echo did. So the pool of casual views aren't that high

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    But you also gotta remember this show pulls in less viewership than Echo did. So the pool of casual views aren't that high
    Yeah that surprised me. I thought this show had great numbers. It was just this week I actually checked and it was a small chock. Still it’s renewed, up to 3 seasons. If I remember correct 3 seasons is some limit for Disney, it will take much more to approve a season 4 then a season 3. Ducktales for instance ended after season 3.

Ouch I thought it was a big hit, but tbh I'm not surprised since casual audiences tend to see animated shows as beneath them.

Animation has a much smaller budget than live action, so the show is still a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    He did that in response to the X-Men founding his mother. His mom even said that he was expecting them to come later.
    Maybe Im slow but I still dont understand. Bastion had Magneto before the X-men even knew he existed, let alone found his mom

I’m still mad over that Scott line, why did they have to ruin all the progress they made with their relationship just to suck off Logan? It also makes Scott look extremely pathetic and Jean just terrible, why would Logan’s death break her heart? Logan is just a teammate who’s always antagonizing her husband, did DeMayo think that Logan and Jean’s relationship is romantic? Because it’s not and a husband telling the creep who’s been hitting on his wife that shit is just pathetic, it was also completely unnecessary, they had to go out of their way to add it.

You can’t possibly expect to make the dude who’s hitting on a taken woman sympathetic, he wasn’t as creepy this season but going after someone who’s already in a relationship is disgusting, not something to be celebrated, much less by the husband of said woman.

I’m glad DeMayo is gone because some of his ideas were just garbage, the season didn’t need the love triangles, neither of them, Gambit got just like 5 minutes and the rest of his screentime was about the love triangle, it also made Magneto more unlikeable, and didn’t do Rogue any favors either, all the characters who were part of a love triangle were worse because of the love triangle, it didn’t serve the narrative in any way.
    Last edited by NearlyEnough; 05-15-2024 at 01:22 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I’m still mad over that Scott line, why did they have to ruin all the progress they made with their relationship just to suck off Logan? It also makes Scott look extremely pathetic

this isn’t the fox movies. logan can’t steal a girl from cyclops. scott not worried about that in the slightest
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    this isn’t the fox movies. logan can’t steal a girl from cyclops. scott not worried about that in the slightest
    Doesn't really matter, Jean having feelings for Logan makes her look terrible and completely ruins her relationship with Scott, and Scott knowing and not minding makes him look pathetic. They try to sell us that their love is this super special thing but it's not true at all, if it were, Jean would only have romantic feelings for Scott and not the guy who's always antagonizing him.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Was I the only one who was actually SCREAMING and jumping on my seat as stuff was happening? OMG I am Phoenix! OMG Daredevil! OMG Magneto lives! OMG Morph professing their love to Wolverine! OMG Mother Askani! And so many more. It was exhausting really.

Peter found Mary Jane!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    They had better show us how! Come on Marvel is a 30-45 minute Spider-man special to much to ask for?
    The original showrunners' idea was to reveal that MJ had been sent back in time to Victorian London. So... a perfect opportunity for her to team up with Irene Adler and Raven Dark(Sherlock)holme against... Essex? Moriarity? Jack the Ripper? It would make for a fun filler episode with Peter and Madame Web finally appearing at the end to pick her up

Speaking of Mystique, did anyone catch the Graydon Creed callout? The news reporter said he was gaining in polls versus President Kelly thanks to anti-mutant sentiment, so Raven is definitely out there keeping an eye on Creed (if she's not POTUS Kelly himself)
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-15-2024 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Animation has a much smaller budget than live action, so the show is still a hit.
    Yeah, Disney seems really happy. And it seems to have a smaller budget than The Bad Batch and is performing much better. Poor Star Wars.

But does it cost anywhere near as much to produce as Echo? If it is turning a profit (by whatever metrics a streaming show uses) that makes it a success no matter what the total viewing numbers are. And that is what matters to the suits at the top.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    But does it cost anywhere near as much to produce as Echo? If it is turning a profit (by whatever metrics a streaming show uses) that makes it a success no matter what the total viewing numbers are. And that is what matters to the suits at the top.
    Also like Percy Jackson, echo was released on Hulu too. So can't really compare those three considering xmen97 is top three and only was on one platform speaks volumes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I wish someone would have addressed how Magneto managed to survive the devastating blast the wild Sentinel hit him with in “Remember It”.
    I believe it was because of Bastion, he has teleporting powers and he was on Genosha during the attack. I believe Bastion wanted Magneto alive for two reasons, symbolically speaking he represents mutankind so having the leader of the mutants with a collar during his meeting with world leaders is a strong message to send and also a way to comunicate he has Magneto under control but remembering Bastion speech about needing humans to go from apathy to hate and anger again without feeling pity for mutants, he needed something to push things along, while he had Magneto he made him heard about all the victims on Genosha on repeat, so he wanted to break him but also enrage him.

Magneto stopping the prime sentinels stoped Bastion´s plan for a moment but also had the consequence of putting more pressure on relations between humans and mutants so it was going to be easier for him to openly sell the idea that making mutants their slave work force was neccesary and the less of two evils and for Magneto seeing world leaders being ok with that was his breaking point but also the EMP was pretty much the only thing that saved the X-men and mutants worldwide from being taken in custody or killed by Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    plot armor I think
    three wounds from Wolverine don’t bother him much either
    Yes, the plot armor is strong in this one but also in the original Fatal Attractions he also stabbed him and still had enough energy to stay on his feet and attack Logan back, so my guess is that Logan didn´t manage to hurt an important organ and in the first series, after Fabian Cortez tried to kill him both in comics and X-men TAS, the Earth´s magnotosphere healed him.

In comics Magneto can turn himself, his body, from pure energy back to a physical form, he doesn´t do this often except when he is dying or using his powers too much but everytimes he does this he gets healed and even looks younger than before. This happened again on Magneto resurrection, he had a younger body when he came back to life. He is like a walking E = MC2

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Was it ever explained why Bastion kept Magneto alive? He didn't need Magneto to further divide mutants and humans since he already activated his prime sentinels for the war.
    He already convinced the world leaders to make slaves of mutants but convincing the rest of the world of this and also of becoming prime sentinels themselves needed a little more promting, at least acording to his speech. My guess is that he expected Magneto to get himself free at some point but he didn´t expect him to be able to do a world wide EMP because he never did that before. He expected Magneto to try to stop his plans but didn´t know he could put a stop at world level to his prime sentinels.

Peter found Mary Jane!!!
    I loved to see this, even if both look so worried

I agree with the criticism of some plot points feeling rushed but this was true of earlier chapters as well and this chapter beggining with Charles once again being able to attack Magneto without showing how he got to take off Magneto´s helmet was a mistake in passing, he either took it off when Magneto was focused on Logan or Rogue or some of the others did it.

Xavier using his powers to give Magneto a quick therapy sesion to heal his psyche wasn´t just about forgiveness, he knew President Kelly was going to activate the Magneto protocols sooner or later, he was told exactly this so he knew he and the X-men needed Magneto to stop Asteroid M from falling into Earth when the nuclear bombs made contact with it.

Something similar happened in comics during Claremont´s last X-men story, Asteroid M was falling down and Magneto decided to stay on it to make it fall in a controlled way and make it explote before it made contact with earth atmosphere, to give the X-men time to get off it. The Acolytes choose to stay with him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-15-2024 at 02:14 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Doesn't really matter, Jean having feelings for Logan makes her look terrible and completely ruins her relationship with Scott, and Scott knowing and not minding makes him look pathetic. They try to sell us that their love is this super special thing but it's not true at all, if it were, Jean would only have romantic feelings for Scott and not the guy who's always antagonizing him.
    Jean and Scott's love has overcome an insane amount of obstacles and has never been smooth sailing (like any comic book relationship). Your reaction to the situation says more about you than the characters. You feel incredibly insecure about romantic relationships that aren't like a fairy tale and feel that love for one negates love for another.

Jean loves both Scott and Logan, but she chose Scott. She married him (twice in the show). She had a family with him. Scott knows this and isn't worried about it. He also knows that Logan dying would make Jean incredibly sad, and despite their antagonistic relationship, Scott is also his friend. Why wouldn't he say everything he can to motivate Logan to live?