Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Don't love the idea of she and Thor on the same team --- too much overlap. But I think she deserves a spot. Maybe they can lose Thor and bring in Hercules or Wonder Man to mix things up a bit.
    Or this can show why they dont overlap. Thor has Mjolnir and Storm can do more than just throw lightning. They have enough in their disposal that they dont have to be written the same in terms of abilities

I'm okay with it...certainly not my first choice but I could see it working. The redundancy of her and Thor's abilities does seem a bit odd, but maybe McKay has something in mind. And I'm 100% onboard with disliking that (almost) all of the team have ongoings. I want members who can grow as characters in the book, not window dressing whose greatest developments are elsewhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Welcome to the team Storm.

Very nice.

False advertising
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I'm more excited that Valerio Schiti is taking over the art than Storm joining. I like Storm though and I am interested to see what MacKay does with her. I really do not like that cover though.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm more excited that Valerio Schiti is taking over the art than Storm joining. I like Storm though and I am interested to see what MacKay does with her. I really do not like that cover though.
    Seriously???? Oh man I love his work!

As for Storm, she definitely deserves a spot on the Avengers and I am excited for it, however I have to echo what others have said...do we really need both Storm and Thor on the same team? Maybe due to whatever is going on in his book, Thor takes a leave?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Thor and Storm's abilities/value to the team don't actually overlap that much, unless you're only looking at them on a very basic level.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe she'll rekindle her romance with T'Challa?
    Goddess! I sincerely hope Jed MacKay has more interesting plots than to retread that stale, tired cliché of a relationship. That ship sailed out of the harbour, encountered a cat-5 hurricane, got caught in a whirlpool, then attacked by a Kraken, hijacked by pirates, drifted onto a reef, foundered and sank.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Thor and Storm's abilities/value to the team don't actually overlap that much, unless you're only looking at them on a very basic level.
    Exactatiously. They both don't just throw around lightning and control storms.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Wasn't she like briefly on the team before AvX or something? Either way this is a interesting choice...even though if they are saying the mightiest of mutants that is obviously Jean...but this could be cool. Thunder and lightning is going to be very powerful with these Avengers.
    Earth's mightiest mutant would be Storm since Jean is in space so it works out.

Goddamn. The queen has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'm okay with it...certainly not my first choice but I could see it working. The redundancy of her and Thor's abilities does seem a bit odd, but maybe McKay has something in mind. And I'm 100% onboard with disliking that (almost) all of the team have ongoings. I want members who can grow as characters in the book, not window dressing whose greatest developments are elsewhere.
    Agreed. I was really hoping that McKay would start rotating characters with their own solos out and bring in some B and C tier characters that can use the exposure and development. But I am excited to see Storm on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Don't love the idea of she and Thor on the same team --- too much overlap. But I think she deserves a spot. Maybe they can lose Thor and bring in Hercules or Wonder Man to mix things up a bit.
    I just hope they don't use Storm to outshine Thor. Thunder GOD should mean something.
    On a positive note, if confirmed, the news of Valerio Schiti taking over the art chores sure excites me much more than the addition of Storm to the line-up, since the, IMHO, lacking artwork has always been a problem I've had with this run.

Peace

I’ve thought the art on the series has been fine, though obvious Schiti is a step up. I just think McKay’s villains have been consistently dull.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 05-15-2024 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’ve thought the art on the series has been fine, though obvious Schiti is a step up. I just think McKay’s villains have been consistently dull.
    Schiti coming on the book makes my frigging week!!! Love his Tony Stark/Iron Man. He handled Tony in Tony Stark/Iron Man, Empyre and Judgement Day spectacularly. This is definitely a step up.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark