Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Default Spider-Man is going Back in Black with VENOM WAR: SPIDER-MAN

It's been a while since Peter was involved in Venom-related shenanigans, although not that long since he wore a black suit.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/15/ex...-spider-man-1/
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I love the idea of Peter rebonding with the symbiote and actually liking it this time...art by Greg Land though...oof.

But hey...hopefully this means he isn't working on Chasm: Curse of Kaine lol

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I love the idea of Peter rebonding with the symbiote and actually liking it this time...art by Greg Land though...oof.

We can only hope.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

black suit lets go wonder which side of the war he will be on. IM going to assume Eddie cause he has no relationship with Dylan havent met him once during his venom run. What a bad uncle
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    black suit lets go wonder which side of the war he will be on. IM going to assume Eddie cause he has no relationship with Dylan havent met him once during his venom run. What a bad uncle
    They met during Absolute Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They met during Absolute Carnage.
    yeah and Peter still hasnt reunite with Dylan during Dylan Venom run.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

yeah and Peter still hasnt reunite with Dylan during Dylan Venom run.
    Oh, you mean the current run. For some reason I thought you meant the Donny Cates run on Venom.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Y'know, I don't wanna be that guy because I always thought Marvel would have time to announce their (supposed) Chasm plans with Curse of Kaine, which... we weren't told was a mini series, one shot or... something, but Land WAS attached to that, and yet we already have another project where Land also is attached to and still no word on a prior project he was supposed to draw? At this point, even I have to say something is off here.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Oh, you mean the current run. For some reason I thought you meant the Donny Cates run on Venom.
    yeah during Cates run the relationship between Peter and Eddie was a thing of beauty. Also during ASM gave us a raw image of Peter beating Carnage-Norman. But that relationship hasnt been non existed.

v42b1dbkbjr31-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

yeah during Cates run the relationship between Peter and Eddie was a thing of beauty. Also during ASM gave us a raw image of Peter beating Carnage-Norman. But that relationship hasnt been non existed.
    Well, here is hoping the next writer after Wells isn't so hellbent on completely ruining Peter's relationships and instead opts to enhance and strengthen those relationships like Spencer and Cates did.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 05-15-2024 at 06:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's been a while since Peter was involved in Venom-related shenanigans, although not that long since he wore a black suit.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/15/ex...-spider-man-1/
    Before ‘Back in Black’ in 2007, it was REALLY rare for Spidey to don the black suit. I think he only wore scraps of it during the Clone Saga when his normal suit was ruined. Now it seems he dons the black suit at least once a year, which imo makes it less special when he does.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

Sadly, to me this indicates Chasm: CoK has either been cancelled or delayed indefinitely. I’d take a Land drawn Chasm mini over none at all.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

.... chains?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... chains?
    maybe its symbolic of Peter finally breaking free of his reservations of the symbiote?

Astonishing Member

Peter looks pretty happy, I guess he really likes wars