Page 143 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It didnt make sense to me why jean had to hold his optic blasts with her powers considering it was just an astral projection and he hadnt really taken of his visor
    I think they were physically in the same situation as they were in the astral plane, kinda like talking to someone via video call.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    It's the visor that makes him iconic, otherwise he's just your average brown haired guy in comics. For me part of his appeal is that no one actually sees how his eyes react to different emotions, that's why they think he's cold and stoic.
    Yes, without it, he's very hard to distinguish from your average joe. Which I guess is true for some of the other unmasked characters as well like Peter Parker, Clint Barton, Steve Rogers, etc.

BANNED

I might be forgetting this but earlier on in this season, was there a scene where Jean (or Maddie) held back Scott's optic blasts with her power?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I might be forgetting this but earlier on in this season, was there a scene where Jean (or Maddie) held back Scott's optic blasts with her power?
    I don't remember it happening outside of the last episode. Then again, I have to rewatch this entire season

Edit: I think Maddie did hold his powers in episode 3

BANNED

I don't remember it happening outside of the last episode. Then again, I have to rewatch this entire season

Edit: I think Maddie did hold his powers in episode 3
    I clearly need to rewatch the whole series then too if I can't remember a pivotal moment like this.

I clearly need to rewatch the whole series then too if I can't remember a pivotal moment like this.
    True, it's better to do so. It's worth it anyway

BANNED

I was reading the original script for X-Men: The Last Stand last night after the series finale. It proves that Cyclops really was the leading character in the original script. Pretty much every scene that Wolverine has in The Last Stand was given to Cyclops first, including all the beats with Jean. What's more, he had some epic moments exclusive to him which I shall recount below.

When Xavier dies and Storm and the rest of the team want to close down the school, Cyclops is the one who says no, Xavier would never want that. The school needs to be open now more than ever.
    Wolverine wants to quit the X-Men after Xavier's death and says he has no reason to stick around. Cyclops goes after him and schools him on how Wolverine pretends not to care but deep down he really cares, otherwise he'd already be gone. Spiritually, it felt like the scene from the Proteus Saga where Cyclops helps Wolverine conquer his demons and earns Wolverine's respect. Cyclops is the only one able to reach Wolverine and make him realize his place is with the X-Men.
    Cyclops and Beast go to the President and have a conversation on the treatment of mutants and how they all need to collaborate to stop Magneto and the cure.
    The final shot of the film is Cyclops sitting at Xavier's desk. The narration for every movie's intro, with Xavier talking about evolution, segues into Cyclops completing the narration in that finale scene. And unlike the final movie, Xavier doesn't come back so it seems like Cyclops was primed to take his role permanently.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Finally got around to watch the Season Finale.

1. Really thought they'd go for Onslaught and Scott would have to give the order to put down Xavier/Magneto and get in trouble for it. Oh well.

2. Sigh. The Scott/Jean/Cable scene was cute.

3. Any future Cyclops might have in politics has been shot to pieces thanks to a certain someone's election meddling.

I was reading the original script for X-Men: The Last Stand last night after the series finale. It proves that Cyclops really was the leading character in the original script. Pretty much every scene that Wolverine has in The Last Stand was given to Cyclops first, including all the beats with Jean. What's more, he had some epic moments exclusive to him which I shall recount below.

When Xavier dies and Storm and the rest of the team want to close down the school, Cyclops is the one who says no, Xavier would never want that. The school needs to be open now more than ever.
    Wolverine wants to quit the X-Men after Xavier's death and says he has no reason to stick around. Cyclops goes after him and schools him on how Wolverine pretends not to care but deep down he really cares, otherwise he'd already be gone. Spiritually, it felt like the scene from the Proteus Saga where Cyclops helps Wolverine conquer his demons and earns Wolverine's respect. Cyclops is the only one able to reach Wolverine and make him realize his place is with the X-Men.
    Cyclops and Beast go to the President and have a conversation on the treatment of mutants and how they all need to collaborate to stop Magneto and the cure.
    The final shot of the film is Cyclops sitting at Xavier's desk. The narration for every movie's intro, with Xavier talking about evolution, segues into Cyclops completing the narration in that finale scene. And unlike the final movie, Xavier doesn't come back so it seems like Cyclops was primed to take his role permanently.
    That would've bee so good to see actually. It certainly would've been so much better than him just dying off screen.
    IIRC the last stand was retconned out of existence because of DoFP right?
    Seeing Marsden and Janssen together there was nice. It is ironic though that both of the Jean actresses actually end up with their respective Scotts.

Also Apocalypse being the villain of the second season means that the Summers-Grey family is going to be even more relevant. Demayo clearly has a bias towards Cyke, Jean and Mags.

BANNED

That would've bee so good to see actually. It certainly would've been so much better than him just dying off screen.
    Seeing Marsden and Janssen together there was nice. It is ironic though that both of the Jean actresses actually end up with their respective Scotts.
    What's weird to me is that in this script, he really feels like the leading role and the main X-Man. Wolverine feels like the side character, just there to support everyone else. I know James Marsden is very good friends with Brian Singer but he essentially gave up a lead role to play yet another supporting character where he's outflanked by the main hero (Superman).

That being said, this initial script felt very messy in terms of plot. The cure is even more prominent here with the added twist that it's secretly been weaponized to not be permanent and cause mutant powers to accelerate to the point that it kills the mutant. The Phoenix stuff still feels like a B-plot but with the added weirdness of Annie Richardson. Jean's origin with Annie is included here but it seems this Phoenix persona, that Xavier locked away, was emotionally stunted and never got over Annie's death. So her whole motivation in the movie is Annie. If Scott's lines are mostly about Jean, Phoenix's lines are mostly about Annie and usually delivered in a weird childlike way. If I didn't know better, I'd say Annie was Jean's true love based on how obsessed Phoenix is with her. The Jean stuff was actually improved in the final movie. What the script got right was in terms of characterizations of the X-Men ensemble team. Wolverine being downplayed means Cyclops gets to lead. A lot more emphasis on Angel, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, and Kitty, and of course Beast as well (his role doesn't feel shortchanged in the final film by comparison). And Nightcrawler was also part of the team but he feels the most expendable.

Yes, DOFP retconned The Last Stand. But DOFP also claimed that Stryker never found Wolverine while stating that some things are always meant to happen and no shift in time will change those events while Apocalypse confirmed that Stryker did find Wolverine after all. And Logan confirmed that he was still responsible for killing Jean, presumably like in The Last Stand.

Apparently Wolverine was planned to appear in Dark Phoenix. The age gap between the two actors is why they decided to not utilize him as it would make the Logan/Jean relationship creepy.

BANNED

Also Apocalypse being the villain of the second season means that the Summers-Grey family is going to be even more relevant. Demayo clearly has a bias towards Cyke, Jean and Mags.
    In many ways, Apocalypse has always been the ultimate Summers-Grey villain, way more than Sinister. Especially when you consider that Sinister's endgame with the bloodline and baby Nathan was all about defeating his master Apocalypse. '97 abandoned the original show's origin for Sinister where he was married to an ancestor of Jean and Xavier's ancestor made it his life mission to take down the immortal Sinister, passing this mission down to the current Xavier. Xavier founded the X-Men in the original show for the purpose of finding and stopping Sinister.

spoilers:
    I'm wondering now if Cyclops appearing in the Insomniac X-Men game where Apocalypse is the main villain is meant to set up this family dynamic.
    end of spoilers

The part about Beau's favs being Cyke, Jean, and Magneto isn't something I would repeat outside of this thread or select few threads lol. Right now, I'm seeing some very angry fans who are very pissed off at these three characters.

Amazing Member

It got turned into a competition of who does Jean choose to service Wolverine fans in the movies. Comic readers before the movies (the first two of which were released per-Morrison’s choices) knew while she had an attraction to Logan, Jean was always in love with and committed to Scott

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    It got turned into a competition of who does Jean choose to service Wolverine fans in the movies. Comic readers before the movies (the first two of which were released per-Morrison’s choices) knew while she had an attraction to Logan, Jean was always in love with and committed to Scott
    X-Men: The Last Stand was also the main one in that trilogy that really centered on the Jean/Logan relationship. Some of that may have been comics synergy (I've heard Endsong came about because of Jean's return in The Last Stand), but I'm guessing the bulk of it was because James Marsden didn't come back besides his cameo at the beginning. Especially after reading the initial script. Jean doesn't display any sort of interest in Logan at all. Logan is the one who awkwardly keeps wanting to react to Jean's situation but has to stop himself because he knows Scott is there and it's Scott's right.

Amazing Member

X-Men: The Last Stand was also the main one in that trilogy that really centered on the Jean/Logan relationship. Some of that may have been comics synergy (I've heard Endsong came about because of Jean's return in The Last Stand), but I'm guessing the bulk of it was because James Marsden didn't come back besides his cameo at the beginning. Especially after reading the initial script. Jean doesn't display any sort of interest in Logan at all. Logan is the one who awkwardly keeps wanting to react to Jean's situation but has to stop himself because he knows Scott is there and it's Scott's right.

How did you obtain the first draft of The Last Stand? Is it accessible/public?