Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1630

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Dazzler joins one of the teams (Uncanny?) or gets a solo.
    Oooh… I’d like that. Especially if it’s the spiritual successor to the Outback era.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Dazzler joins one of the teams (Uncanny?) or gets a solo.
    It'd be cool to see a Dazzler solo again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

If the Taylor Swift rumors are true, it's hard to believe Dazzler won't get the spotlight at some point.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    If the Taylor Swift rumors are true, it's hard to believe Dazzler won't get the spotlight at some point.
    I see what you did there.

Resuming the thread to share this, in the little chance one of you haven't seen it.
    From Tom Brevoort's interview with Bleedingcool:

I've felt like a lot of the X-Projects over the past several years have felt just a bit random to me… their casts seem to have been assembled based on who happened to be around and available rather than any relevance to the concept of the series. (Roger Stern had a name for books like this, where the characters were bent out of alignment in order to support a concept that wasn't relevant to them: "fake books". )
    I think the fact the new head of the X-Corner thinks like this is very promising!

Also

Plus, I think there are any number of X-Characters who have proven themselves popular and certainly capable of floating a series of their own where the focus can be more tightly on them rather than them being part of another temporary ensemble.
    I say he delivered so far.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

New interview and he's already annoyed with the fandom:

https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/9...es-without-any

id you know that I’ve already ruined the X-Men?

It’s always a little bit amusing to watch those who are upset about the direction taken by some bit of entertainment in which they are invested to decide by some manner of osmosis who must be responsible for this decision and who earns their scorn and ire accordingly. From personal experience, I can say that, typically, most of those folks are way off the mark—but never try telling them that their interpretation of the situation is off-base. They need for there to be a bad guy, and if nobody has stepped into the spotlight wearing a black hat, well, they’re simply going to staple one to somebody’s head so that they have a target for their outrage.

It’s all a bit tiresome, really.

I see YouTube pages with dozens of videos, each one carrying a thumbnail that’s come off of an assembly line, with huge headlines screaming FAIL! BOMB! DISASTER! And typically, an image of whomever the agreed-upon target is crying crocodile tears. Clearly, there’s an audience for this kind of stuff, or else so many wouldn’t be pumping out so many of these same empty, meaningless pieces. But it all makes me wonder: does anybody really believe in any of this stuff, or is both the creator and the audience in on the grift, agreeing in the manner that the audience for a magic show agrees to go along with the concept that the performer is capable of performing logic-defying feats? Performative outrage of this sort has become akin to attending a sermon in Church: everybody knows the words, everyone knows when to sing along, and most people are invested in the underlying idea of the thing rather than the specifics of what is being said.

None of it especially bothers me, but it did come onto my radar, as this morning I got looped into a social media thread in which some people were upset by the secret master plan that editor Wil Moss and I had to undermine the Black Panther by getting John Ridley to write his series and to make T’Challa fallible in that series. Now, getting Ridley to handle that assignment was in no way my doing, but beyond that, can you imagine any world where you wouldn’t want one of the most prominent screenwriters, a man who’s won an Academy Award for his writing, to helm such a title? I can’t. But because some people didn’t like the story that John told, there must be a reason, must be an active conspiracy to explain why. And a big part of this job is in being the responsible party.

So, yeah, I’m just getting settled in here for the ride to come. Because if there’s one thing that I can count on with absolute certainty, it’s that there are going to be a bunch of loud people who aren’t going to like the X-Men books under my oversight—and if they’re this agitated about them now, just wait until they actually get the chance to read one!
    Also, yes, he and Dan Slott are responsible for Franklin not being a mutant:

My memory of this, David, is that it’s something that we came up with together, though it’s quite likely that I was the one who suggested it when the question came up. And that’s likely a reflection of when I started reading the books. You see, for the first decade-plus of his existence as a character, Franklin wasn’t ever referred to as a mutant at all. Rather, his powers were clearly a result of his parents having been altered by cosmic rays (plus the additional factor of the energy from Annihilus’ Cosmic Control Rod that was necessary to ensure a safe birthing process.) Consequently, Franklin’s powers manifested almost immediately, whereas mutants (at least up to that point) typically began to display their powers in puberty. It wasn’t until the “Days of Future Past” storyline in UNCANNY X-MEN where an older Franklin was among the survivors in the dystopian future that people began to consider him a mutant. Thanks to its popularity, X-MEN tends to swallow up a lot of unrelated characters and concepts—Longshot and his cast, Captain Britain and his cast, etc. But especially with the rise of Krakoa and the change in the status of mutants worldwide, that presented some challenges to us on the Fantastic Four front. Specifically, we didn’t think it made sense for Franklin to relocate to Krakoa, nor for him to be exempt from the laws of regular humans in the way the assorted X-Men characters were. So when the opportunity presented itself to separate church and state came up, we took it. I didn’t really view it as anything other that reasserting the original status quo, but clearly some readers of a more recent vintage assigned it greater importance than that. But as I said at the start, that’s kind of the luck of the draw. Somebody’s got to wear the black hat, after all.

Extraordinary Member

I find all of these whiny vids (and other social media circles) annoying and cannot imagine how much worse they would be if I had some actual connection to any of the content. However, Brevoort can be the other extreme of that as a professional who tends to put a negative spotlight on some vague group of discontents to provoke reaction and deflect criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    New interview and he's already annoyed with the fandom:

https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/9...es-without-any

New? The post is from January.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    New? The post is from January.
    My bad. 10 char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    At least I can thank him for saving Franklin from the child kidnappers.

At least I can thank him for saving Franklin from the child kidnappers.
    Child kidnapper? no child was kidnapped to be brought to krakoa, someone from the forum already told you this on another thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    Child kidnapper? no child was kidnapped to be brought to krakoa, someone from the forum already told you this on another thread.
    He's a minor. They took him without parental consent.

They didn't kidnap them. Franklin and Val snuck onto the Marauder because they thought it was going to Krakoa. Instead they were captured by Doom. The FF went to Krakoa looking for them and they weren't there cause they were in Latveria.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

After this week, yeah, he's not gonna have any peace from the X fandom.

He's a minor. They took him without parental consent.

They did not remove him as Cyclops explained, and they did not remove other children as you claimed on another thread or someone yet explained to you that you were wrong.