Page 144 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3023
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    How did you obtain the first draft of The Last Stand? Is it accessible/public?
    I found it just by Googling "X-Men: The Last Stand script" and it was the first search result from the website Script Slug.
    https://assets.scriptslug.com/live/p...stand-2006.pdf

But looking at it closer, I'm wondering if it isn't a fake. It's written by Dan Marcus and Kenneth E. Carper who I've never heard of and the bottom of the first page says DRAFT NO. 6 11/07/2006, which is after the original movie's release date. And it also says "Based on the screenplay by Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn," which seems to further indicate that this is just a fan script after the original movie came out. In which case, sorry for the false alarm and ignore my above posts about what was intended with Cyclops. Maybe James Marsden made the better choice after all sticking with Superman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I think they were physically in the same situation as they were in the astral plane, kinda like talking to someone via video call.
    They weren't though. They cut to Scott right after and he had his visor on and took it off in rage

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post

Apparently Wolverine was planned to appear in Dark Phoenix. The age gap between the two actors is why they decided to not utilize him as it would make the Logan/Jean relationship creepy.
    The main reason I would have WANTED him in that movie would be for it to dawn on people how true this is... Jackman was born in '68, Turner was born in '96.

by the new 'sliding time scale' according to the Ultimates and Galactius FF 1 happened 10 years ago, so at max jean was a teen 10 years ago (lets say her and Scott were 17 and 18 in 2014... that means in the comics born in '96 and '97 so today they are 28ish...) logan was born in the mid to late 1880's...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    The main reason I would have WANTED him in that movie would be for it to dawn on people how true this is... Jackman was born in '68, Turner was born in '96.

by the new 'sliding time scale' according to the Ultimates and Galactius FF 1 happened 10 years ago, so at max jean was a teen 10 years ago (lets say her and Scott were 17 and 18 in 2014... that means in the comics born in '96 and '97 so today they are 28ish...) logan was born in the mid to late 1880's...
    I had a chat with a friend of mine about this, and this is why he hates the Jean/Logan pairing. He finds the massive age difference disgusting and incredibly off-putting to the character.

The idea that Logan could have appeared in Dark Phoenix is unsettling considering the aforementioned gigantic age difference between Jackman and Turner.

Matthew Vaughn said when he was in talks to direct The Last Stand, the producers had a script full of Storm scenes just to make sure Halle Berry will sign the crontract, maybe this script was the one they had to convince James Marsden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I had a chat with a friend of mine about this, and this is why he hates the Jean/Logan pairing. He finds the massive age difference disgusting and incredibly off-putting to the character.

The idea that Logan could have appeared in Dark Phoenix is unsettling considering the aforementioned gigantic age difference between Jackman and Turner.
    It's also a pairing born out of spite for Cyclops, if a relationship exists only to make one character look bad then it's probably trash, and it's also deeply rooted in adultery which makes it even more disgusting.

And tbh, I don't think Logan wins much with the relationship either, it makes him look like a man-child and he's had better relationships.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Matthew Vaughn said when he was in talks to direct The Last Stand, the producers had a script full of Storm scenes just to make sure Halle Berry will sign the crontract, maybe this script was the one they had to convince James Marsden.
    The issue with Halle Berry was that she was an Oscar-winning actress and with each new X-Men movie, she demanded more pay and more screentime. With X-Men: The Last Stand she asked for a lot more pay but Catwoman came out after X2 and flopped hard, so she lost all her clout. She ended up getting paid exactly what she was originally supposed to get and not a cent more because of the Catwoman misfire. She was able to play hard to get with each new movie because of her prestige as an A-List actress (who I think gets second billing after Hugh Jackman), which is why the movie execs had to resort to tricks with her.

James Marsden never had that level of popularity or fame to warrant the extra attention. And as seen with The Last Stand, ultimately they were fine with just killing him off when he decided to pick Superman Returns instead. He only came back for the first 30 minutes of the movie as a favor if I remember correctly.

BANNED

I've never understood the issue people have with this. You can't apply fantastical age gaps to reality. A relationship between a person with more than a century apart would never happen in the real world. And even in fantasy, the character who is older always looks relatively young. Logan does not look like a man more than 200 years old. If you start applying these arbitrary rules to Wolverine that he can only mate with a character exactly his age, well that doesn't leave him much room to find relatively anyone else.

By this logic, Mystique shacking up with Forge or Iceman makes her a predator. Captain America becomes one with Sharon Carter and so does Morgan le Fay with Doctor Doom. Thor or any immortal with a human like Jane Foster too. Nobody looks at Thor and Jane and says it's an uncomfortable relationship because he's been around for centuries. The same way nobody cares about vampires being in romantic relationships with mortals just because of an age gap. Dracula is a sex symbol for women. Nobody in their right mind claims that Dracula or a vampire like in Twilight being a love interest makes them uncomfortable because of the optics or power imbalance. These rules are so arbitrary.

These immortal characters may be hundreds or thousands of years old, but that doesn't mean they are physically or emotionally that age. Even using a Disney example for kids, Kida from Atlantis is more than 8000 years old. Nobody is going out trying to cancel her because she's married to Milo who's in his 20s.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I found it just by Googling "X-Men: The Last Stand script" and it was the first search result from the website Script Slug.
    https://assets.scriptslug.com/live/p...stand-2006.pdf
    you must like punishment googling such a thing lol
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Scott and Jean spent 12 years in the future raising Cable, not to mention almost 2 years in their future during the Teen 05 era. I think it's safe to say that they are firmly in their early 40s

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    you must like punishment googling such a thing lol
    I was looking for some dialogue from the movie so I was googling the script so I could more easily find it. And that link was the first thing that popped up and I realized this wasn't the final movie script because Cyclops was in it in the second half of the movie.

I've actually never had a problem with the movie and I think it's light-years away from some of the X-Men movies that came after. In fact, I remember one review at the time said it's a messy film but it's the one that most feels like a comic book because of that very reason.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I've actually never had a problem with the movie and I think it's light-years away from some of the X-Men movies that came after. In fact, I remember one review at the time said it's a messy film but it's the one that most feels like a comic book because of that very reason.
    you’re better than me.. felt like crying when I left that theater
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    you’re better than me.. felt like crying when I left that theater
    Well, another thing to keep in mind is that I got introduced to the X-Men from this movie and X2. So they were also my first exposure to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott and Jean spent 12 years in the future raising Cable, not to mention almost 2 years in their future during the Teen 05 era. I think it's safe to say that they are firmly in their early 40s
    I wouldn't count those years to age them up, I think Peter still remembers House of M but that doesn't mean that he's older just because he has those memories, Scott and Jean are at most in their early 30s, they are stated to be the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, etc and I don't think it's ever been mentioned that they are older just because their consciousness spend some time in the future, I know that some people don't like him and his opinions but Tom Brevoort is kinda important at Marvel and he said in 2019 that they were 28.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I wouldn't count those years to age them up, I think Peter still remembers House of M but that doesn't mean that he's older just because he has those memories, Scott and Jean are at most in their early 30s, they are stated to be the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, etc and I don't think it's ever been mentioned that they are older just because their consciousness spend some time in the future, I know that some people don't like him and his opinions but Tom Brevoort is kinda important at Marvel and he said in 2019 that they were 28.
    I think Havok83 meant they are emotionally that age from spending 12 years in the future, not that they physically reflect those 12 years as well. And House of M was fake memories.