Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Right?

And how Sunspot, Rogue, and apparently Jubliee can breath in space?

I can believe Rouge could potentially Speed Blitz Bastian to the Blue Area of the moon, with an atmosphere resembling earth, but the way the scenes play in certain areas she would have been damaged by the cold at least.

And the scene where Robert caught Jubes in space they both would have died.
    Sunspot in the comics can due to his powers doesn’t need to breath and can fly in space. He doesn’t need to eat either due to his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Didn't you post the MCU Multiverse watchlist saying this means X-Men '97 is now part of the Multiverse?
    I said they obviously put it on the list for good publicity. Since the MCU needs that right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I said they obviously put it on the list for good publicity. Since the MCU needs that right now.
    Beau did say that Marvel could technically claim it as part of the multiverse if the show did well enough for them. Which seems to be the case, especially if they officially added it to the Disney+ multiverse watchlist.

I'm wondering if it was Mother Askani who displaced all the X-Men. Perhaps everyone was sent to Ancient Egypt to learn about Apocalypse's origin and weaknesses while only Scott and Jean were pulled to the future to raise Nathan.

One last Opening Update! Charles and Erik fending off soldiers together, which considering their relationship was pivotal to the episode, was very on-point! I wonder if season 2 will have everyone in their new costumes?

Once upon a time Erik and Xavier were two friends opening up to each other about themselves, their gifts, and their beliefs in humanity...but now it's just a projection as Charles tries, for the umpteenth time, to reason with Magneto. But it's too little too late because Magneto is too far gone and too caught up in his rage and pain to listen. So Xavier has to go for the nuclear option and a psychic blast to save the plane!

We didn't get bone claws Wolverine, but he's healing! And lost in the time stream.

Silver Samurai! 90's Iron Man (with his season 1 armor!?), The Winter Guard with Crimson Dynamo, Darkstar, and Omega Red! 90's Daredevil with Cloak and Dagger! 90's Dr. Strange! 90's Black Panther! Except...not?

Jeez, thanks Bastion's mom. She lied to him that Xavier wouldn't accept him when SHE was the reason Xavier couldn't have a chance to mentor and help Bastion. She's not only the source of Bastion's mommy issues but also why he ended up like he did.

Scott won't let Logan die! Xavier won't let Magneto die! And Jean has basically been upgraded to full mom status for Cable.

Bastion and Cable discussing their mutual mommy issues, what a world.

Roberto coming into his own as Sunspot! And patching things up with Jubilee. Nice.

Thank you Deus Ex Phoenix! Jean's power coming in just in time to stop Bastion's Prime Sentinels and save the Earth, as well as the man Jean has come to view as a son! And delivering the worst fate for Sinister...stealing all the Mutant genes HE stole and leaving him a withered husk who can easily be mocked by Morph. Just what he deserves.

Why was Black Panther T'Chaka instead of T'Challa? It makes no sense. That should've been Keith David's Black Panther from the 90's FF cartoon, they even used the same design. Why even use T'Chaka instead of T'Challa when everyone else is their normal selves? I just don't get it.

Bastion truly left his humanity behind to embrace being a machine, seeing that as the only path forward. And in the process he whacks Cable with his metal arm, absorbs it, and reaches his Second Coming Final Form to go and destroy Asteroid M. All the same though, it does kind of put into perspective how they all should've been teaming up to stop him from day one. Especially Rogue.

Nothing says Rogue is back then using card quips like Remy would have.

Did Bastion really think he could beat Cyclops in a Beam War? Well, maybe when he starts blasting him from multiple eras...quantity, not quality.

Jubilee really showing off how powerful she can be! I love it! Even got a cool visor break visual!

Man, Beast REALLY loves piloting Sentinels! But good way to bring the entire team together.

Morph transformed into Mr. Fantastic! Complete with 90's accurate design!

Steve Rogers. Still trying to do the right thing. Still useless in an X-Men cartoon.

Bless the X-Men for still trying to reason with Bastion rather than fight him to the death. He's too far gone and is just a testament to humanity's inability to accept Mutants, but they still tried and Cyclops genuinely reached out to save him...from missiles humanity (in their infinite wisdom) launched at Asteroid M and just made everything worse. But Bastion would rather die than accept help from Mutants.

"I love you" - Morph confessed their love to Wolverine! As Jean, but still! Though I don't think Logan will return their feelings like that.

Who would have thought that the best way to get through to Magneto was to appeal to his need for a family? And make him realize that he hasn't lost a family again...he's gained one, in Charles and the X-Men, and that means he has to fight to protect them rather than destroy them. Though I did find it kind of funny that in his mindscape we had all his kids (including Polaris) but he only cared about Rogue.

Oh snap, it's Spider-Man: The Animated Series Peter Parker, Mary Jane, and Flash Thompson! Mary Jane is in the yellow sweater and purple pants! Does this mean Peter finally saved MJ!?

Cable deserved a real childhood with his parents and with the X-Men, but he still has parents who loved him and believe in him...and he finally gets to see his fathers' eyes he inherited in his last moments.

Where were Magneto's actual kids during this? Off-world apparently! Is that where the rest of the Avengers are?

Bishop and Forge! Together again for the first time! And ready to hunt down the X-Men across time! Will they recruit Jubilee and Forge in the process?

The X-Men have been ported across time! Rogue, Beast, Charles, and Magneto in ancient Egypt with a young En Saba Nurr! Jean and Cyclops in the far future to meet up with Mother Askani (Rachel!?) and a young Nate Grey (The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix!?)! And in the present-day, Apocalypse (voiced by Ross Marquand just like how David Kaye voiced Apocalypse in X-Men Evolution along with Charles) is in the ruins of Genosha and about to revive Gambit as Death!

BANNED

Beau confirms MJ is his favorite cameo.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...84931435454857

Also confirms that Morph confessed their feelings for Logan.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...02190997110787

And this is where Beau confirms that Storm is stuck in either the past or future timelines, not the present.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...93402281889969
    Last edited by whitecrown; 05-15-2024 at 09:57 PM.

BANNED

Actually Beau flat out confirms here that Storm, Wolverine, and Morph are in the future with Scott and Jean. To balance out the team being split into two.
    https://twitter.com/AlvinAcayen/stat...90082242855194

Also when asked about Onslaught, Beau simply commented that in the comics, it took time for Magneto's mind to corrupt Xavier's, which seems to be a hint we can expect Onslaught after S2.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...88351831982224

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Who would have thought that the best way to get through to Magneto was to appeal to his need for a family? And make him realize that he hasn't lost a family again...he's gained one, in Charles and the X-Men, and that means he has to fight to protect them rather than destroy them. Though I did find it kind of funny that in his mindscape we had all his kids (including Polaris) but he only cared about Rogue.

I didn´t see this as Magneto caring more for Rogue,he just has spend more time with her than with his children so she is more clear in his memory, also the children are kind of hidden for "spoilers" I guess but all of them are dear to him and that´s why they are on the boat but they also represent his own sense of lack of family and isolation from bassically everybody.

At this point Wanda and Pietro are on Operation Galactic Storm, off world with other avengers acording to Beau but before that they were not close to Magneto, they discovered their relationship when Magneto was looking for Magda but they pretty much stayed out of Magneto´s bussines and he from theirs, except for that time Pietro was captured by the phalanx and Magneto helped to rescue him along with Forge and Beast.We don´t know how is his relationship with Lorna but it´s probable it´s similar.

So he has adult children who grew up without him, that don´t need him now and don´t expect to be family to him, his first wife Magda ran away from him and keep his children hidden from him, his parents and sister were killed off and only he survived, his first child died in a fire and while he cares for Rogue he knows she doens´t care for him as he does for her, everything that happened on Genosha, kidnapping, torture and Charles´s attack was destroying his psyche.

I found this very interesting, for the first time Magneto was talking about his trauma in relation to his lack of family, his lack of bonds to humanity in general, all he had were ghosts and now he was losing them as well given he could not remember his parents faces, he is still grieving the families he lost and he sees the X-men as Charles family, he took on the mantle of leader of the X-men as a favor for charles, not because he expected to be accepted by the X-men as part of their own, not his own, it was until Charles let him known that if he truly wanted to he could be part of their family too and this healed him enough to remember his name and what he had to do to save his new found family and the world.

Loved this moment and how the theme of found family applies to Magneto as well. This theme has been tackled in comics as well but not as directly as this chapter did and it was really well done by the writers, because it´s precisely this lack of bonds, this sense of isolation coupled with survivors guilt the things that had keep Magneto in the past from healing from his past trauma.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-16-2024 at 09:59 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Speaking of Morph, the voice actor doesn't much care for the Morph/Logan shipping
    https://www.polygon.com/24157588/x-m...tor-jp-karliak

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Actually Beau flat out confirms here that Storm, Wolverine, and Morph are in the future with Scott and Jean. To balance out the team being split into two.
    https://twitter.com/AlvinAcayen/stat...90082242855194

Also when asked about Onslaught, Beau simply commented that in the comics, it took time for Magneto's mind to corrupt Xavier's, which seems to be a hint we can expect Onslaught after S2.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...88351831982224
    Great news
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Beau did say that Marvel could technically claim it as part of the multiverse if the show did well enough for them. Which seems to be the case, especially if they officially added it to the Disney+ multiverse watchlist.
    He said that a crossover could happen. But it is still on a different multiverse tree. And Marvel doesn't really control Disney+.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Speaking of Morph, the voice actor doesn't much care for the Morph/Logan shipping
    https://www.polygon.com/24157588/x-m...tor-jp-karliak
    Huh, interesting interview.

Some of the highlights that stood out to me.

“We didn’t fly around and shoot lightning out of our fingers [in 1997 either], so whatever!” Karliak says. “I think the representation is still incredible. And I don’t think it takes away anything from who Morph is. Morph is on a gender journey that will unfold as time passes and he goes through the eras of terminology that we’ve lived through already.”

“As the comic relief of the show, I think he’s burying a lot of things,” Karliak says. “Having him say less was actually the smarter way to go for somebody who’s internalizing a lot.”

He says one quirk of current Hollywood casting is that the group often encounters auditions asking for “non-binary voices,” which he finds funny, despite the attempt at allyship. “It’s like, What does that mean? There’s a lot of conflation of ‘non-binary means androgynous,’ which is not the case,” he says.

And what makes Morph enjoyable for Karliak to bring to life isn’t how the character fits a specific identity slot — it’s how his identity fits into the day-to-day drama at the X-mansion, and the greater global drama of X-Men ’97.

“He’s a superhero who’s got some trauma, he’s got friends, he’s showing up, he’s doing the thing,” Karliak says. “He probably would like to have a significant other at some point — you know, hint, hint, nudge, nudge — and there’s all of that stuff happening. But there’s never a very special Jesse Spano episode of, like, This is the non-binary episode. Because we don’t need it.”

Many fans have wondered whether Morph’s friendship with Wolverine could blossom into something more romantic in future seasons of X-Men ’97. But Karliak hopes it doesn’t, as much as he wants his character to find love.

“As somebody who’s consumed a ton of queer media over the years — what coded things we had in the ’90s — I think there have been so many stories told about the queer person that’s pining over the straight best friend. Meh!” he says. “It’s kind of meh to me! I think it’s so much more interesting that they love each other like they’re Frodo and Samwise, and that’s great. It doesn’t need to be more than that. And they can support each other. It makes Morph razzing Wolverine by turning into Jean Grey so much less about like, Oh, I’m jealous, so I’m gonna, like, razz you about your girlfriend who I hate, and more about, Hey, buddy, I think this is harmful for you, and I just want to point this out, that maybe you need to move on.”
    From what I'm getting Karliak would rather there not be a pining arc for Morph and that they hope Morph finds their own love story.

Given what De Mayo has said, if they do an unrequited love story it might be short or more of a background plot.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Given what De Mayo has said, if they do an unrequited love story it might be short or more of a background plot.
    DeMayo also said Gambit & Rogue were ‘the shows’ OTP’ and look how that turned out. I trust DeMayo all of zero with his twitter nonsense.

I can totally get behind JP Karliak's stance on not wanting Morph to have this unrequited love for Logan, and have their feelings be platonic instead. Would love if there's someone else out there for Morph.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I can totally get behind JP Karliak's stance on not wanting Morph to have this unrequited love for Logan, and have their feelings be platonic instead. Would love if there's someone else out there for Morph.
    Yeah it's 2024, not the 90's (even if the show is set in the 90s, I don't remember the 90s having a giant asteroid lifted from the sea to the sky and then colliding back to Earth either)