Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1478

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, Lemire is coming back. That’s pretty awesome. I wonder if Snyder can lure more writers back who have previously said that they’re only going to do indie/creator owned work from now on.
    He already has. A couple of guys who haven’t worked at DC since the New 52 have popped up again: Layman, Fialkov, there will probably be more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wild guess but maybe he is taking over Nightwing? Since he is doing three DC projects.

I imagine DC wants a high-profile creative team to follow-up Taylor and Redondo.

Batman is also an option for him, I think.

My guesses:

-Absolute Flash under Scott Snyder’s new line
    -Creature Commandoes, they’ve got a cartoon coming and DC will want to synergize. Lemire has done JLD and Frankenstein, he’d be a good fit for a book like that.
    -A mini of some kind, probably Batman related

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Batman is also an option for him, I think.
    Batman is a full time gig and I don’t see Lemire signing on for that when he’s so indie focused. I guess maybe he could take over Tec.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://open.substack.com/pub/jeffle...utm_medium=ios

Betting one is Absolute Flash. Hope the other two are non-Bat books.
    Wait, this is awesome. Lemire has been sorely missed at DC.

I like Lemire, but I don't think that his writing is really suitable for flagship Batman book.

Doing CC makes sense, but I hope it is more of a solo book than a team book. His JLD and JLU runs weren't very good, while Frankensten, Animal Man and Green Arrow were great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    i cant be mad, people dont rally around anything not batman. Consumer want want want but wont speak with their wallets or give new things a chance. So we literally get what is paid for and thats batman. Luckily I'm a fan of batman characters
    People can't speak with their wallets if all you care about is how many copies store pays for in orders.

Like it or not there are folks including store owners who are tired of Batman. Not because of sales but because once you get past folks who generally buy the title-you still have large levels of unsold books that no sale can get rid of.

And while you got folks who are willing to try other books as sale charts are showing (looking at you Energon Universe, Spawn, Boom and others)-you still got a faction of gatekeepers that can not stop looking for ANY reason even didn't into the private life of creators to justify demanding and seeking failure of stuff they don't think should exist.

Keep pandering to gatekeeper and watch fans leave.
    Keep allowing nonsense like the constant delays in books and watch fan leave.

Flooding the market with Batman doesn't FIX the many issues at DC.

What DC doesn't do SOMEONE ELSE will.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    People can't speak with their wallets if all you care about is how many copies store pays for in orders.

Like it or not there are folks including store owners who are tired of Batman. Not because of sales but because once you get past folks who generally buy the title-you still have large levels of unsold books that no sale can get rid of.

And while you got folks who are willing to try other books as sale charts are showing (looking at you Energon Universe, Spawn, Boom and others)-you still got a faction of gatekeepers that can not stop looking for ANY reason even didn't into the private life of creators to justify demanding and seeking failure of stuff they don't think should exist.

Keep pandering to gatekeeper and watch fans leave.
    Keep allowing nonsense like the constant delays in books and watch fan leave.

Flooding the market with Batman doesn't FIX the many issues at DC.

What DC doesn't do SOMEONE ELSE will.
    So what will you do?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I was going to say, Sparks is dead in Outsiders so it's impossible for her book to be Earth-0.
    This quote from King in the PR implies to me that this is some kind of time travel/revival thing where she is brought into the present. So, if I'm not misreading, it's totally feasible for this to be on Earth-0.

"The Spirit of the 20th Century comes to the 21st to try to save five men and women taken hostage by an out-of-control and infinitely powered Captain Atom. Through this lens, we'll explore the grip of Jenny's time on our own"

There've been too many rumors of Lemire doing a Flash book for that not to happen.

Rumor floating around that a new DC logo could be revealed at Comic Con.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-ne...CO0BuELf3NKREJ

Even Bleeding Cool is saying take the rumor with a a grain of salt but I really hope it’s true. With Gunn launching his new DC movieverse and the Absolute line starting I think it’s the perfect time for a new logo.

I’m hoping for something similar to the classic DC bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Rumor floating around that a new DC logo could be revealed at Comic Con.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-ne...CO0BuELf3NKREJ

Even Bleeding Cool is saying take the rumor with a a grain of salt but I really hope it’s true. With Gunn launching his new DC movieverse and the Absolute line starting I think it’s the perfect time for a new logo.

I’m hoping for something similar to the classic DC bullet.
    I like the one they have now, they should stick with it. No better example of DC’s identity crisis than how they are constantly changing their logo while Marvel’s stays consistent.

I love the classic one, but the current is fine too.
    They definitely have way bigger things to fix than the logo. It does show their identity crisis pretty well LOL.

Yeah, I don't think we need a new logo right now.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.