Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Peter looks pretty happy, I guess he really likes wars
    Gang War, Infinity War, Civil War, Venom War… coming in 2025… Wheatcakes War. Peter defends the honor of his favorite Aunt’s breakfast.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

And War War in 2026.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

In all for Venom War as i am getting Venom. I Wonder hkw kwy this story us to the main plot and ill only work in prrsent day if Venom leaves Dyan to go to Pete for the mini. Will read for sure
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-17-2024 at 03:13 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Before ‘Back in Black’ in 2007, it was REALLY rare for Spidey to don the black suit. I think he only wore scraps of it during the Clone Saga when his normal suit was ruined. Now it seems he dons the black suit at least once a year, which imo makes it less special when he does.
    I would agree with this, although it does make sense when you consider that the reason he stopped wearing the black suit was that it made MJ uncomfortable.

Like lots of others, I really like the black suit. I'm not such a fan however, of it being whipped out whenever Peter is in a bad mood. At this point it's beginning to seem a little cheap.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I love the idea of Peter rebonding with the symbiote and actually liking it this time...art by Greg Land though...oof.

But hey...hopefully this means he isn't working on Chasm: Curse of Kaine lol
    Perhaps a side effect of the Spider Goblin

The "problem" with the black suit is that it's so fucking cool, there's no other superhero with a secondary costume that iconic, so I get why Marvel wants to use it that often.

I can't remember if this actually happened, or if I imagined it, but I think there was a time when Peter wore the black suit when he was crimefighting after dark? I think that would be a decent compromise. I agree that it's such a cool design that it's a shame not to see it regularly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I can't remember if this actually happened, or if I imagined it, but I think there was a time when Peter wore the black suit when he was crimefighting after dark?
    You might be thinking of a back-up story from long ago when the symbiote would basically possess Peter’s body while he was sleeping at night.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You might be thinking of a back-up story from long ago when the symbiote would basically possess Peter’s body while he was sleeping at night.
    That’s the iconic Alien Costume Saga by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz.

Amazing Spider-Man 258 has the costume taking Peter out for a spin while sleeping

That issue also has:
    Mary Jane reveals she knows Peter’s secret
    Peter visits the FF and finds out the costume is a symbiote
    Peter separates from the costume and has to borrow a spare FF costume to get home, becoming the first appearance of the Bombastic Bag-Man.

The real “problem” with the black suit is that the overall design is now more associated with Venom so Peter wearing it more often dilutes both characters and can cause confusion for new/casual readers.

I loved that Peter wearing the black suit meant some very serious $#!+ was about to go down. Because the suit caused MJ PTS, he only wore it in the most necessary, extreme cases. But, OMD took all that resonance away.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-16-2024 at 07:19 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

I'm kind of tired of Venom events.

I'm also not sure which Hivemind we're going to get (Green Arrow? Guardians? Flash/Aquaman? Discount Planetary?) so not really sure what to expect.

It does feel like the Black Suit appears so often enough that Peter wearing it again doesn't really feel that special, even if this is the legit Symbiote version of it again. Yet I guess Greg Land is contractually obligated to draw Peter in the Black Suit stuff, which is unfortunate.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    I can't remember if this actually happened, or if I imagined it, but I think there was a time when Peter wore the black suit when he was crimefighting after dark? I think that would be a decent compromise. I agree that it's such a cool design that it's a shame not to see it regularly.
    After the alien suit reveal, at some point Black Cat makes Spider-man a new black suit.

He doesn't wear it at first, but eventually does, I think because his red & blues got torn up in an explosion. And then when he does get another red & blue, he starts alternating wearing the 2 suits.

Sometimes he would wear the black at night and red during the day or just whenever the writer/artist decided - you never really knew which suit he would wear for any given story.

I think they kept up that alternating pattern until MJ reveals being uncomfortable with the black.

Incredible Member

Not in love with that white Spider design

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... chains?
    Looks like Spawn, lol

Fantastic Member

He wore the black suit in Todd Mcfarlane’s incredibly popular Spider-Man volume 1 run - against Morbius - then obviously JMS’ “Back in Black”, and more recently Wells’ fine (!) Spider-Man’s First Hunt saga. Any other recent times?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    He wore the black suit in Todd Mcfarlane’s incredibly popular Spider-Man volume 1 run - against Morbius - then obviously JMS’ “Back in Black”, and more recently Wells’ fine (!) Spider-Man’s First Hunt saga. Any other recent times?
    spencers hunted arc
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy