Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1439

https://x.com/SebasHellBlazer/status...66407015473363

Beau: "Gambit’s death was always the plan, and the first act of his and Rogue’s story."

So he is/was playing the long game with Romy. He wrote s2, so now it's the Deathbit storyline. This is probably where the OTP kicks in, where it's expected that Rogue saves him.

I still think Scott and Jean are the OTP on this show, but Deathbit should create the right amount of drama and narrative weight for an emotional Rogue/Gambit storyline. 1st season was about the love triangle and then Rogue dealing with grief over Remy's death in the second half. Believe it or not the Deathbit plot should be more meaty for both characters, especially for Gambit, sounds like he's got an actual storyline rather than being a plot device for Rogue's downward spiral in ep 9.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-16-2024 at 12:00 AM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

It’s just really bizarre storytelling to think “this is the OTP of my series… I’m gonna spend almost zero time on establishing their relationship before I completely ice out Gambit for episodes 2-5 from it giving lots of focus on Magneto&Rogue, then kill of Gambit only to have Rogue act irrationally but still focus a lot of attention on Magneto & his man pain — the audience will obviously connect and root for Gambit & Rogue!!”

I hope it really is a meaty storyline for the two of them. And that Deathbit doesn’t get stupid fart powers.

He won't get fart powers, they'll amplify his kinetic energy, we saw that in ep 5. Maybe even a nod to New Sun.

BANNED

Magneto is getting dragged on Twitter with people pointing out that Rogue is younger than all three of his kids.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 05-16-2024 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    https://x.com/SebasHellBlazer/status...66407015473363

Beau: "Gambit’s death was always the plan, and the first act of his and Rogue’s story."

So he is/was playing the long game with Romy. He wrote s2, so now it's the Deathbit storyline. This is probably where the OTP kicks in, where it's expected that Rogue saves him.

I still think Scott and Jean are the OTP on this show, but Deathbit should create the right amount of drama and narrative weight for an emotional Rogue/Gambit storyline. 1st season was about the love triangle and then Rogue dealing with grief over Remy's death in the second half. Believe it or not the Deathbit plot should be more meaty for both characters, especially for Gambit, sounds like he's got an actual storyline rather than being a plot device for Rogue's downward spiral in ep 9.
    I don`t see Gambit getting actual storyline while he is Deathbit because he is a brainwashed villain. I think he will be plot device until break from control.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t see Gambit getting actual storyline while he is Deathbit because he is a brainwashed villain. I think he will be plot device until break from control.
    Yeah it becomes a whole other box when is aware of his actions or in control. This is done against his will and if the plan is to saddle him with trauma, personality change or other lasting side effects then I’m just sad. Gambit doesn’t need to be changed, he needs to be showcased.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Magneto is getting dragged on Twitter with people pointing out that Rogue is younger than all three of his kids.
    Giving 'Meet Your Second Wife' energy.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:
    Saw someone in the YouTube comments of a video point out that Apocalypse could very well be using & manipulating Gambit purely on whatever transpires in the past that Rogue is trapped in with young baby Apocalypse. Kind of a ‘fun fact’ that hadn’t crossed my mind yet - they could really do something in the past to piss him off so he may very well be selecting horsemen in the present to cripple the X-Men from stopping him, knowing exactly how to strike & corrupt each horseman/lady/person.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I saw someone comment that Rogue and Magneto might have baby Charles in the past, and the very thought made me hope Season 2 never got completed. I don't think that will happen, because Scott and Jean clearly have the parent plot, but still....

I don't trust this writing team.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DearMachine; 05-16-2024 at 04:12 AM.

I am just amazed he remembered Quicksilver existed.

Also, could I roll my eyes more when Magneto said Rogue left him? No, I could not. Love how I'm meant to have sympathy for a groomer in this show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I am just amazed he remembered Quicksilver existed.

Also, could I roll my eyes more when Magneto said Rogue left him? No, I could not. Love how I'm meant to have sympathy for a groomer in this show.
    That part confused me too. When did she leave him? She explicitly joined him and he still calls her out for betrayal.

Twitter is also pointing out the fake hypocrisy of the fandom on how people call out Xavier for his feelings for Jean but have no problem shipping Magneto with Rogue. Xavier and Magneto are the same age but Rogue even younger than Jean, yet somehow it's acceptable here because he's Magneto?

Spectacular Member

If remy is deathbit be prepared for a one episode resolution like how GoBlin Queen was handled . Also what deviation could they do to set it apart from Morphs struggle in the original XTas? It would be a copycat story. There’s already talk folks don’t want Remy to be rescued by Rogues love but I already have spec of what could be done a deviation of one man’s worth
    Last edited by smokey78; 05-16-2024 at 04:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    if we wanted to subvert expectations, and Rogue knows Remy is dead in her timeline and now with Apocalypse, could it be possible she prevents the X-Men from eliminating him in Egypt and bargains with him to resurrect Remy in the present timeline? Otherwise how would he know to seek Remy himself in the present timeline?
    end of spoilers

Just thought she didn't know Remy would go evil afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    spoilers:
    So, I have been deliberating events since 8am UK time. We all hypothesised Deathbit is coming so the mid-credits scene isn’t a shock to most of us. I think the biggest shock was that there was actually a mid cred scene.

Honestly I plumped the air when I saw it. Admittedly it may have been due to the fact that initially I though I was not getting any hint of his return, so I was happy there was something.

I didn’t like Deathbit in the comics, however a lot of that was tied up with how stupid the idea of Gambit doing it voluntarily was. Doing it to keep an eye on Apocalypse was a stupid premise that relies on Gambit being niave, and frankly an idiot.

The current approach at least has Gambit resurrected against is will, rather than a willing tool.

100% expecting Rogue to snap him out of his death persona by uttering “Your name is Gambit, Sugar…Remember it” sealed with a smooch.
    end of spoilers
    Personally my hope is Gambit ends up playing a long con on Apocalypse. Similar to his long con with Mystique during Messiah Complex or during X-men The End.

Perhaps he starts brainwashed. Rogue helps him to remember who he is but he acts like Rogue failed only for it to be revealed later he had broken free but realized they couldn't defeat Apocalypse at that time so continues to pretend to be brainwashed until an opportunity to defeat Apocalypse arises.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

That part confused me too. When did she leave him? She explicitly joined him and he still calls her out for betrayal.
    He was talking about Magda, she left him when his powers got out of control after the death of their first daughter, Anya, he told Charles about her in the original series when the High evolutionary send him a letter that he thought was from her and he found out about Wanda and Pietro´s birth.

Magneto and Pietro had more of a relationship in the 90´s than Wanda and Magneto so of course he remembers him. They had a small reunion when Magneto, Forge and Beast helped fight off the Phalanx to free X-factor on X-men TAS.

I guess fans don´t see anything wrong with Rogue and Magneto because he didn´t meet her as a little girl, he wasn´t her teacher or her leader and both were adults when they meet, it was Rogue´s idea their break up, before Rogue meet Remy, it was of mutual accord as was their decision to hide their relationship from the X-men. So far only Nightcrawler and Remy know for sure about them and maybe Jean.

I would not worry too much about Magneto and Rogue in the past, given they are giving Rogue and Remy a slow burn romance, my guess is that she is going to be responsible of turning him back from being Apocalyse horseman and their plot point leads to their marriage. Right now Magneto in S1 was just the third party in dispute to give the couple some dramatic romantic tension and I liked to see how despite that both Remy and Magneto could work together when it mattered. So S2 is going to be all about Rogue rescuing Remy from Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-16-2024 at 05:27 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:
    Saw someone in the YouTube comments of a video point out that Apocalypse could very well be using & manipulating Gambit purely on whatever transpires in the past that Rogue is trapped in with young baby Apocalypse. Kind of a ‘fun fact’ that hadn’t crossed my mind yet - they could really do something in the past to piss him off so he may very well be selecting horsemen in the present to cripple the X-Men from stopping him, knowing exactly how to strike & corrupt each horseman/lady/person.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Personally my hope is Gambit ends up playing a long con on Apocalypse. Similar to his long con with Mystique during Messiah Complex or during X-men The End.

Perhaps he starts brainwashed. Rogue helps him to remember who he is but he acts like Rogue failed only for it to be revealed later he had broken free but realized they couldn't defeat Apocalypse at that time so continues to pretend to be brainwashed until an opportunity to defeat Apocalypse arises.
    I love both of these ideas/theories.

I’m going to keep the faith that the BoA comic storyline gets cleaned up and much improved in the animated version. I’m perfectly fine with Deahtbit being resolved in a 30 minute episode. From what I remember, Apocalypse’s cronies were rarely that formidable anyway, they usually had a ‘What am I doing? Oh no!” moment and reverted back to form in a single comic issue. What was really lacking in BoA was Rogue’s response. Gambit flies off as Death and she shrugs and says: oh well! At least in the animated series she feels his loss. In the comics, the writers would have her dating some generic Avenger before Gambit’s corpse even cooled off.

While I enjoyed the Xavier/Magneto therapy session, I could do without the Rogue in a boat scene. Stop harping on this storyline, it feels forced and not believable. ‘Boo hoo, she left me!’ Cmon. If anyone is keeping you afloat, it’s Charles Xavier who is literally holding your head above water.