Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Perhaps Morph can find a boyfriend in the future. Could be Daken, so that they can have their cake and eat it too

I was hoping for Iceman to be part of Forge's team so that his Batman/Catwoman dynamic with Daken from Sina Grace's original run can be established on the show.

As for Morph, they don't necessarily need a MALE love interest. They are already part of the spectrum thanks to their identification as non-binary. They could be paired with a female character and it would still be unprecedented representation for superhero media.

Mighty Member

The Morph and Wolverine scene became a lot more creepy after I remembered the hypno stuff. I realized xmen 97 is bad representation for the gay community. It's actually designed for creeps. I shuddered after realizing Beau Demayo was James Charlesing Logan. Super creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    The Morph and Wolverine scene became a lot more creepy after I remembered the hypno stuff. I realized xmen 97 is bad representation for the gay community. It's actually designed for creeps. I shuddered after realizing Beau Demayo was James Charlesing Logan. Super creepy
    Bah.

Morph turns into whomever Logan wants and they get it on. This would be fun but unfortunately Morph is catching feelings.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah it's 2024, not the 90's (even if the show is set in the 90s, I don't remember the 90s having a giant asteroid lifted from the sea to the sky and then colliding back to Earth either)
    The show is set in the 90s. Beau said he kept that in mind for Morph's storyline of unrequited love because that would be the common mentality back then.

BANNED

That was the only way Morph felt safe admitting their feelings about Logan. Taking on a form they knew Logan already loves.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That was the only way Morph felt safe admitting their feelings about Logan. Taking on a form they knew Logan already loves.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Bah.

Morph turns into whomever Logan wants and they get it on. This would be fun but unfortunately Morph is catching feelings.
    It's actually really creepy when you add in real world context. There was a trend that was pretty popular about 10 years ago but I imagine it's been around awhile before and after where gay guys would post a female or hetero adult content accompanied with a fanfic of a best friend who took a pill or something and switched into a girl or just full adult stories I don't even know if I'm allowed to say the genre of this as I'm not sure if its a slur or not now but ot starts with an s and ends with ification. It was also known as "hypno". The goal was to send these stories to straight dudes (even underage ones) in a way where they would hope would confuse straight guys enough where they would be open to stuff. Taking advantage of their confusion. I brought up James Charles because he became kinda infamous when he talked about the power of "converting straight boys" and got caught doing other bad stuff I don't want to talk about.

This is not me attacking the gay community or anything. We all know what Magneto was doing with Rogue is wrong. But this show also relies on the ignorance of the audience and the context of the scenes to get away with putting scenes like that in here.

As I said the gay community should not be using this show for representation. It's actually extremely toxic and almost alarming that not a single person has talked about this kind of creepy underhanded adult messaging in this show

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Bah.

Yeah like Mystique? No thank you. It was way too shit and it will divide a lot of fans if that happens especially to the general audience.
    Last edited by Keno; 05-16-2024 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    DeMayo also said Gambit & Rogue were ‘the shows’ OTP’ and look how that turned out. I trust DeMayo all of zero with his twitter nonsense.
    That's fair, still it'll be interesting to see if the VA has any pull in Morph's future story-lines and direction vs what the writers may want.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock
    Perhaps Morph can find a boyfriend in the future. Could be Daken, so that they can have their cake and eat it too
    I actually would love that. Have Daken try to seduce Morph to hurt Logan then have it backfire in his face after he falls for them. It would be funny.

It's actually really creepy when you add in real world context. There was a trend that was pretty popular about 10 years ago but I imagine it's been around awhile before and after where gay guys would post a female or hetero adult content accompanied with a fanfic of a best friend who took a pill or something and switched into a girl or just full adult stories I don't even know if I'm allowed to say the genre of this as I'm not sure if its a slur or not now but ot starts with an s and ends with ification. It was also known as "hypno". The goal was to send these stories to straight dudes (even underage ones) in a way where they would hope would confuse straight guys enough where they would be open to stuff. Taking advantage of their confusion. I brought up James Charles because he became kinda infamous when he talked about the power of "converting straight boys" and got caught doing other bad stuff I don't want to talk about.

This is not me attacking the gay community or anything. We all know what Magneto was doing with Rogue is wrong. But this show also relies on the ignorance of the audience and the context of the scenes to get away with putting scenes like that in here.

As I said the gay community should not be using this show for representation. It's actually extremely toxic and almost alarming that not a single person has talked about this kind of creepy underhanded adult messaging in this show
    Sorry, but I think you are overthinking this...

Morph is crushing on their straight best friend. He just also happens to be a shape-shifter.

I don't find it toxic at all. Removing the shape-shifting aspect, I bet a lot of queer people can relate. I def know I can.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Morph is crushing on their straight best friend. He just also happens to be a shape-shifter.

I don't find it toxic at all. Removing the shape-shifting aspect, I bet a lot of queer people can relate. I def know I can.
    Yeah a lot of people can relate to Magneto and Rogue too. Doesn't change the fact it's toxic.i think you can't just view this from your own POV and relation. You also have to look at from the perspective of power, subversion and control. Everyone wants to feel powerful but you can't just allow the need to do feel powerful excuse toxic representation and irl context. Especially as it validates people's thoughts that affect other people too and has led to extremely inappropriate behavior

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The show is set in the 90s. Beau said he kept that in mind for Morph's storyline of unrequited love because that would be the common mentality back then.
    Morph is ahead of their time to assert being referred to with "they/them" pronouns but can't find someone who's into them as well? Sounds lame

Yeah a lot of people can relate to Magneto and Rogue too. Doesn't change the fact it's toxic.i think you can't just view this from your own POV and relation. You also have to look at from the perspective of power, subversion and control. Everyone wants to feel powerful but you can't just allow the need to do feel powerful excuse toxic representation and irl context. Especially as it validates people's thoughts that affect other people too and has led to extremely inappropriate behavior
    What? How has Morph abused their powers at all to take advantage of Logan?

Shape-shifting in general is a power that people may find uncomfortable, but the connations behind it has nothing to do with a commentary on any individual sexuality or community. Look at Mystique for example, THAT is an example of abuse and manipulation; but it's clear she's not using her powers for love or romance but to further her own psychotic agendas. The only person she has ever loved is Destiny who is blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Its bordering on toxic. In the Inferno episode, Morph tried to make a move on Logan when he thought he saw him naked in hte shower. He knows he's straight and doesnt see it for him like that. Its a dangerous game to be flirting and linger around for an opportunity thats likely not going to present itself. Its not unhealthy on Morph's part

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its bordering on toxic. In the Inferno episode, Morph tried to make a move on Logan when he thought he saw him naked in hte shower. He knows he's straight and doesnt see it for him like that. Its a dangerous game to be flirting and linger around for an opportunity thats likely not going to present itself. Its not unhealthy on Morph's part
    I didn't really see that as flirting.

Morph makes off-color and dark humor jokes since S1 and also shows it off in S2 when they turns into their possibly dead mentor. I saw it as Morph joking with Wolverine as more of the same on that, not them actually coming onto him.