Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is your super-power?

Hello…

apparently it’s a job interview question.

To that I would have no answer but: I know a large array of various knots and recently I helped to install a hammock.

Everything else everyone knows how to do it better than me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

I can deadlift three times my weight...is that good enough?

I am bad at math, but give me a number and I will memorize it. I have about 20-25 Cell phone numbers in my head.

I excrete a pheromone that both attracts and angers a-holes. It has actually come in handy on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I can deadlift three times my weight...is that good enough?

I am bad at math, but give me a number and I will memorize it. I have about 20-25 Cell phone numbers in my head.
    Sounds useful… on occasion.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I excrete a pheromone that both attracts and angers a-holes. It has actually come in handy on occasion.
    I’m sure you have interesting stories to tell…

Does the ability not to immediately walk out of the interview when I'm asked that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Does the ability not to immediately walk out of the interview when I'm asked that count?
    I’m not sure… Do you think a lot of people would do that?

One possible answer is: “I don’t have any super-powers. I just work hard.”

Thats easy. Wherever I go I have an uncanny ability to luck into the best parking spots.

Talking about parking is a good tactic for difficult curveballs in any job interview by the way. Its totally innocuous. For instance, if they ask you what you didn't like about a former place of employment - just say that the parking was difficult. If they ask you what your weaknesses are - I'm terrible at parking.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-16-2024 at 10:59 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

"My super power? I can smell bullshit a mile away. It was pretty strong when I walked in here, and it's only gotten stronger."
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

One thing I'm good at is procrastination. I am still waiting until this power can be properly used.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Boisterously Confused

My toes can find an otherwise well-out-of-the-way very solid bit of furniture no matter how much attention I pay to my walk.

I usually can't come up with a clever line in the heat of the moment, but when I do, it's usually the worst possible thing you could have let past your teeth.

To the spirit of this thread, I can usually come up with something in history to contextualize almost any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Thats easy. Wherever I go I have an uncanny ability to luck into the best parking spots.
    What an useful talent…

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    One thing I'm good at is procrastination. I am still waiting until this power can be properly used.
    I’m rather good at it too… But as it has never been good to me, I don’t consider it as a talent…

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    One thing I'm good at is procrastination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I’m rather good at it too…
    ^^^I'm sure I have this power too. I’ll get around to verifying it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I’m not sure… Do you think a lot of people would do that?

One possible answer is: “I don’t have any super-powers. I just work hard.”
    I was being a smart ass.

I'd have the impulse to leave, but wouldn't. Mostly because it's bad etiquette.

But it would nix any interest I had in taking a job fro that company, if offered.