Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Noticed that eternity is mentioned and he also shows up on the foreshadow cover with jean. Potential crossover?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Sounds like Storm is going to be put through the wringer.

Definitely looking forward to this. While Werneck's work in FotHoX has been a bit lacking, I loved the vast majority of his Immortal work and I think he's going to continue to make Storm look incredible.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The design is nice and I haven't heard of the writer Murewa Ayodele before.
    He wrote the I Am Iron Man mini that came out last year, it was pretty good.

Excited for this! I absolutely adore Storm and I am happy she’s getting a lot of spotlight. I think Lucas will give his all to this. At least I hope. The writer is not that known but I like the pitch so I’m hopeful…

As fot the costume I am super happy. Dautermann’s costume was very striking but a little busy for my taste. And this reads more like African Goddess to me. Not a super fan of this magical cloud hair she and Wanda had recently but I do love the texture and styling.
    A picture would last longer darling...

MODs please combine threads. IDK why I didnt see this one posted.

Yall going by the last solo she had I didnt think this would last but with that interior art and cover artist the hype is UP!

I hope the writer gets her voice down.

That costume looks amazing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lucas is definitely hit or miss. When he's on he's on, but many times he's off, and turning in sloppy, rushed work will not do in this case. I also don't love the new look. Dauterman's Red look was only okay, and this is a lesser version. Goddess watch over us, we are in uncertain terrain. Also, Atlanta? Really? That feels like pandering. Ororo ain't no damn Georgia peach. Oh well, let's see what they got....
    Atlanta is weird. But for the first time I am actually hyped about a solo.

Nice having a Nigerian writer doing this.

And despite the bad art on RoTPoX, we know Werneck is one of the best new artists in Marvel and loves the X-men.

They are investing in this book.

Oh, and I really like the new look.

It's a mix of the original Cockrum costume with the Hellfire Gala one.
    Last edited by Mutant X; 05-16-2024 at 11:54 AM.

This sounds like it’s going to be really good!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

So when mutants are once more at their lowest the writers and editors are again having her completely check out and prioritize the flatscans. Unfamiliar with the writer, that new costume is fugly, and Werneck is not good at action sequences. Right now I’m uninterested and unimpressed.

I'm glad we have a (hopefully great) Black writer and a (usually great) queer artist on this book. Please make it to at least #50! If only this happened when mutants were flying high and on equal footing with the supposedly sacred Avengers. Even Beast is with his people this time around, unlike joining the enemy Inhumans during the mutant genocide before the last before the last mutant genocide.

The costume's... OK.
    Honestly, my favourite Storm costume in decades was this one, and I still miss it.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-16-2024 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm glad we have a (hopefully great) Black writer and a (usually great) queer artist on this book. Please make it to at least #50!

The costume's... OK.
    Honestly, my favourite Storm costume in decades was this one, and I still miss it.
    That one was okay. I would remove the smaller yellow lines at the crotch and down the sides of the bodice. Maybe add a red interior to the cape. I didn't like that headpiece though. Go classic diadem or nothing.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Question: does she have any particular connection to Atlanta? It seems a bit random to me. It would have felt fresher if she was based in Egypt or Kenya.
    I hate when the plot is: “mutants have split across the globe”, but then everyone shown is still in the US lol.