Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1441

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t see Gambit getting actual storyline while he is Deathbit because he is a brainwashed villain. I think he will be plot device until break from control.
    This assumes outright brainwashing. I like Liu's idea in AXM that Deathbit was always a part of him ie a manifestation of his darker side born from his lack of self worth and feelings of rejection. In that vein then Rogues rejection of him provides the opening for his darker side to emerge and the resolution comes in two parts.

First he sees footage or memorials of people remembering him and his sacrifice from all across the globe including Kurt's eulogy.

Second he somehow relives the gala but this time maybe he stays and hears Rogue tell Mags that he was right and some things are deeper than skin. With that he remembers Xavier's last words to him ie “Gambit, how often must a scoundrel prove himself a hero, before he believes it himself?” And with that the hold Deathbit has over him is broken.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-16-2024 at 09:21 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

That's probably what Beau was talking about when he stated (twice) that it was "key" for Remy to die thinking that Rogue chose Magneto over him...

When I read those tweets a while ago, I knew he was coming back brainwashed (either Deathbit or Prime Sentinel).

Some are saying that it'll be resolved quickly, like Goblin Queen. But for some reason the Gambit (and Romy) plots are a slow burn. 5 eps in a row without Gambit this season (and with Rogue grieving him). He had to stay dead for her to hit rock bottom and then avenge him at the end.

I'm hoping for Deathbit to not be fully brainwashed so we can get some characterization. Just trying to remember how Archangel was on XTAS, I know Rogue absorbed his powers (which worked) but I don't think it's going to be that easy for her this time. I'm thinking Deathbit will be resolved late in s2. Rogue's in ancient Egypt so hopefully that'll last for 1 ep (maybe 2 at most). However, I think the love triangle is going to resurface again and that's what'll affect Deathbit the most.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This assumes outright brainwashing. I like Liu's idea in AXM that Deathbit was always a part of him ie a manifestation of his darker side born from his lack of self with and feelings of rejection. In that vein then Rogues rejection of him provides the opening for his darker side to emerge and the resolution comes in two parts.

First he sees footage or memorials of people remembering him and his sacrifice from all across the globe including Kurt's eulogy.

Second he somehow relives the gala but this time maybe he stays and hears Rogue tell Mags that he was right and some things are deeper than skin. With that he remembers Xavier's last words to him ie “Gambit, how often must a scoundrel prove himself a hero, before he believes it himself?” And with that the hold Deathbit has over him is broken.
    The problem for me is that Remy`s fell of abandonment after Antarctica and being left at birth had a huge influence on Deathbit.
    Rogue choosing Mags over him? Not so much. He respected her decision with calm and respect in ep5 and I liked it a lot. So for me Rogue choosing Mags is not enough to feed Deathbit.

Bigger problem for me would be when Remy realize that Bastion killed thousands of mutants and after that Cyke offered Bastion to join X-Men and no one refused. Complete WTF moment.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-16-2024 at 06:53 AM.

This will definitely get dragged till the back half of S2. The writers have to rebuild all the momentum they lost by delaying this story for a year. The time travel stuff will probably be the first two episodes and the X-Men will come back to the present to find Apocalypse has taken over.

I was really off the mark on this storyline. I should of known better than to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Romy. I just don't have the energy right now to speculate something that won't get resolved until next year. Now I expect Rogue to appear in front of Deathbit and he will be instantly cured because he read online that Rogue chose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zin Magala View Post
    I was really off the mark on this storyline. I should of known better than to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Romy. I just don't have the energy right now to speculate something that won't get resolved until next year. Now I expect Rogue to appear in front of Deathbit and he will be instantly cured because he read online that Rogue chose him.
    Such things brings me joy Group therapy.

Astonishing Member

Anyone read Weapon X-MEN limited series by Christos Gage, they show a happy AU for the X-MEN which show Scott and Madelyne, Logan and Mariko, and Remy and Rogue, all old, enjoying retirement as couples. So if you want to see some elderly ROMY happy with grandkids, its there. There's also middle age Rictor and Shatterstar.

This assumes outright brainwashing. I like Liu's idea in AXM that Deathbit was always a part of him ie a manifestation of his darker side born from his lack of self with and feelings of rejection. In that vein then Rogues rejection of him provides the opening for his darker side to emerge and the resolution comes in two parts.

My problem with this theory is that Gambit handled the "break-up" in about as mature a fashion as anyone could. He told her time would prove her wrong, and he'd still be her friend. He was understandably sad, but he wasn't seething with barely suppressed rage.

Now, I know a) the Horseman transformation could amplify and twist his feelings, and b) the writers have not managed to maintain Rogue's emotional state from one episode to another. But adult acceptance of a rejection doesn't exactly scream Death to me.

Of course, he had almost no coherent motives in the comic as well, so who knows.

Fantastic Member

Since we're talking about why Apocalypse would resurrect Gambit as Death, I want to point out that he doesn't really need a deep motivation for it. Gambit is the face of mutant martyrdom. While Magneto is the face of the resistance movement, Gambit was the real champion who sacrificed himself to save the mutants of Genosha. If you are out here like Apocalypse, trying to lead your "people", you'll need to show them why they should follow you in these times. What better option is there than to bring back one of mutant's greatest heroes as his right hand man?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Since we're talking about why Apocalypse would resurrect Gambit as Death, I want to point out that he doesn't really need a deep motivation for it. Gambit is the face of mutant martyrdom. While Magneto is the face of the resistance movement, Gambit was the real champion who sacrificed himself to save the mutants of Genosha. If you are out here like Apocalypse, trying to lead your "people", you'll need to show them why they should follow you in these times. What better option is there than to bring back one of mutant's greatest heroes as his right hand man?
    That's exactly why Apocalypse is recruiting/resurrecting Gambit. His heroics/martyrdom and his display of power against the Wild Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    The problem for me is that Remy`s fell of abandonment after Antarctica and being left at birth had a huge influence on Deathbit.
    Rogue choosing Mags over him? Not so much. He respected her decision with calm and respect in ep5 and I liked it a lot. So for me Rogue choosing Mags is not enough to feed Deathbit.

Bigger problem for me would be when Remy realize that Bastion killed thousands of mutants and after that Cyke offered Bastion to join X-Men and no one refused. Complete WTF moment.
    That is where the lack of self worth comes in. A part of him likely feels he doesnt deserve Rogue. Also it is one thing to accept Rogue's decision and quite another to do nothing when she throws it in his face at the gala literally hours after the breakup. That is why he walked away because he couldnt watch that unfold despite what he said.

A normal person with self worth may accept her decision but then be bleeping mad she didnt to make out with Mags so soon after and in such a public way. The fact all Gambit did was walk off shows his lack of self worth IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    My problem with this theory is that Gambit handled the "break-up" in about as mature a fashion as anyone could. He told her time would prove her wrong, and he'd still be her friend. He was understandably sad, but he wasn't seething with barely suppressed rage.

Now, I know a) the Horseman transformation could amplify and twist his feelings, and b) the writers have not managed to maintain Rogue's emotional state from one episode to another. But adult acceptance of a rejection doesn't exactly scream Death to me.

Of course, he had almost no coherent motives in the comic as well, so who knows.
    See above.. Gambit said he was fine before she then made out with Mags a couple hours later. So the issue is in how soon after their breakup Rogue decides to flaunt her new relationship. You can accept a breakup in general but then get upset in how the other party actually executes on it particularly if said execution is within hours of said breakup. Again that is why Gambit walks out.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-16-2024 at 10:50 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Amazing Member

Apocalypse's motivation for Gambit's resurrection is very simple: Gambit showed how powerful he is. Apocalypse is about the survival of the most strong .

Brainwashing is necessary for submission.
    And Rogue is the key to changing the brainwashing and Remy sees himself as the real old Gambit. I think we have a quick resolution to this, one more episode of resolution, but the story will be prepared in 3 or 4 episodes. At the end of season 2, Gambit and Rogue living together and in love, help the X-Men defeat Apocalypse, and Gambit and Rogue permanently leave the team at the end of the season.

Comercial Polls may indicate an increase in the popularity of Gambit & Rogue and Disney deciding to continue with OTP for a 3rd season, but I understand that was the plan of Beau DeMayo, who clearly wants to tell a good story (even if we don't liked) and introduce new characters, but maybe don't think in a commercial way (like Disney)

In Brazil, Gambit & Rogue's popularity has never been as high as it is now and I think the same is true in the US and other Latin American countries.
    It's a good time for Romy fans.

I understand Romy fans' anger, but I think X97 has more merit than XTAS92. X92 never showed Gambit & Rogue as a real couple, and X97 explains Rogue and Gambit's motivations for this, only this is an evolution of their relationship, but before that, X97 shows Gambit & Rogue as soulmates and OTP, even with Rogneto on the sideline.
    not the happy end, but it's not the end yet
    She's choose him and he don't now, but in the season 2 be fix this.

That is where the lack of self worth comes in. A part of him likely feels he doesnt deserve Rogue. Also it is one thing to accept Rogue's decision and quite another to do nothing when she throws it in his face at the gala literally hours after the breakup. That is why he walked away because he couldnt watch that unfold despite what he said.

A normal person with self worth may accept her decision but then be bleeping mad she didnt to make out with Mags so soon after and in such a public way. The fact all Gambit did was walk off shows his lack of self worth IMO.

See above.. Gambit said he was fine before she then made out with Mags a couple hours later. So the issue is in how soon after their breakup Rogue decides to flaunt her new relationship. You can accept a breakup in general but then get upset in how the other party actually executes on it particularly if said execution is within hours of said breakup. Again that is why Gambit walks out.
    I guess I read Gambit walking away differently. I acknowledge that it is a moment open to interpretation. To me, it seemed like the mature thing to do. He doesn't lose his cool, he doesn't create a scene, he chooses not to watch something that he knows will hurt him.

Tbh, I probably should have done what Gambit did rather than hate watching the backend of the show. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I guess I read Gambit walking away differently. I acknowledge that it is a moment open to interpretation. To me, it seemed like the mature thing to do. He doesn't lose his cool, he doesn't create a scene, he chooses not to watch something that he knows will hurt him.

Tbh, I probably should have done what Gambit did rather than hate watching the backend of the show. Lol.
    Second it.

Mighty Member

Here's how I would write the Deathbit to make it interesting ( for me personally, some might hate this). If you want deathbit for more than a couple episodes and to add stakes then revive Gambit as regular Remy. Then Apocolypse tells Remy the X-men are scattered through time and Gambit is the only one who can bring them back but he would need to unlock his true potential (energy) in order to open the portals to get them back. But Apocolypse puts a fail safe that corrupts Gambit the stronger he gets, eventually he reaches New Sun levels and loses his self. Basically like Frodo and the 1 ring. Apoc instructs Remy to recruit a team(similar to what Sinister did) to help him fight and open the portals. He gets Wolverine and Morph who also get upgrades and then Remy asks for Madalyn to be brought back as well. Forming the Horsemen. Remy and Madalyn form a relationship since Remy thinks Rogue and Mags are together in the past. Irregardless of that fact he still won't let them be trapped since he Is still good. eventually they all become corrupted by Apoc, Remy does help open the portal to get everyone back and at the end it will be Rogue who brings him back to sanity after Remy completely loses himself in the pursuit of power to rescue them
    Last edited by Gripstir; 05-16-2024 at 12:27 PM.

I think Gambit's character arc next season will be something like this