Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1919

Thread: Spawn

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Unlikely what? About Gunslinger? I didn’t say it was being canceled, I just said “I’m” not buying it anymore.
    I mean al not regain his powers bro the solications from July already hint that he will gain them eventually and we seen al depowered twice back then it is nothing new. Plus we need it for greenworld and Nyx plus Gaia’s siblings.

Plus Sam and twitch is actually popular with some people I know so it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon
    Last edited by Toxin45; 05-14-2024 at 03:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Also bootsy who was last seen kidnapped by angels.

Fantastic Member

I've noticed something about Sam & Twitch on Mcfarlane.com where it is placed in the mini-series section along with Monolith. Do we know how long it'll go for cause I remember it was noted as an ongoing? Could be a mistake but if not that is fine as I can see it just being 12 issues or so and then ending.

Pretty excited about the Monolith mini and seeing the cosmic corner explored more which is fresh territory for the franchise and pretty interested to see where the second issue of Rat City takes us.

I'm still waiting on King Spawn to grab me as these last three issues haven't done anything for me. Feels like treading water dealing with these no-name characters. I mean Krueger was built up as having this technology and everything and while a cute gimmick to have an issue read forward and backward, for a 2 month build and have that be the issue of Krueger and Al meeting was disappointing. Agree that it could have been told in fewer pages though I've felt that way of the book for the last few months. Gunslinger is another that I don't care about, but more power to those that do like it. It just isn't doing anything for me I mean a whole issue was dedicated to Gunslinger facing some punks.

Scorched and the main book have been solid for me. I kinda wish Haunt was treated like a bigger threat with him having powers but I hope this arc gives him something as it was cool seeing that action moment the book gave him a few issues ago. The main book is hitting a good groove with me and I'm digging the current story. They just have to be careful with how much they use vampires across the books as it can get old quickly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    I've noticed something about Sam & Twitch on Mcfarlane.com where it is placed in the mini-series section along with Monolith. Do we know how long it'll go for cause I remember it was noted as an ongoing? Could be a mistake but if not that is fine as I can see it just being 12 issues or so and then ending.

Pretty excited about the Monolith mini and seeing the cosmic corner explored more which is fresh territory for the franchise and pretty interested to see where the second issue of Rat City takes us.

I'm still waiting on King Spawn to grab me as these last three issues haven't done anything for me. Feels like treading water dealing with these no-name characters. I mean Krueger was built up as having this technology and everything and while a cute gimmick to have an issue read forward and backward, for a 2 month build and have that be the issue of Krueger and Al meeting was disappointing. Agree that it could have been told in fewer pages though I've felt that way of the book for the last few months. Gunslinger is another that I don't care about, but more power to those that do like it. It just isn't doing anything for me I mean a whole issue was dedicated to Gunslinger facing some punks.

Scorched and the main book have been solid for me. I kinda wish Haunt was treated like a bigger threat with him having powers but I hope this arc gives him something as it was cool seeing that action moment the book gave him a few issues ago. The main book is hitting a good groove with me and I'm digging the current story. They just have to be careful with how much they use vampires across the books as it can get old quickly.
    Hmm, I remember it just being 8 issues. Monolith is 3 issues same with focus. Misery and medevial spawn is 4 issues. No home here is a monthly. I am sure the vampire saga will be over eventually. Like haunt got beaten but bishop and visceretor are still in.

Knights vs samurai is 6 issues same with violator. Blood letter is probably about the vampires spawn 77 is likely about the the old concept of spawn from Todd when he was at high school.

Dark ages and she-spawn are likley ongoings same with deadly tales which is just a prequel series for gunslinger to explain how he ended up in the present.
    Last edited by Toxin45; 05-14-2024 at 06:55 PM.

I give Sam and Twitch 12 issues before it’s axed or brought to a conclusion. It just ain’t hitting.

Rat City though? If Todd plays his cards right, Peter could be a worthy successor to the name Spawn behind Al. I’m very interested in seeing more of the world Rat City has briefly shown us.

It’s good to know that Misery and Monoilth are confirmed mini-series. As a while, regarding Monolith, he really doesn’t strike me as interesting so here is hopefully this mini can spark an interest for me.

The main Spawn title, Scorched and King Spawn are slow burners for me right now. I’m just slowly going with the pace, but honestly the last issue of King Spawn was a waste. Could have been condensed in less than 10 pages.

At least the art looks good.

I don’t have an opinion on Gunslinger as I’ve dropped it entirely. Scorched, being a book that focuses on Priest and Haunt is a check on my list. Best place to have them, all under one roof, so to speak. Interested to see how this pans out for Jessica, back under Wynn.

The main Spawn title? It’s cool seeing Al just being Al, a normal human with no powers just using his skills. I HOPE we never (at least not for a long while) get “undead” Al back. There is so much that can be done with a normal human Al that we have never got to experience as a reader that we only got a glimpse of when Erik Lawson was handling the story/art.
    I gave up on Sam and Twitch after the second issue. Honestly, not sure that they need their own series, but that is just me. They should just of kept them spread across the various Spawn verse titles.

I think that Rat City has a ton of potential and is the "2099" book for the Spawn universe. I am hoping that issues #2 ends up being as good as some of the reviews have said.

Monolith is a cool character and excited for them to tell his backstory exploring other aspects of the cosmic side. He is still the type of character that is shrouded in mystery.

I gave up on King Spawn last year, it just wasn't clicking for me.

Scorched has been good, has had its ups and downs. Both Jessica/She-Spawn and Haunt are the real highlights of the book and not sure how things will pan out with them giving Jessica her own book. I was excited that she was getting her own book, but now I am a bit worried.

Gunslinger has been very good imo, albeit having some lows here and there. I just worry when they do release Tales of the Gunslinger, because now they are adding yet another title when they should be focusing on the one main title to make it as good as it can be.

With the main Spawn title, at least we are back on track finally. I was glad that with #350 we got our new Queen of Hell so they can finally progress the story.

At this point as much as they do some wrong with the Spawn titles, I will take these over 95% of the Marvel/DC books which are just becoming a real chore to enjoy.
    Last edited by captainzombie; 05-14-2024 at 07:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    I gave up on Sam and Twitch after the second issue. Honestly, not sure that they need their own series, but that is just me. They should just of kept them spread across the various Spawn verse titles.

I think that Rat City has a ton of potential and is the "2099" book for the Spawn universe. I am hoping that issues #2 ends up being as good as some of the reviews have said.

Monolith is a cool character and excited for them to tell his backstory exploring other aspects of the cosmic side. He is still the type of character that is shrouded in mystery.

Scorched has been good, has had its ups and downs. Both Jessica/She-Spawn and Haunt are the real highlights of the book and not sure how things will pan out with them giving Jessica her own book. I was excited that she was getting her own book, but now I am a bit worried.

Gunslinger has been very good imo, albeit having some lows here and there. I just worry when they do release Tales of the Gunslinger, because now they are adding yet another title when they should be focusing on the one main title to make it as good as it can be.

With the main Spawn title, at least we are back on track finally. I was glad that with #350 we got our new Queen of Hell so they can finally progress the story.

At this point as much as they do some wrong with the Spawn titles, I will take these over 95% of the Marvel/DC books which are just becoming a real chore to enjoy.
    Yeah but Sam and twitch are mini series and king spawn is currently written by todd along with gunslinger but I think they will get better eventually.

Spawn kills every spawn mini should be good,Same with violator,knights vs samurai,misery,and medevial spawn as minis.

Deadly tales is just a prequel tie in for the main Gunslinger probably shorter as it focuses on his civil war days before his arrival from the present.

She-spawn is just Jessica in her solo adventures whether it is a ongoing or mini series remains to be seen I wouldn’t mind it since it would give her own supporting cast and villains even if their are small or big.

Focus is gonna be the origin story like how monolith was hoping this makes focus apart of the scorched.

Dark ages and no home here are gonna be very good expanding into the universe of spawn from other characters
    Last edited by Toxin45; 05-14-2024 at 07:44 PM.

Mighty Member

Spawn 353,monolith 1,Sam and twitch 3,and rat city 2 are now out

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Excited that they started releasing these again. Hoping that we end up getting the rest of the series as I love going back and re-reading Spawn in this HC deluxe format.

Mighty Member

Rat city 2. was a good issue the ongoing series is gonna be a hit

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post

Haunt is the main draw for me for Scorched. Jessica too.

The amount of King Spawn issues I see in my local comic shop in his $1 dollar box… and not moving? It’s crazy. I was thumbing through it and found a copy of issue 1 yesterday, lol. King Spawn started out so hard, but fizzled. Right now, as a sister book, it’s not really needed. It lost its path with the whole stolen brain arc, which in my mind was used as set for the Sam and Twitch series and Cyan’s Misery. If Sam and Twitch was moved to being a mini-series now, that’s good. Those were a weak two issues for it starting out.

Anybody catch the cover to the Jessica Priest cover to the last issue of Scorched? She has 6 fingers on one hand. If TMP starts to use AI artists, I’m done. Hopefully it was a one-off thing and they didn’t know the artist used AI. And if the artist didn’t use AI, well… that’s a terrible miss, lol.
    Last edited by Blanks; 05-16-2024 at 04:10 AM.

Mighty Member

Haunt is the main draw for me for Scorched. Jessica too.

The amount of King Spawn issues I see in my local comic shop in his $1 dollar box… and not moving? It’s crazy. I was thumbing through it and found a copy of issue 1 yesterday, lol. King Spawn started out so hard, but fizzled. Right now, as a sister book, it’s not really needed. It lost its path with the whole stolen brain arc, which in my mind was used as set for the Sam and Twitch series and Cyan’s Misery. If Sam and Twitch was moved to being a mini-series now, that’s good. Those were a weak two issues for it starting out.

Anybody catch the cover to the Jessica Priest cover to the last issue of Scorched? She has 6 fingers on one hand. If TMP starts to use AI artists, I’m done. Hopefully it was a one-off thing and they didn’t know the artist used AI. And if the artist didn’t use AI, well… that’s a terrible miss, lol.
    Bro you worry too much I doubt Jessica has six hands.Sam and twitch are eight issues and misery is 4 issues.

King spawn 34 has cyan there too it ties into the main series.

Jessica is gonna be getting her own series soon.

Also spawn 353 had the vampires regin with Jason wynn there too with the new girl being saved by fixer who works for Jason wynn.

We also got monolith there with his origin on how he met omega and gaia
    Last edited by Toxin45; 05-16-2024 at 05:58 AM.

Incredible Member

I said fingers. Not hands. As an artist, I hate AI art and I will not support it. I was pointing out that AI was probably used on that cover because the 6 fingers are obvious.

And honestly, you don’t have repeat the titles and their issue count in every single post you make.
    Last edited by Blanks; 05-16-2024 at 12:01 PM.

Mighty Member

I said fingers. Not hands. As an artist, I hate AI art and I will not support it. I was pointing out that AI was probably used on that cover because the 6 fingers are obvious.

And honestly, you don’t have repeat the titles and their issue count in every single post you make.
    Sorry just saying again not that big besides I don’t see any ai art on it besides did you see the lastest spawn stuff or not?