Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1293

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Untold Legend of the Batman is basically the "Year One" for the Silver Age Batman that existed from the early 60's until Crisis, Year One was the origin of the Batman who emerged from the new Earth after Crisis and lasted until the nu52 which rebooted the universe again and gave us the new origin in Zero Year. And as for now, "It all happened" so I guess multiple choice? Personally, I think the Red Hood Gang portion of Zero Year meshes fairly well with Year One so in my head that's the defacto origin.
    This is how I look at it.

Untold Legend of the Batman is basically the "Year One" for the Silver Age Batman that existed from the early 60's until Crisis, Year One was the origin of the Batman who emerged from the new Earth after Crisis and lasted until the nu52 which rebooted the universe again and gave us the new origin in Zero Year. And as for now, "It all happened" so I guess multiple choice? Personally, I think the Red Hood Gang portion of Zero Year meshes fairly well with Year One so in my head that's the defacto origin.
    Year One is still the foundation in my mind. The Knight - Year One - Zero Year (starting with "Dark City") would be what I consider canon for Rebirth Batman.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Year One is still the foundation in my mind.
    Hard to beat it.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Preview: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/31/dc...ew-batman-148/

There's still no answer to who this Zur-Robin is. He came out of nowhere. Is he a clone of Damian? A version from the multiverse? Damian doesn't even ask who this guy is.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im pretty sure hes a zur Damien from thebMutiverse. Zurr en Argh already dealt with AU earth bat zurs so itsnprobably the same
    X-Men Forever

"Call the family" - So we're at that point. Again.

I feel like Zdarsky's kind of lost the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Call the family" - So we're at that point. Again.

I feel like Zdarsky's kind of lost the plot.
    Comics having Batman go through an arc he already went through again is normal considering that his story never ends and has been going on for decades.
    But Bruce fighting Zur, everyone else being written as a bad partner to Bruce so Tim can shine and Bruce realising he needs the members of the family to solve this? Yeah, thank you, that already happened in the FIRST ARC. Why is the almost exact plot happening AGAIN?

And of course "call the family" doesn't include Damian ONCE AGAIN because he was written to be freaking stupid, fell for Zur's obvious lies and is now a damsel in distress.
    I hate this run so much.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its weird how this run is very repetitive.

The second arc of the run the alternate universe one was about Batman rebuilding himself after Zur kicked his ass, but immediately afterwards Gotham War reverted all his development and restarted him to being a mission obsessed loner so we're doing this whole thing again.

Yeah, Batman runs repeating story beats from previous runs is normal these days, but repeating yourself feels like something "new".

Spectacular Member out of control's Avatar

Man... I have been following this thread for some time now and i haven't seen even a single positive message about Zdarsky's Batman Run so far... This is really disappointing especially after how Zdarksy's Daredevil run is praised by almost everyone. But i want to see for myself as a Batman guy, so i will definetly read the run in the future. My expectations for the run are super low though at this point.
    Last edited by out of control; Yesterday at 06:49 AM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I'm still not clear on who that Batman is supposed to be in the last issue. Wouldn't the current Batman not have existed when Barry Allen was the Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its weird how this run is very repetitive.

The second arc of the run the alternate universe one was about Batman rebuilding himself after Zur kicked his ass, but immediately afterwards Gotham War reverted all his development and restarted him to being a mission obsessed loner so we're doing this whole thing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, Batman runs repeating story beats from previous runs is normal these days, but repeating yourself feels like something "new".
    The funny thing is Amazing Spider-Man has the exact same problem.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The funny thing is Amazing Spider-Man has the exact same problem.
    The two books that sell the best

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    Man... I have been following this thread for some time now and i haven't seen even a single positive message about Zdarsky's Batman Run so far... This is really disappointing especially after how Zdarksy's Daredevil run is praised by almost everyone. But i want to see for myself as a Batman guy, so i will definetly read the run in the future. My expectations for the run are super low though at this point.
    The series has been getting mixed reviews, so who knows you might end up liking it. Just give it a try and find out for yourself. I feel like the majority of readers here and on sites like Reddit were simply expecting much more of a writer like Zdarsky.