Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Keep running with that assumption, I guess, if the shocked feeling suits you.

Funny that X97 seemed to go that direction as well and make Sunspot's mother brown skinned rather than the pale ginger we met in the comics. Was looking for a Sunspot thread and found none...
    In the comics, Sunspot's mother was a red-haired European-American. On the show, she is a brown-skinned mixed-race Brazillian. So they changed both her race and citizenship/nationality on the show. On the show, her personality is also different than that of her comic book counterpart.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Correct me if wrong but I always thought Roberto's mother was American in the comics
    Yes, she was.

I'd put the assumption that a Brazilian character was given a more perceived stereotypical Brazilian appearance rather than caucasian to accentuate her background as being in the reasonable area. Because, why the change otherwise? Assuming that positing that a darker skinned and haired character might be intended to visually reflect an ethnicity is the result of being "Uhm" ignorant of the existence of other physical types, not so much. YMMV.

A brownwashing rather than whitewashing of a character. I'll take it.

AGREED. Hoping Rahne is around the edges of the lineups that we've heard about where the casts are said to be larger than featured on the covers teased.
    I think in the case of X-men '97, they may have changed the appearance of his mother not only to fit stereotypical expectations of how Brazilians must look, but to make her treatment of her own son in the show reflect solely her bias against mutants. If she was a white mom essentially rejecting Beto, it would obviously have other conotations.

Vintage Wolfsbane figure...

The look they went with for this is . . . wow. Still kind of want it. And the tail being hair is kinda cool.
    And as someone who only became a huge Rahne fan in recent years I now find myself retroactively disappointed she didn't get Marvel Masterpiece trading card. Or at least none that I have come across.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

On the topic of figures. Someone did a review of the new Rahne figure so we can all get a good look at what I pre-ordered.

~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    The look they went with for this is . . . wow. Still kind of want it. And the tail being hair is kinda cool.
    If you like hair then maybe you'll love She-Force, tail or no tail...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Just pre ordered the new X-Factor Wolfsbane figure. Can't wait to get it. Im beefing my x-men figure colleectionand alsonthe 90s X-Factor line ill have Wolfsbane i do ahve Havok and Polaris and soon ill get Multiple Man Strong Guy and Random
    X-Men Forever

If you like hair then maybe you'll love She-Force, tail or no tail...

Wild. I had at least seen the other figure before. Never came across this one. Wonder if this idea looked better when they drew up the concept art for it but by the time they put it together, it was too late to improve the result..
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-17-2024 at 08:25 PM.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    This is fantastic! Seen this art style used for a bunch of other x-characters but didn't even guess Rahne would get a go!
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-17-2024 at 08:26 PM.
    ~*Earthbound.

Down the rabbit (wolf?) hole of Rahne action figures...who approved this one body suits all interchangeable Moonstar/Wolfsbane/Karma figure ?!? :-P (better than nothing!)

Last edited by Thirteen; 05-17-2024 at 05:32 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Down the rabbit (wolf?) hole of Rahne action figures...who approved this one body suits all interchangeable Moonstar/Wolfsbane/Karma figure ?!? :-P (better than nothing!)

Guess they decided to not bother hiding the fact that some actions figures are just recolors of other ones. I think they even use the same molds or whatever when a cartoon stops running for a few years then gets a new show. Might have done it with X-Men 97. Not sure. Haven't looked. If they put out that 10 inch Beast figure from the 90s I will probably have to buy that for my brother.

Will have to take additional points off this one cause Dani is suppose be taller than Rahne. Not sure about Xuan but probably her too.
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-18-2024 at 01:56 AM.
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    And as someone who only became a huge Rahne fan in recent years I now find myself retroactively disappointed she didn't get Marvel Masterpiece trading card. Or at least none that I have come across.

More primate than lupine
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

My Marvel Legends Wolfsbane figure arrived today.
    Gotta leave for work in a few though.

Pretty cool. Really like the face. Too bad the one-piece is easily my least favorite of her costumes.

Still. It's very nice to have figure of her.

Anyone else get theirs yet?
    ~*Earthbound.